Your winter maint. plans..? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Your winter maint. plans..?

Would you sell the old one or does it move to the museum?
That's the problem; not much market for a 17 year old litre bike with high mileage which is a known oil-burner, even though it runs well aside from that.

I just saw a sneak peek of the new ZX10R (from WorldSBK Jerez winter testing). Hmmm.
Could just throw a boneyard engine in it and keep riding.

Or ride the h2

Or the fzr400

Or the cbr125 (maybe not all the time...)

Or splurge for a new bike and use the 2005 as well used wall art.
Riding behind you smells like burnt valve seals and oil!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Sometime over the winter I'll probably pull/check/change her plugs, do another throttle body sync and flush/change out the brake/clutch fluid.
I'm thinking about installing bar risers so... May as well get into the front end a bit and take a look at the head stock bearings.
This will probably lead to a fork oil change as well...
Right now the brake pads look good, but... I have a complete OEM set on hand so... Instead of waiting for when I "need" to change them I may as well just do it whenever I'm working on some of that other stuff.

first i have to insulate and put up vapor barrier in the garage, and then drywall / plywood walls. if i ever finish that, i want to install AUX lighting on my CBR. the single headlight leaves much to be desired

first i have to insulate and put up vapor barrier in the garage, and then drywall / plywood walls. if i ever finish that, i want to install AUX lighting on my CBR. the single headlight leaves much to be desired
Drywall can wait, just keep sparks away from the poly. Once you have it insulated, work on the bike :D

My bike is still new so an oil change and that's it except for farkles. I just got in on a group buy for a Seat Concepts seat on the t7 forum.
The wife's bike is up this year though. She just got new tires, chain and sprockets. This winter will be oil/air filter, plugs, valve check and/or adjustment, brake fluid flush with new pads, coolant change, and I'll go through the forks and refresh those.
Oh, and her battery is getting weak so that too.
Edit Since I've ordered a new comfy seat for my bike, I've been informed to start looking for a new or used comfy seat for her Gladius.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Think I will install a 300 mule kit on the berg and change the oil in the ktm and duc.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

killer needs fork seals again this winter. must have missed a scratch or burr when I did them this spring. SOHC4 motor might get buttoned back over the winter - the kitchen reno is almost done - that should free up time.

I plan to bring the bike into the living room this winter but my wife has another plan lol

Maybe a tidytail and flip plate thingy as community safety zones may soon include all of Ontario ergo photo radar.

That's the problem; not much market for a 17 year old litre bike with high mileage which is a known oil-burner, even though it runs well aside from that.
Price it right, it will sell.

I hope to get my V45 Magna running, but making trim for upstairs seems to be my wife's priority.

Winter plans

Mule has valve adjustment and maintenance done

B zx6r had engine refreshed and reinstalled so it's ready for a new owner

A bike zx6r just waits for winter maintenance

B bike Ninja 400 ready for 2021

A and C Ninja 400s still at Hindle as loaners for development work

5 dirt bikes just came south for winter maintenance. December will be a dirt bike month

Need to change bearings in spare rims so I can get ice tires mounted

Back
Top Bottom