2007 HONDA CBR 600 Lowering Help! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2007 HONDA CBR 600 Lowering Help!

I was in the same boat. I'm 5'5" and not confident stopping initially on a CBR so decided to shave my seat down rather than lower the bike. I bought a used 07 cbr seat to do this on. However it doesn't sit properly on the year of CBR I have, so I had to learn to do it the "harder" way.

I just did like sweet onion suggested and when coming to a stop slide my butt to the left of the seat and get my left foot down with the bike at a tilt to the left. When your coming to a stop one trick I do is get my left foot off the peg and ready and then give the handlebar a quick tug to the right so the bike 'falls' left and just let my bike and left foot gently to plop on the ground. *Obv this is all pretty much at 0 speed and when you do it enough it becomes second nature. I'm glad I didn't shave my seat it's pretty flimsy to begin with lol.

The CBR seat is yours if you want it. In any case, Good luck it's a great bike!

Last edited:
n and yes it is true she has a short period of time riding but has probably put more km in a month than most people in this board in two seasons,
Are you talking about yourself here?

Last edited:
Thank you and the new bike is actually lighter weight then the old.
I told my dad that I'm going to get my skydiving certificate and he says to me, "Son, you do whatever you need to do to enjoy this life because I can't go sky diving and I can't ride a motorcycle."Jenn, you do whatever you need to do to enjoy this life, but I will add.. responsibly! Good luck on the 600RR.. the scariest part is managing the added weight of the bike if you can already control that wrist of yours.

[Thanks for the advice, I will take the seat if you still have it.

QUOTE=slo.mo;1633246]I was in the same boat. I'm 5'5" and not confident stopping initially on a CBR so decided to shave my seat down rather than lower the bike. I bought a used 07 cbr seat to do this on. However it doesn't sit properly on the year of CBR I have, so I had to learn to do it the "harder" way.I just did like sweet onion suggested and when coming to a stop slide my butt to the left of the seat and get my left foot down with the bike at a tilt to the left. When your coming to a stop one trick I do is get my left foot off the peg and ready and then give the handlebar a quick tug to the right so the bike 'falls' left and just let my bike and left foot gently to plop on the ground. *Obv this is all pretty much at 0 speed and when you do it enough it becomes second nature. I'm glad I didn't shave my seat it's pretty flimsy to begin with lol.The CBR seat is yours if you want it. In any case, Good luck it's a great bike![/QUOTE]

Anyone who claims lowering your bike is going to really adversely affect the handling of the bike probably has not ridden a lowered bike...

All my bikes have been lowered and the bike handles just fine. This is a street bike right? Lower it, feel confident, ride safe.

Yah still got it. if you can drop by the west end over the weekend sometime that works for me. Will shoot you a PM later on.

Anyone who claims lowering your bike is going to really adversely affect the handling of the bike probably has not ridden a lowered bike...

All my bikes have been lowered and the bike handles just fine. This is a street bike right? Lower it, feel confident, ride safe.

It all depends on your riding style.
If you think lowering your will not affect the handling then you have never pushed your bike to the point where you realize.
If it is a street only bike then you will be fine, If your going to take it to the track then you will notice the difference.

Are you talking about yourself here?
lol that's funny, yea everyone that knows me knows how little I ride. After all I got a gixxer so I am a big poser.

my avatar pic was taken at the L&L timmies meet

im 5'6"...cant flatfoot nor doublefoot/duckwalk any sport bike...never lowered anything never needed to (that being said, i've dropped it once or twice its a track bike so wahtever)...even though on paper, the honda seat is the lowest, it is also REALLY wide. for someone of your height, you'd have to lower the bike at least 4-5 inches...i would advise against this. For someone small, the hardest part about manuevering the bike is usually when you're off it...ie - getting it out of the garage, an awkward parking spot etc. All of these things, you should've already known or experienced with your ninja, unless that bike was lowered as well.

Last edited:
This isn't the 2007 CBR600 Track Bike that was recently sold, was it? (I ask because I was oogling over it). And the "lighter weight" is a give-away if it's race ready.

If that is the case..... you'll receive even more answers than what you already see here. You should share as much information as possible if you want safer results and advice.

Last edited:
Yea I was less concerned for track, but as you said its the walking it into parking spots etc....Oddly with my ninja I sat flat footed...

Jenn

im 5'6"...cant flatfoot nor doublefoot/duckwalk any sport bike...never lowered anything never needed to (that being said, i've dropped it once or twice its a track bike so wahtever)...even though on paper, the honda seat is the lowest, it is also REALLY wide. for someone of your height, you'd have to lower the bike at least 4-5 inches...i would advise against this. For someone small, the hardest part about manuevering the bike is usually when you're off it...ie - getting it out of the garage, an awkward parking spot etc. All of these things, you should've already known or experienced with your ninja, unless that bike was lowered as well.

Yes you are correct, this is my bike and thanks I love it....and yes it is lighter weight and fully ready for track....

This is a non salvage title bike, so I have ordered parts and will be using it for street as well......

This isn't the 2007 CBR600 Track Bike that was recently sold, was it? (I ask because I was oogling over it). And the "lighter weight" is a give-away if it's race ready.

If that is the case..... you'll receive even more answers than what you already see here. You should share as much information as possible if you want safer results and advice.

Yes you are correct, this is my bike and thanks I love it....and yes it is lighter weight and fully ready for track....

This is a non salvage title bike, so I have ordered parts and will be using it for street as well......

Why? You have a perfectly fine 250 that's cheaper on gas and insurance on the street....... you'll be paying 2X as much in insurance and parts alone + the hastle of converting it to track/street whenever you make the switch. Long term, it's not a reasonable investment.

The 250 funded the CBR...dont have the luxury of keeping 2 bikes wish I did! This particular bike is extremely easy to convert to street.....and still giving me an awesome track bike...so for now I will use it for dual purpose, down the road I will likely use it for track only....Insurance is still very reasonable for me.....and to do the switch over is also fairly simple!

Why? You have a perfectly fine 250 that's cheaper on gas and insurance on the street....... you'll be paying 2X as much in insurance and parts alone + the hastle of converting it to track/street whenever you make the switch. Long term, it's not a reasonable investment.

try wearing bigger shoes.

shoes that make you taller.
sounds like you are able to touch.....just not firmly.

worth a shot maybe?
the last thing you want to do is alter the bike.

Yeah I just bought some track boots that have some good sole on them, I can touch both sides, balls of foot are on ground......I think I just need to get out of the old mindset of my other ride being so short....

try wearing bigger shoes.

shoes that make you taller.
sounds like you are able to touch.....just not firmly.

worth a shot maybe?
the last thing you want to do is alter the bike.

Yeah I just bought some track boots that have some good sole on them, I can touch both sides, balls of foot are on ground......I think I just need to get out of the old mindset of my other ride being so short....

you will get used to it.
you will adapt and wont even notice after a while.
nice bike though.....a fav of mine.

Thank you! Everyone I have spoken to including race shops has agreed with your statement in it being a great bike.....The race shops have told me that it will be great for me to run on track, great way to get to know the bike...pretty excited about it.

you will get used to it.
you will adapt and wont even notice after a while.
nice bike though.....a fav of mine.

Back
Top Bottom