2020 Day Trips! | GTAMotorcycle.com

2020 Day Trips!

sburns

I believe most of us are riding now time to get 2020 rolling. ;)

Anyhow those of us who are, please post your day trips, interesting places etc here. Hopefully we can share experiences.

Yesterday was such a gorgeous day, I had to make the ride up to Haliburton to see the Street car in the forest (on Kennaway rd), some of you have been there and the past couple of years I haven't been able to get there.

The route with some wandering.
route may 22.jpg

Details if you are into that thing.
route details may 22.jpg

The street car!!
TTC Forest.jpg

As close as I could get to the scout reserve. Use to go there when I was a kid it would have been cool to just see the lake, but nadda.
scouts.jpg

I'm seeing lots of gravel travel from you, Mr. Burns. Is there an ADV bike in your future, perhaps?
didn't he already post that he's upgrading to R1? :devilish:

Thursday:

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 11.26.47 PM.png

Today

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 11.27.19 PM.png

Ive done this route 3 times this year taking different groups.
In the past we did the Niagara Pky by starting in Fort Erie then heading up to Niagara On The Lake.
This year I have done it in the opposite direction and like it even better.
Untitled2.png

Also here's a little thing I put together for those looking for a snack or a place to take a piss.

I wish getting out to those roads didn't involve a boring trip across the city for me as I'd like to spend more time riding the Niagara area regularly, but the trip over that way stinks....for a day trip at least.

Where do you guys and gals get food? I don't mind bringing a snack but where do you find a nice full sized meal? Can bikes go through drive throughs?

I pack my lunch for work so I just do the same when out on the bike.
Saturday will be. Pasta salad, a mango/ spinach smoothy and a cliff bar.
A couple travel bottles of ice water and I’m good to go.
usually have a good size breakfast first as well. 3 eggs and toast that way I’m not looking for food until around 1:00 ish.

Where do you guys and gals get food? I don't mind bringing a snack but where do you find a nice full sized meal? Can bikes go through drive throughs?

I’ve been packing lunches for most rides.

Did have Subway up in Coboconk last weekend. Fast food is mostly open now and yes, you can go through a drive through on a bike.

I like packing a lunch.
There are plenty of picnic tables along the Niagara Pkwy
That being said...I love finding Chip Wagons :)

I like packing a lunch.
There are plenty of picnic tables along the Niagara Pkwy
That being said...I love finding Chip Wagons :)
Have you tried MJ's Own Munchies? Chip/Burger place on Lakeshore Rd. Niagara on the Lake, not far from Lock #1 of the Welland Canal. Very popular with bikers. Get's pretty busy on weekends around lunch time.

Plan to get out on Saturday for a ride.

I bet you cancelled this, its cold, breezy and spitting outside here in Vaughan even though Environment Canada promised a 19+ Sunny day. I hope tomorrow is truly sunny, even though the temp will only climb to 16C.

I wish getting out to those roads didn't involve a boring trip across the city for me as I'd like to spend more time riding the Niagara area regularly, but the trip over that way stinks....for a day trip at least.
Go to Niagara.

Whomever took the above two trips, wouldn't know an exciting route if it bit them in the posterior.

Edit:
You took the trucking route, mate.
The only thing exciting about it is trying to pass multiple tractor trailers in the few passing zones.
Don't do it.

Last edited:
Knectels in Dover has been serving perch meals for the last while but no tables to sit at ( when I was there at least ).

The Forks ( Higher Ground ) has food but no seating other than a bench and the flower bed.

Place across the road The Common Good has lots of outdoor seating behind the place ( did not know that existed - nice place to work on the computer in the shade.)

The other corner where the old farts hang out - the girl from Common Good will bring your sandwich.

They seem to have limited hours so you might need to call ahead. Apparently Hockley General Store is not open yet :-( Love their BLT for lunch.

Bicycle Cafe is open June 4th for take out. I do like their food but don't think there is anywhere to sit near by.

One of my fav local trips is head to Dover for perch and then along the lake ( turn for Selkirk ) to Port Colborne, Fort Erie and Niagara Falls then slab it home.

Last edited:
I bet you cancelled this, its cold, breezy and spitting outside here in Vaughan even though Environment Canada promised a 19+ Sunny day. I hope tomorrow is truly sunny, even though the temp will only climb to 16C.

Partially
I rode from Bowmanville up to Fenlon Falls to meet up with my roofer on one of my jobs. Planned on heading up through Algonquin and down Elephant lake road and wiggle my way home. Ended up just wiggling my way home from Fenlon and sitting on the couch pouting. I would have stayed my course but I selected the wrong jacket and pants thinking sun not rain.

Back
Top Bottom