2020/2021 Raptors-NBA Thread | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2020/2021 Raptors-NBA Thread

was reading about the possible strategies with Lowry

one is that just let him play out his contract
resign him next year if it's a good fit still

reason being to project loyalty for players that have given it
franchise is not exactly a huge draw for top level FA's

While I understand the temptation to trade Lowry as he will be a UFA and the end of the year, I don't see how this package helps Toronto. Hardaway JR is also a UFA at the end of the year, and Kleber and Brunson appear to be bench guys. This looks like a $1 for 4 Quarters trade.
Yeah that's the point, you get 2 bench players and the possibility of keeping H. JR. for less money depending on Giannis or other opportunities.

Alternatively you let K. Lo walk for nothing or resign him to mega bucks for another year. You also put him on a very good team in the west, i don't think he would be that upset.

I have to admit I am very curious to see if LaMelo ball is the real deal or not. He took a very unconventional route to the NBA, and the general consensus is that this was a 'weak' draft, so taking him at 3 was not considered a serious gamble. We'll see...

second half of that game was interesting
new names got some significant time

Flynn looks like a solid draft

havent been following the raps since covid, looked at the roster today, looks completely different from the championship team, we even got a japanese player?!

Gotta start watching the games now

is the bubble still a thing?

havent been following the raps since covid, looked at the roster today, looks completely different from the championship team, we even got a japanese player?!

Gotta start watching the games now

is the bubble still a thing?
well..we're the Tampa Raptors currently...

The OG signed an extension today.
That locks up this nice young core for a few years.

Last edited:
Ugly season opener tonight
Lotsa bricks, turnovers
No interior D and rebounding
Chemistry yet to develop
Gave up too much in the 3rd

Next up, Spurs on boxing day

1610488927559.png

Facts:
1610488937610.png

Not quite sure what to make of this season yet. They started out horrible, are playing middle of the pack now, but still losing.
Hope they turn it around and get back to some cohesiveness.

New signings during the off season at the 5 have been a non-factor and has definitely contributed to some of the close losses so far
Was hoping Len would be some sort of JV lite coming in, that did not happen
Baynes hype was a letdown, he does not look like he belongs in the league, more suited to the local Y...

Took 5 or 6 games for Nurse to finally realize he has bench players he could play and we saw a great game in Sac that allowed Flynn, Yuta and Davis to get some good minutes, really hoping for Watson to get some shine because this guy can hoop

TreBoucher has been earning his new contract and then some, loving his energy and hope he can keep up this level of play throughout the season

Pascal starting to look spicy again and showing promise, but he will need more situations to become a better clutch time player as we saw the last 2 games

Still enjoying this season so far, it's gotta be hard for the team to essentially be playing 72 road games despite Tampa being their "home" court

It's a been a bumpy start to this season. The 2 middle men they picked up are busts so far. Hope they can somehow turn it around. Boucher has improved enough to offset it - I think he's going to end up the starting center sooner than later.

Last edited:
watched the first basketball game in a long time, boucher looking good out there, also nice bit of steals

Back
Top Bottom