2020 Day Trips! | Page 18 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2020 Day Trips!

Hard to believe it is November. Nice ride out today - little cool at the start but turned out great. Discovered some new to me roads, for example the road from the lift lock in Peterborough up to Lakefield is just fabulous - hugs the river most of the way . Great to see so many bikes out. Thanks to the rider who gave me the heads up about the OPP ahead on the 504

Are we sure this is November?? I wasn't planning on doing much today as it was suppose to be cloudy, but once I got out there I just kept going. Someone in another thread @Evoex mentioned HWY 518, so It was in my head so I went that way. Road were soggy in Markham and Richmond Hill, but after that it was great. Some sand up and around Kearny.

Started out by way of Sharon, I don't mind passing by the temple.
View attachment 45693

Saw this guy in Beaverton, I think he is good for all seasons
View attachment 45694

Scenic view near Novar
View attachment 45695

Kearney, I wanted to do a loop of some sort around to Burk Falls, but with the short daylight, and some construction in the area I headed back to HWY592 north to Burk Falls
View attachment 45696

Pitstop at Hanna Chute on the way home
View attachment 45697

So nice out even the Good Ol Boys were out for a spin!
View attachment 45698
glad you enjoyed the 518!

the food trucks are probably gone now, but the perogies in Burks Falls is to die for.

Another great day for Nov! Went out to Turkey Point and Point Burwell. Port Rowan was under too much construction. Return through Paris and Cambridge. Found some interesting roads, also the west end of Derry is quite nice. I was planing to be back before dark, but got delayed, with the warm weather it didn't matter it was still enjoyable at night.

route nov 7.jpg

Pitstop in Brantford, tons of leaves
leafs brantford.jpg

Taking in some sun on the "beach" ?
turkeypoint view.jpg

Interesting tree in Turkey Point
turkeypoint tree.jpg

Was out all day, backroads of milton, to forks, to river road, then north of Toronto.

Good times, good to see you again at belfountain @Brian P

With any luck i'll break 10,000kms before i put her away for the season.

ec52d859-27f5-47d8-ad19-7d45474a9821.jpg

Was out all day, backroads of milton, to forks, to river road, then north of Toronto.

View attachment 45748

knew I saw a red s1000xr today!

View attachment 45748
Huh I thought Niagara was on the menu? You mean I could have went there because the BMW gang wasn't? :ROFLMAO:

Niagara Parkway end to end yesterday. Perfect weather. Shorter ride today before I put the bike away. 11000kms this season. Thats not bad considering the restrictions.

Gorgeous up at Hockley feels even warmer ...very nice cept for the obnoxious Harley trains with illegal exhausts disturbing the day.
Took the kids CBF1000 out for a run ...power was nice to have - fair number of OPP about but overwhelmed by hundreds of bikes :D

worlds apart

Last edited:
Why is it if you don’t own a Harley people complain about them?

people should just STFU and ride there bike

Why is it if you don’t own a Harley people complain about them?

people should just STFU and ride there bike
said by owners of all bikes about other bikes

Don't care who is riding what marque ...illegal exhausts are just plain puerile.
There were some quiet Harleys that went by and some stupidly modified non-Harleys - far and away the obnoxiously loud bikes are Harleys ......and their owners who seem never to have grown up past grade 6 and make noise entirely unnecessarily.

Another beautiful November day - 7 am departure down to Niagara on the lake and then rode the parkway out and back to Fort Erie. What a great stretch of road. Was able to get out of Niagara on the Lake before it got too too busy

20201108_100020_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom