Yamaha service/safety in Newmarket/Aurora area? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha service/safety in Newmarket/Aurora area?

I mean now we’re just opening the doors for options. Might as well just go see Ted @ Rosey Toes. He’s good about short notice and stuff. Just need to be able to deal with his ahem, ‘humour’.
Heck, from what I remember, your bike doesn't even have to be safe to get a safety...

(Was a very long time ago, to be fair)

Heck, from what I remember, your bike doesn't even have to be safe to get a safety...

(Was a very long time ago, to be fair)
Well, to be fair, I don't like the checklist. I think any mechanic could issues a valid safety for a bike that isn't safe. Really it is just registration paperwork, if you want to know you can safely ride it, the mechanic needs to go above and beyond the list. Ted (allegedly) provides the opportunity for people that know what they are doing to get the required paperwork.

Well, to be fair, I don't like the checklist. I think any mechanic could issues a valid safety for a bike that isn't safe. Really it is just registration paperwork, if you want to know you can safely ride it, the mechanic needs to go above and beyond the list. Ted (allegedly) provides the opportunity for people that know what they are doing to get the required paperwork.
Yeah, fair point. Way back I recall that he was known as the go-to for folks with dodgy bikes. To be honest, I never personally saw anything he approved that was legitimately unsafe, that was just the reputation at the time...

Yeah, fair point. Way back I recall that he was known as the go-to for folks with dodgy bikes. To be honest, I never personally saw anything he approved that was legitimately unsafe, that was just the reputation at the time...
He certainly ah, was more interested in chatting then thorough ‘inspection’ in my experience. I’ll leave it at that.

He safetied my first bike, without getting out of his chair. But I did my service/storage with kneedragger88 at that time.. as I was a newbie :)
He certainly ah, was more interested in chatting then thorough ‘inspection’ in my experience. I’ll leave it at that.

Interesting topic, found a holy grail (may or maynot be 100% accurate)

Interesting topic, found a holy grail (may or maynot be 100% accurate)
At least two of the "newmarket" shops have closed or moved. Good starting point for some phone calls though.

just stay away from the former Suzuki of newmarket . They are out of business changed name set up shop elsewhere , terrible service we ran them outta town i think lol

I've bought parts from Serpa twice and no issue at all in that dept.. My experience.

I've bought parts from Serpa twice and no issue at all in that dept.. My experience.
Parts wasn't the issue, service was. People would pick up their bikes (even brand new bikes) and on the ride home, a caliper would fall off or the handlebars were loose or . . . Terrifying stuff.

Scary stuff for sure in that Dept.

Back
Top Bottom