2018/2019 Raptors/NBA Thread | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2018/2019 Raptors/NBA Thread

Had hopes they would have a good 4th and rally back. Then 3min to go and they're up by 6 and running away with it. What a frustrating end to watch them again fall flat offensively and a rather crap last bucket attempt.

Had hopes they would have a good 4th and rally back. Then 3min to go and they're up by 6 and running away with it. What a frustrating end to watch them again fall flat offensively and a rather crap last bucket attempt.
I would say the defense was the issue in the stretch, splash brothers put down 9 in 3 possessions.

K.Lo said the ball felt good leaving his hands, Green got a piece of it.

Reactions: J_F
Siakem was nowhere in that loss
something didn't look right with Leonard either - turnovers - missed free throws

agree with Evo, those 3's in the final minutes were killer

Lowry is the heart and soul of the team
and although he was shooting well
with a few seconds left and down by one
watching him shoot a low probability 3 is not what I'd wish for

Gasol, who had another good game
was wide open 5 ft. from the rim

Word on the street is nick nurse cost them that game when he decided to call timeout just as kawhi started scoring and the raptors had the lead

Word on the street is nick nurse cost them that game when he decided to call timeout just as kawhi started scoring and the raptors had the lead
its a questionable decision, but he's not the one on the floor guarding their shooters. can't dump it on him.

Siakem was nowhere in that loss
something didn't look right with Leonard either - turnovers - missed free throws

agree with Evo, those 3's in the final minutes were killer

Lowry is the heart and soul of the team
and although he was shooting well
with a few seconds left and down by one
watching him shoot a low probability 3 is not what I'd wish for

Gasol, who had another good game
was wide open 5 ft. from the rim
Green had position on Gasol so he could pivot to K.Lo if VV passed him the ball, which he did. If he had been behind Gasol VV likely would have gone to him.

Good point about Siakem, never got going.

Reactions: J_F
with hindsight us armchair coaches can second guess anything
the late timeout now looks like a bad decision
but if the defense had smothered and the Raptors ran out the clock for a win
we'd be calling Nurse a genius

unfortunately the laser twins had other plans
Curry gets all the attention as he brings it on
but I think Klay is pretty damn impressive under pressure too

a home win would have been fantastic
but I still think TO closes it out next game

Nurse losing the game is nonsense. He could have done things differently as could have the players on the court.
It was a hard fought game and there were many plays throughout that affected the final outcome.
Loved to see the chirping between Freddie and KD - that was mint.
Hope KD is able to recover and regain his dominance - he's such an amazing player.
I'm hoping for a Game 7 win with KLOW hitting the game winning shot at the buzzer.
Kyle Lowry Over Warriors

This is precisely why Kawhi left san antonio, those team doctors will say anything, and its always better to get a second outside opinion and look after your health, feel bad for KD.

I was just surprised everyone was shooting all those brick 3's when they kept missing them, hardly anyone wanted to play the midrange game or in the paint

I still think the raps got this, especially because KD is out.

This is precisely why Kawhi left san antonio, those team doctors will say anything, and its always better to get a second outside opinion and look after your health, feel bad for KD.

I was just surprised everyone was shooting all those brick 3's when they kept missing them, hardly anyone wanted to play the midrange game or in the paint

I still think the raps got this, especially because KD is out.
I reviewed the stats;

GSW were like 49% from 3 and Raps were 25%, unlikely either team would maintain those percentages. To be fair, Toronto can score from 3, you have to keep taking those open shots when you have them. Taking a bad shot is another thing entirely.

Kawhi - despite dropping 10 in short order in the 4th had an off night
Pascal - off night
Ibaka - was OK
VV - Meh

We are the first team in 5 years to win at Oracle 3x in a season. We are a great road team, no reason we can't get in another one. Just tighten up the defense and get some people who were MIA in Game 5 back on track.

Last edited:
I believe the reason pascal had an off night was because he was being guarded by KD
I dont know if he played after he left.

But I agree, it should be easy to win just 1 game now.

One of the many reasons I love kawhi, hes so balanced, grounded, when asked about the tall task of going up against the warriors, he said it best:
"Its still 5 on 5, with 2 hoops"

What happened to the days where it was hard to find streaming sporting events and the streams were constantly being shut down? Damn. It is trivially easy to find the game (from many different networks) and they don't get shut down. They are a little ugly, but good enough to see what's going on.

NBA seems to be less fussy?
NFL I find still hard to get much

great game, very close
shame about Klay

Back
Top Bottom