2020/2021 Raptors-NBA Thread | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2020/2021 Raptors-NBA Thread

Lakers got some cap magic going on
any $ left for AD?
Clippers still need a PG last i checked. Rondo went to Hawks.-

Last edited:
Reactions: J_F

How to explain what Toronto, Canada, and the Raptors mean to me? I was welcomed to a new country and a new team more than three years ago and I felt at home from day one. I feel really blessed to have played for this city, these fans, and this organization. The love I have received during this journey I will never forget. I want to thank Larry Tanenbaum and MLSE and the whole Toronto Raptors organization. It is really a great organization that takes care of its players and I'm thankful that I became an NBA Champion with them. I've had great teammates, front office and staff next to me. And of course, a fan base that is second to none. So thank you Toronto. Thank you, Canada. And thank you Raptors. I am one of yours forever. #wethenorth

So for front court we have Aron Baynes, Chris Boucher and Alex Len. Considering that both Pascal and OG can fill in the 5 spot in a small ball line-up, this is not too bad for the coming season. They have a lot of financial flexibility for next year's free agency market.

Last edited:
I predict the Raptors will be a 40-45 win team this season (72 game season). That will put them probably around 5-7 in the east. edit: I expect them to get eliminated in the first round. Anything beyond that would be seen as successful IMO.

They are weaker in the middle, but that can be hedged if Boucher develops effectively with the more minutes he is likely to get.
Both Saikam and Anunoby should(?) have more upside - hopefully that will materializes.

Last edited:
looks like a mediocre season
a lot of prep in the hopes of signing Giannis next summer
hope something works out, if not him, someone else

here's a theoretical question:
last summer during the Kawhi FA circus

apparently Leonard decided he was in the status class to be a Team Builder, ala James
and that after he decided he wanted PG with him, the Raptors were offered that opportunity
"I sign with you if you get PG from the Thunder"

early talks with the Thunder indicated they would entertain a package from the Raptors
but it would have to include Siakam...plus picks and maybe bodies, Ujiri rejected that

this is of course review for anyone that has followed the team
but a year later, after a second round exit

would you go back and do that deal?

would you go back and do that deal?

Disappointing playoff performance to be sure. But...No, for several reasons:

1. The Covid disruption appeared to have messed up Siakam. No idea why. I'm willing to let that slide for last season.
2. Paul George appears to be a personality disrupter and has 2 years remaining IIRC
3. Leonard would walk at the end of a 2 year contract

Toronto has a history of not attracting good free agents (no chance they could find someone to match Leonard and George's talent level), and with the picks all traded away, Toronto would not be able to rebuild in the draft (Clippers gave up 5 1st round picks), and will get worse, which makes the picks better which would have only benefitted OKC.

Last edited:
I dont envy being the Clippers right now. Based on what they gave up, cyborg and PG have them by the balls.

Can you imagine not making it to conference finals for a 2nd year?

I dont envy being the Clippers right now. Based on what they gave up, cyborg and PG have them by the balls.

Can you imagine not making it to conference finals for a 2nd year?

Clippers need a PG and a big man to compete with the Lakers and AD. Not sure Ibaka is enough.

It's funny how everyone was going small, but then AD becomes a huge presence with the Lakers, wins a championship, and now everyone is competing for big men, which is why Ibaka, Gasol and even Tristan Thompson scored deals quickly.

Last edited:
I predict the Raptors will be a 40-45 win team this season. That will put them probably around 5-7 in the east. edit: I expect them to get eliminated in the first round. Anything beyond that would be seen as successful IMO.

They are weaker in the middle, but that can be hedged if Boucher develops effectively with the more minutes he is likely to get.
Both Saikam and Anunoby should(?) have more upside - hopefully that will materializes.

The Raptors will most likely exceed everyone's expectations, it's just what they do now ?

With the new bigs we added mobility, however we did lose some playmaking and 3pt shooting It will be fun to watch the P'n'R action develop, I think we could see some nice plays run through Lowry and Baynes.

Boucher at the 4 spot and added minutes will be something to keep an eye on, always love his energy and attitude coming off the bench, the kid isn't afraid. The same could have been said about TD3, but it seems fairly likely he will be gone...

Good opportunity for Pascal to take on more of a leadership role this season and forget about the bubble, hope we see more of a midrange game from him and better handles, would like to see him develop better jumping and landing mechanics though
OG showed glimpses of a tighter handle in the bubble, let's see how much confidence he'll have this season with more ball handling and ISO situations, with his size and strength he's an absolute bully down low already so he can help space the floor if so and he's proven to be a fairly reliable 3pt shooter now

Soft rumors abound about a potential K. Lo trade to Mavs.

Possible return is: Tim Hardaway Jr., Maxi Kleber, Jalen Brunson

Soft rumors abound about a potential K. Lo trade to Mavs.

Possible return is: Tim Hardaway Jr., Maxi Kleber, Jalen Brunson

While I understand the temptation to trade Lowry as he will be a UFA and the end of the year, I don't see how this package helps Toronto. Hardaway JR is also a UFA at the end of the year, and Kleber and Brunson appear to be bench guys. This looks like a $1 for 4 Quarters trade.

Back
Top Bottom