2020 MotoGP Discussion (NO LINKS) | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2020 MotoGP Discussion (NO LINKS)

I had high hopes for maverick the last few seasons or more. Im losing hope slightly.
but more recently my eyebrows have been raised by rins especially. he seems to have an edge with his corner entrance speed. as you mentioned, the competition (MM) has an edge in acceleration and speed. it makes me think rins, and the suzuki with a better engine - could challenge.

the article links you left are good reading material ty, sad news about stoner.
I cannot wait to see some motogp racing. high hopes lol

oh wow. I wonder how big brother Marquez feels about this.

probably not great, but he'll still end up on a Honda (likely LCR) and MMarquez will push his influence to ensure AMarquez has factory level equipment. In this equation, Crutchlow is likely out.

Puig is trying to contain the silly season drama, but failing miserably to do so as most pretty much figured out anytime he opens his mouth to the media he's lying:

Alex to HRC was always a gesture to Marc, nothing more. I don't think Alex deserved a factory seat so soon given all the talent and after failing to win the Moto2 championship for so long. But, on a Marketing level this would have played well with Repsol, Dorna and any affiliate Spanish sponsor. It's a stark reminder that Motorsports isn't a meritocracy its a business, and even in the best of times some of the best riders don't ever get proper rides which diminishes their chances before their peak years and they never get to shine: a recent example being Bautista who was never really rated as anything more than grid-filler until he went to WSBK.

I mean this is a sport that will boot a pay-rider (who's father owns a GP track on the Calendar) in such a calloused manner for actual talent but more importantly to secure a French GP, and yet a rookie moto2 champ that took a several seasons to win it while on the best team with the best bike for how many seasons gets a factory HRC in his first year because of his last name?

Zarco was way more deserving of that seat than Alex ever was.

probably not great, but he'll still end up on a Honda (likely LCR) and MMarquez will push his influence to ensure AMarquez has factory level equipment. In this equation, Crutchlow is likely out.
Doesn't look like AMarquez will be on LCR - Cecchinelli already said he wants Crutchlow and Nakagami for the 2021 season.

Doesn't look like AMarquez will be on LCR - Cecchinelli already said he wants Crutchlow and Nakagami for the 2021 season.

I am a bit surprised he would take Nakagami over AMarquez. AMarquez is not the most elite Moto2 champion, i do think he is a better rider than Nakagami. I have to believe though for that 2nd LCR seat, Honda is basically paying the whole thing (which is why Nakagami got the seat in the first place), so if they feel AMarquez should be there to appease MMarquez, then so be it...

Although...it'd be cool to see a 5th Honda on the track. I miss the days when they had 6 (sometimes 7) solid entries during the 990cc days.

Casey seems to be in better spirits than what it sounded like in the article I posted from late last year, he spoke about wanting more involvement in the GP grid recently, too:

He alludes to Marc having the final say in Honda getting rid of him as a test rider. Which given his health issue(s) and lack of presence in the project that seems(ed) more like a contributor factor than Marc saying 'get rid of him' to me. But who knows?

New revised Calendar for 2020, I guess we're going racing after all:

Yamaha riders on racing in 2020:

So, KTM has signed Petrucci to the Tech3 team... Olivera and Binder on the factory....

On a side note.. I wonder what Ducati is waiting for with Dovisioso... maybe Lorenzo has come knocking?

So, KTM has signed Petrucci to the Tech3 team... Olivera and Binder on the factory....

On a side note.. I wonder what Ducati is waiting for with Dovisioso... maybe Lorenzo has come knocking?

I find it somewhat peculiar that KTM would sign Petrucci then put him on the supposed junior team. I endorse KTMs move to move Oliviera up, but I guess KTM decided they needed a veteran presence in the race itself over a younger/inexperienced rider in the KTM pipeline (especially after Martin signed with Pramac). I guess Pedrosa's precsence alone was not sufficient.

I think they want Dovi cheap, else they'll go with Bagnaia, then plug Zarco in at Pramac.

More possible Developments....
Dovisioso may sit out a year to avoid signing a bad deal. If he does, I feel his MotoGP career is over, and he will go to off road racing permanently.
If Dovisioso sits out, Ducati is in negotiations with Lorenzo to take his seat.
Honda may give Crutchlow the boot - giving Alex Marquex his seat.
If Honda boots Crutchlow, he is rumoured to be talking to Aprilia to take the somewhat vacant seat there, sending Bradley Smith back to the testing role, and possibly back to MotoE.

What a schlamozzle.

Aprilia is going to receive a nice check from Dorna is Crutchlow ends up there. I believe they would prefer a younger, Italian rider there (e.g. Baldasarri or Marini)

The speculation is that BT Sport's contract has some sort of 'minimum Brit rider' clause.

Watched the FP2, FP4 ,Q1 and Q2..

I think I can now relate to a junkie getting a much needed fix! Couple of surprises throughout the field so far I think.
Can't wait for tomorrow? Predictions anyone?

What can I say, but that was an absolutely AMAZING race...
A ride of the lifetime, tons of excitement and position changes...
Just, WOW.

What can I say, but that was an absolutely AMAZING race...
A ride of the lifetime, tons of excitement and position changes...
Just, WOW.
Agreed! After waiting so long for this first race, WOW is right! A must watch for those who missed it live.

Back
Top Bottom