Yamaha service/safety in Newmarket/Aurora area? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha service/safety in Newmarket/Aurora area?

leannethrax

Hey guys!

I'm a brand new rider and have purchased a used 2020 Yamaha MT-03 with about 4500kms on it. I'm looking to get it a once-over, oil change, and all the fluids checked/replaced where necessary. Also looking for anywhere that will safety this thing once the service is done.

I've been having a hard time finding a reputable place for something so simple. I've had places ignoring my questions entirely in lieu of copy/pasted responses, or being purposely obtuse and snarky when I'm trying to ask questions.

I've heard things can be a bit rough for female riders like myself, but I'm hoping this is just a couple of bad eggs and doesn't have anything to do with my gender.

Anyway, any recommendations would be appreciated. I am willing to travel if you know a great place that will be helpful and respectful!

Thank you!

Welcome. I’m not familiar with anything that far north.

If you come south to Markham and Vaughan the options open up.
Markham power sports (ask for Shelly)
Vos Motors

Dealers are pretty slammed these days, getting a bit of a brush off appears to be the norm.

Most canadian tires have a bike tech that works some days so that is an easy place to get a safety. That being said, based on what you are looking for, I would prefer a proper bike shop with a tech that cares.

The same shop can do maintenance and safety (and ime having other things on the bill besides just a safety helps to avoid unnecessary things being found on safety to increase the bill). Honestly on a 4500 km 2020, an inspection and oil change are a good idea but I doubt much else will be required.

Sorry, no suggestions as to an actual shop close to you. @tricky is in the area, not sure who they use for safeties.

SERPA Powersports
15795 Yonge St, Aurora

Welcome to riding, great bike to start on.

I had a bike safetied at Dave's Garage in Aurora a few years ago, honest guys that pointed out what passed but would need attention in the future without trying to sell me "right now". They thoroughly looked the bike over, something that doesn't always get done on a quick safety.

Dave's Garage
(905) 841-6041

SERPA Powersports
15795 Yonge St, Aurora
I thought serpa was related to SoN? Am I wrong? If I am right and they have cleaned up their act that's ok, but SoN had decades of abhorrent behaviour and I wouldnt want anyone to have a bike touched by those butchers.

I thought serpa was related to SoN? Am I wrong? If I am right and they have cleaned up their act that's ok, but SoN had decades of abhorrent behaviour and I wouldnt want anyone to have a bike touched by those butchers.
Actually, I emailed Serpa for a quote, they were one of the first couple of places I contacted, and they gave me a cut and paste response that didn't pertain much to what I was asking about at all. If they can't even make the effort to formulate an appropriate response to a potential client, then I sure as heck don't trust them to be attentive to my bike.

Well if you are willing to travel you can always call GP Bikes. Generally always good service.

I would call, not email. To be honest bike shops seem to be a bit old school, even if they offer some tech connected services they are not usually up to par with normal online standards. Calling is the best approach. Good luck!

Well if you are willing to travel you can always call GP Bikes. Generally always good service.

I would call, not email. To be honest bike shops seem to be a bit old school, even if they offer some tech connected services they are not usually up to par with normal online standards. Calling is the best approach. Good luck!
And if you're willing to go out that way, there's also a small shop in Whitby Ken's Motoworks. I got my safety done there.

I mean now we’re just opening the doors for options. Might as well just go see Ted @ Rosey Toes. He’s good about short notice and stuff. Just need to be able to deal with his ahem, ‘humour’.

I mean now we’re just opening the doors for options. Might as well just go see Ted @ Rosey Toes. He’s good about short notice and stuff. Just need to be able to deal with his ahem, ‘humour’.
I would be comfortable with him but I'm not sure he's the best choice for someone that doesnt already know what the bike needs. Her bike is also pretty new for him. He is one of the few that will touch an older bike.

Back
Top Bottom