2020 MotoGP Discussion (NO LINKS) | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2020 MotoGP Discussion (NO LINKS)

Will get worse before it gets better.

15 mins ago. All of Italy facing coronavirus lockdown

Wow!

The prime minister added that all sporting events - including football matches - were being suspended nationwide.

Well, that's indicative of what direction this is heading towards. I don't agree with these measures, sure things are serious, but total lockdown of a country is making me fear of what kind of implications this is having to Society as a while rather than just sporting events--which at the end of the day is just entertainment.

Just saw this from an Italian member from another board and its a relief given how dire they made it sound:

Italian here: not really a lockdown, we can go to work and the country discovered remote working. Supermarkets are open, pharmacies too. No shortage of goods except surgical masks

Last edited:
Moto gp and wsbk will be done for the year might as well pull the plug now and start fresh next year.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Moto gp and wsbk will be done for the year might as well pull the plug now and start fresh next year.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Apparently, Dorna has a 13 race minimum guarantee with FIM for MotoGP - Not sure about WSBK. I assume both parties would understand the extenuating circumstances, but if there is some desire to maintain a season, I bet you will see a schedule of 2-race weekends, and possibly some other tracks like Portimao, Estoril (apparently, these are designated backups...?). There was even chatter of having the 20 season spill into 21 if need be. All less than ideal options.

COTA race moved to November 15 and Valencia bumped ahead by a week to November 22

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Apparently, Dorna has a 13 race minimum guarantee with FIM for MotoGP - Not sure about WSBK. I assume both parties would understand the extenuating circumstances, but if there is some desire to maintain a season, I bet you will see a schedule of 2-race weekends, and possibly some other tracks like Portimao, Estoril (apparently, these are designated backups...?). There was even chatter of having the 20 season spill into 21 if need be. All less than ideal options.
Well we have mosport....bring em here ?

COTA race moved to November 15 and Valencia bumped ahead by a week to November 22

Argentina postponed, Valencia moved:

Its not looking good, guys; this pretty much puts it near May before the (provisionally) first race.

Several teams are stuck in Italy unable to attend the testing in Jerez:

PS: Despite this setback in lack of racing, I still can't bring myself to watch Moto2; I've tried like 3 times and I still find something else to do.

Argentina also moved to November with Valencia being bumped another week

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It doesnt look good at all this year.
F1 Australian GP is getting cancelled and the NBA season is suspended indefinitely.
Not going to take much more for them to call of the season.

I wonder what the revenue ratio is between TV and ticket sales for MotoGP?
eventually they'll probably get some races run on a modified sched
most fans will watch on TV
but most people have their summer stuff planned well ahead, months ahead
can't see there being a lot of bums in the seats for a heavily modified sched

Vinales has broken his ankle in a motocross accident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinales has broken his ankle in a motocross accident

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ybOLDZg.jpg

I wonder what the revenue ratio is between TV and ticket sales for MotoGP?

For these big-time events, the usual commercial arrangement is that the racetrack has to pay the series organiser (e.g. Dorna) in order to bring the event there. The racetrack collects the ticket revenue, the series organiser gets whatever they can get from other sources (TV, videopass, advertising at track). If there's no spectators, the track is who loses out.

Whole different ball game from our regional-level stuff where we (racers via series organiser) have to pay (rent) the track in order to use it. And they still get the ticket revenue.

Haha, Jarvis' RBF always gets me.

But, so far the only thing that's been announced/confirmed is that he didn't have any fractures and was being kept over night for observation only.

There was s follow up tweet saying he's 'on the mend' but aside from that nothing suggests he broke anything. Which would be a shame if he did.

Reactions: J_F

Back
Top Bottom