2022 Day Trips! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2022 Day Trips!

It changed ownership and the new places sells both butter tarts and samosas!
Sounds like a good reason to go for a ride:)
504_503843108.jpg
handmade? :unsure:

Almost got blown out of my lane several times today.
Yea, it was pretty windy - had to tuck myself in when riding around Etobicoke today. Any stronger and I'd have to cling onto the bike for dear life lol.
Headed home once it started coming down...good 1.5 hours spent getting re-acquainted after winter lol

Yea, it was pretty windy - had to tuck myself in when riding around Etobicoke today. Any stronger and I'd have to cling onto the bike for dear life lol.
Headed home once it started coming down...good 1.5 hours spent getting re-acquainted after winter lol
I was thinking to myself that today was some of the strongest and most unpredictable wind gusts I have ridden in before. Usually they feel strong and somewhat predictable but theses ones were really tossing me around. On the country roads with big wide open farmers fields with no windbreaks, I had to ride at the edge of my lane to keep from getting blown across my full lane and into oncoming traffic. Same with riding home down the Hwy400 - had to stay to the right of the right tire track because riding in the left tire track would allow me to get pushed into the next lane.

Today there was a VStrom meet-up in Bancroft and 24 riders came out!

@kurtrules and myself left at 7am and took the long way to Port Perry via the Forks and Hockley Valley. Then 8 of us rode to Bancroft for a nice long sit-down lunch. Ten of us are all heading down to Deals Gap in a couple weeks so it was good to meet up and laugh at each other before the fails begin. After Bancroft, I headed up to Elephant Lake Rd and made it back home by 7pm - just under 800km. Still some sandy roads, but overall, what a beautiful day out and so many bikes riding around up north.

Route to Port Perry:
1650850140385.png

Route from Port Perry to Bancroft and then home:
1650850241323.png

So many VStroms:
VStrom%20Meet%20Bancroft%201.jpg

Elephant Lake:
IMG_1672.jpg

Still some ice in the shadows:
IMG_1676.jpg

The old Cango on 35:
IMG_1680.jpg

Kirkfield Causeway:
IMG_1681.jpg

Last edited:
Rode out to Port Hope for my buddies birthday bash ride. Started with scenic views along the lake near Port Britain and eventually ended on more agressive bits like this trail across from the Buddist temple. That street view is from 2018. It looked a lot gnarlyer on Sunday. Only got so far in before too many mud puddles turned us back.

Kirkfield Causeway:
IMG_1681.jpg
Nice run. Interesting there is another Causeway around Kirkfield I always take (HWY 3 off 48) but it's all gravel. So I am wondering where this one is which is paved. This must be HWY 33 Centennial Park rd?

Nice run. Interesting there is another Causeway around Kirkfield I always take (HWY 3 off 48) but it's all gravel. So I am wondering where this one is which is paved. This must be HWY 33 Centennial Park rd?
That's the one:)
Always tone of people fishing off there too.

Is that a fishing tackle box under the bungie net then?

Took the ladyfriend on her first ride this season. We didn't go far, just from Orangeville through Hockley and back. She had fun. I'm happy.
Riding pillion or her own scoot?

@Brian P and i were at the Forks this aft.
BRAAAP BRAAAP CHIRRRP AAAAAAH CRAP went the drag piped Harley. Tried to do a burnout and left 20m of Chrome gouges in the road. No blood, so most of us for a good laugh.

Noisy Harley...rider whacks the throttle and dumps the clutch to show off for the crowd...went sideways then wibbly wobble CRUNCH scrape down the hill. Didn't hit anything, rider eventually rode it away. Took several people to pick up too much tonnage of overweight bike.

Back
Top Bottom