2007 HONDA CBR 600 Lowering Help! | GTAMotorcycle.com

2007 HONDA CBR 600 Lowering Help!

KawasakiGal

Site Supporter
Just wondering what I would need to purchase in order to lower my CBR? I dont wnt to lower it much just a bit.

ANy help is much appreciated.

Jenn

You will need to purchase lowering links and some people also purchase a shortened kickstand to cope with the reduced ride height.

The lowering link connects the rear bell crank to the shock eyelet.

Generally speaking lowering the bike adversely affects the handling of the bike. For some the benefit is worth it, for others it is not.

Consider shaving the seat first to see if that buys you enough comfort so you can avoid lowering links.

edit: here is a cbr 600 rr specific link: http://burkhartcycle.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=124

Thanks for the help!!!

The bike fits me....but I guess Im just afraid and wonder if I would be more comfortable with it down a bit? My feet touch balls on ground....but I am probably used to my legs being bent on my 250 and flat footed.

I love being 6'2".

Yea Im only 5'4

Why not just put your left foot down flat and keep the right on the peg? I can't touch the ground with both feet on a dirtbike... I have to jump up on the pegs and down on the kickstart before the bike tips over, and then get one of my feet down when it starts to tip. Definitely makes for a good time on my buddy's KTM 300 which has kickstart on the left.

First buy the bike......

then look at your options, like seat shaving, lowering links

The bike is purchased!

I think I might try and run with it as is and see how I like it, Im used to my legs being bent on 25o and being flat footed, On this bike the balls of my feet are down on both sides...I think maybe I might just need to get used to it.

Why on earth would you buy a CBR (600 I assume) with a couple months worth of riding experience?

I would never lower a bike. It screws up the geometry. And not in any good way.

Why on earth would you buy a CBR (600 I assume) with a couple months worth of riding experience?

Why wouldn't someone move up if they want?
It depends 100% on how fast people learn and comfort level.
I started on an F4i and I had only driven a dirtbike for 30mins over 10 years ago and I didn't have any trouble.
Not that I'm saying its for everyone but everyone has different knowledge levels on basics.

Congrats on the new bike, You give the bike the respect it deserves and it will make you smile everytime you sit on it.

stormcat;163297[B said:
2]Why on earth would you buy a CBR (600 I assume) with a couple months worth of riding experience?[/B]

I would never lower a bike. It screws up the geometry. And not in any good way.

READ her other posts..you will understand why...

READ her other posts..you will understand why...

NO NEED TO YELL.

I've met the OP and she was in my garage for about 7 hours while we worked on her 250. Maybe if you were there with us you'd understand why I don't think a 600RR is a good idea for her at this point.

NO NEED TO YELL.

I've met the OP and she was in my garage for about 7 hours while we worked on her 250. Maybe if you were there with us you'd understand why I don't think a 600RR is a good idea for her at this point.

I AM NOT YELLING, lol.

When did I ever say a 600RR would be a great idea?

Because they're the coolest bikes, don'tcha know. As JJ points out; even inexperienced squids can ride a CBR600.

Consider shaving the seat first to see if that buys you enough comfort so you can avoid lowering links.

There is not a lot of padding in a CBR seat. It might be easier to work some of the padding out of your derri.... umm, never mind.

Because they're the coolest bikes, don'tcha know. As JJ points out; even inexperienced squids can ride a CBR600.

There is not a lot of padding in a CBR seat. It might be easier to work some of the padding out of your derri.... umm, never mind.

This bike is going to bite her square in the ***. I say that because I actually do give a crap. It's not a good idea for her. Driving a Mustang is not comparable to a bike. If someone wants to learn how to ride and do it well, stick to a smaller bike for the first year or more. You don't be all nervous on a bike with 20 HP and suddenly jump to one with over 100 HP before you're used to the smaller bike. That's simply foolish and not respecting your own limits.

This bike is going to bite her square in the ***. I say that because I actually do give a crap. It's not a good idea for her. Driving a Mustang is not comparable to a bike. If someone wants to learn how to ride and do it well, stick to a smaller bike for the first year or more. You don't be all nervous on a bike with 20 HP and suddenly jump to one with over 100 HP before you're used to the smaller bike. That's simply foolish and not respecting your own limits.

My tongue was planted firmly in cheek. I'm with you on this one.

Wow this got out of hand lol...wasnt asking for opinions on my bike choices...

However, I have decided not to lower it.

Thanks for the concern..however I will be going easy/respecting throttle and think il be fine...and Im not scared of my 250.

also currently working on working off the ***** haha...

in any case thanks for the lowering tips!

you all need to mind your own business and stop parenting others kids. I have ridden with Jenn and yes it is true she has a short period of time riding but has probably put more km in a month than most people in this board in two seasons, she is also very responsible and has good throttle control.

I don't know what you storm cat mean when you say "if you had spent time with her", I have and yes she asks lots of questions and mechanically doesn't have the skills but she has the attitude and skills to be a good 600 rider.

bunch of freaking nannies in this board and people talking **** they don't know about

Wow I did say CBR not Gixxer ;)
As for squid well aren't you quite wrong because unless you wear a one piece suit everyday then your more of a squid then you claim me to be?
As for inexperienced, Yes when I started out I was inexperienced but I know how fast I adapt to learning and have the knowledge to respect the power of a bike. And looking back I am happy I did not start on anything smaller as I would have been bored in no time.
But like I said everyone learns differently, If it has wheels I can learn to drive it lol.

I told my dad that I'm going to get my skydiving certificate and he says to me, "Son, you do whatever you need to do to enjoy this life because I can't go sky diving and I can't ride a motorcycle."

Jenn, you do whatever you need to do to enjoy this life, but I will add.. responsibly!

Good luck on the 600RR.. the scariest part is managing the added weight of the bike if you can already control that wrist of yours.

Back
Top Bottom