2020 Day Trips! | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2020 Day Trips!

Have you considered shipping it to Niagara USA than using a company to bring over here to Mississauga for a small fee.
This is a cheaper way of doing it anyways. Bringing it direct to your house with UPS usually becomes very expensive.

Key was needing them this week.

Given the US exchange right now I'm fairly confident there's few deals to be had anymore ordering from the USA on a lot of stuff anyways, especially once shipping hassles come into play. It would have to be one heck of a deal for me to bother with all the hassles of dealing with a cross border company etc etc etc.

Key was needing them this week.

Given the US exchange right now I'm fairly confident there's few deals to be had anymore ordering from the USA on a lot of stuff anyways, especially once shipping hassles come into play. It would have to be one heck of a deal for me to bother with all the hassles of dealing with a cross border company etc etc etc.

Yup. Doesn't really make sense to bring anything over from an online retailer in USA.
When I priced out my SRL2 headset it was $403+ taxes etc from USA or $335+ HST from GP bikes.

But I couldn't pass on the used (like new) seat I got.

Mosquitoes and Black flies are almost done already but the Deer flies are already out in full force, you might want to pack your Tilley hat and one of those electric bug zapper tennis racket things for the bush country. It could be a matter of survival if you get stopped near a swamp. And Ticks are Horrible this year, check yourself and your animals after you've been in the woods.

The bugs at night are bad, the other night coming home around 11 pm, I was getting pelted like crazy. I actually thought it might be rain starting. Nope just lots o bugs!

The bugs at night are bad, the other night coming home around 11 pm, I was getting pelted like crazy. I actually thought it might be rain starting. Nope just lots o bugs!
Not a huge problem when you are moving, but when you stop omg.

Mosquitoes and Black flies are almost done already but the Deer flies are already out in full force, you might want to pack your Tilley hat and one of those electric bug zapper tennis racket things for the bush country. It could be a matter of survival if you get stopped near a swamp. And Ticks are Horrible this year, check yourself and your animals after you've been in the woods.

Yeah, the horseflies were terrible when we were out crown land camping a few weeks back. Those suckers are both stupid, yet seemingly almost impossible to kill....and bug sprays don't seem to faze them at all - I shot a few straght on with the industrial strength Deet I carry and they just carried on orbiting my head endlessly. I *hate* that.

Anyhow, I have one of the full face net things now. I might look like a clown, but I don't care.

PrivatePilot - I sent a private message, please respond

I did. Or did I and then didn't press the send button perhaps. Will check again. ;)

I think I also hit a bird on the same trip. I caught a glimce of a dark shape, then felt a tennis ball like impression on my right leg, looked down and saw brown ball shape roll away. Just weird. ?‍♂️

Yeah, the horseflies were terrible when we were out crown land camping a few weeks back. Those suckers are both stupid, yet seemingly almost impossible to kill....and bug sprays don't seem to faze them at all - I shot a few straght on with the industrial strength Deet I carry and they just carried on orbiting my head endlessly. I *hate* that.

Anyhow, I have one of the full face net things now. I might look like a clown, but I don't care.

My neighbour at the cottage jogs and has one of these. Dragonfly Wingman. She says it works very well.

AB722-dragonfly-wingman-deer-fly-horsefly-deterrent-f-0455.jpg
love it

Mosquitos almost done? Wat.

Mosquitos almost done? Wat.

Yeah, I was going to say.

Mosquitos are generally “done” at the first frost. Most biting insects of their ilk are the same.

Game on until then.

Mosquitos are generally “done” at the first frost. Most biting insects of their ilk are the same.

Game on until then.
I avoid my cottage like the plague until July because of horse flies and the like but mosquitoes are in full effect until at least September, when i typically stop traveling up there.

That's the best solution I've found. Growing up in Kenya, mosquitos and bugs were all around, most even have a mesh around their beds, every night my parents would light a coil or one of those blue patch things like a thermacell. There was no such thing as bug repellent, and I don't know anyone in East Africa that uses any. I might buy that portable thermacell for the bike, camping, or even if you stop to change/plug a tire, no bugs around and no chemicals around.

The next best thing, though illegal in Canada, odd cause its what the Canadian military use, I ordered it of the US

Reactions: J_F

Game on until then.
The bigger flies and dragonflies are eating them up pretty good, It was windy enough today that bugs were not a problem even in the woods. I've got an easy dozen horse sized fly bites from today and that was it.
Riding was awesome, almost too dry, could have used a little more rain yesterday and it would have been perfect.

I remember 2 instances of being overcome to the point of panic by biting bugs, both blistering hot summer nights. The first time a buddy lost boat power in the Holland marsh near midnight. Coast Guard patched his marine radio through to my phone, he asked me for a tow back. The Coast Guard guys were killing themselves laughing, his passengers kept screaming "bring bug spray and hurry" during the call. A greasy full slather of DEET didn't work that night.

The other time I got stuck in a topless Jeep at twilight in the swamps south of Parham on Hwy 38. CAA showed 4 hours later -- I probably got a thousand mosquito/blackfly/deer fly bites.

After that I have never ventured into the bush again without a bug suit and a Thermocell.

Parham is just a few miles down wind of me :LOL: they have all our bugs today. We have a caterpillar infestation again this year and last time that happened it seemed there were fewer biting flies then normal.

Riding Woody's tomorrow for at least half the day, I can look for parts if anybody needs anything.

.............The other time I got stuck in a topless Jeep at twilight in the swamps south of Parham on Hwy 38. CAA showed 4 hours later -- I probably got a thousand mosquito/blackfly/deer fly bites...............

I had a similar experience on my 1st bike, a Honda CT70. Almost 50 years ago, miles down a trail, light rain, heavy humidity, prime mosquito and black fly season and bike won't start after a brief break........... Too slippery to bump start and spent almost 2 hours pushing an admittedly light bike up and down a trail until I got back to a paved road where I was able to get it going again. Think mosquitoes as thick as that commercial there the guy puts his arm into the cage to demonstrate the effectiveness of the insecticide. Hundreds and hundreds of bites and dozens swallowed, very unpleasant experience. Returned home and found that I my glasses had fallen out of my pocket......... Very PO'd dad insisted that we drive back and walk the trail to try and find them.......... After 20 minutes of getting chewed up again he agreed they'd stay lost.

Insect sheild clothes and be done even Marks has a version now. Work on mosquitos and tics seem to work for deerflies as well. Unbelievable difference you still see the swarms but they keep away from you.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom