2020 Day Trips! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2020 Day Trips!

Geesh well today's forecast went sideways. Still tried to make the most of it. Wish I brought a sweater.
Route highly influenced by dodging rain clouds

Switched to Calimoto app for route tracking.
map.jpg

Made a pitstop at Serpent Mounds, guess I will have to come back another time to see it. Seems rundown though.
serpent mounds.jpg

Over to Hastings to see the Fish sculpture
fish hastings.jpg

On the way back through Cobourg, I've seen this place before on other rides, it's so odd.
house colburg.jpg

BTW Lakeshore road from Port Hope to Newcastle all mostly gravel now. Once they pave it, will be nice!

Sunday looks like the day to ride for this wkd.
At least I hope so.
Theirs a Chip Wagon in Ingersoll that I just love...really great fries.
Green Meenie I'll check out MJ'S next rip I make that way

Partially
I rode from Bowmanville up to Fenlon Falls to meet up with my roofer on one of my jobs. Planned on heading up through Algonquin and down Elephant lake road and wiggle my way home. Ended up just wiggling my way home from Fenlon and sitting on the couch pouting. I would have stayed my course but I selected the wrong jacket and pants thinking sun not rain.
That's an awesome trip! I have been on those roads not too long ago, but in a company truck. I noticed on Google Maps that Bobcaygeon is near Fenlon Falls, I have definitely been to Bobcaygeon before.

I think next weekend will be my first ride this year. Has anyone been up to the 518 or up to Barry's Bay area?
Might do the 518 / Bunny Trail Loop:
1590965736766.png

Or head out to ride the Barry's Bay backroads:
1590966522662.png

No Google Maps limits the number of locations or points you can have in a map route. From Woodview home its mostly straight roads anyways. I live in Mississauga so I would be doing a full day ride regardless of which area I went. Leave at 6am and home by 8pm. Pack my food, eat beside nice a nice lake somewhere and otherwise only stop for gas.

I think next weekend will be my first ride this year. Has anyone been up to the 518 or up to Barry's Bay area?
I was up near Madawaska not to long ago.
523 -> Maynooth is good
Maynooth -> Pusey HWY 10 Elephant lake bumpy not great, but a nice road.
Pussey -> Haliburton all good.

Shane,

I mighty be up for a day ride next week if the weather is good since I have some time off. No gravel for me though.

Shane,

I mighty be up for a day ride next week if the weather is good since I have some time off. No gravel for me though.
Sounds good. No gravel for me either.
I'm not sure if I can get a day off mid-week though - would have to be either Saturday or Sunday as far as I can tell right now.

Sounds good. No gravel for me either.
I'm not sure if I can get a day off mid-week though - would have to be either Saturday or Sunday as far as I can tell right now.

The weather looks Sunny and 23 to 25C temps... for now. I would never go on gravel roads with my new bike either, I might take a wipe out or stone chips might nick my bike.

If nothing comes up, I'm going to take Friday off work and go riding. Better weather and less people out on the nice roads.
Will know by Thursday mid-day if I can get the day off.
If I can't take the day off, then I will definitely be heading out on Saturday.

I will try to join you Shane if you're riding Saturday, I promise my battery is good this time :D

Hmm wonder can i tag along?

I'm all good if others want to join - as long as it's max 4 riders.
If you've ridden with me before you know what to expect. In these times I especially don't want to be stopping in small towns and relaxing and doing a sit down meal. So only stops for gas and then lunch and breaks by some nice lake or scenic spot.

I'd love to do those loops but the way it is going with my shoulder and the CBF they are 3 day rides :(
It was better today ....if I can get a ride to Georgian Bay for lunch at the bakery tomorrow without my arm seizing up I'll be thrilled.

23c and sunny on Saturday with no humidity sounds like a perfect riding day to me.
Going to take a small group and have a nice lunch along the Niagara Pkwy
IMG-20200516-121913.jpg

IMG-20200523-135838.jpg

IMG-20200523-133820.jpg

The more gravel, the better, I say.

Everyones always afraid to put a stone chip on their "baby".

Rode my last bike down any road that was in front of me, including dirt and gravel. Heck, went across what I was pretty sure was a dry creek bed once in Pennsylvania.

Sold it for $400 less than I paid for it 5 years and 85,000KM earlier.

I look back glowingly on how much fun I had on that bike....not how careful I was to ensure it remained in perfect condition for the next owner.

Back
Top Bottom