Working from home and zoom meetings | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Working from home and zoom meetings

Use a Zoom backdrop. Whatever you want..the deck of the starship enterprise, four seasons landscaping. They are all there.
I strongly dislike almost everything about them except the concept. The fuzzy halo, the gaps if you move, the colour temp mismatch, the processing power required (tablets heat up quick if you use them), the general weirdness of the whole thing. If I had an ok but not ideal background (like mess not something offensive) it may be a reasonable approach.

*shrug* the only name on that list I know is Chun Li (Streetfighter right)? My curiosity is going to get the best of me so I’ll check it out later....on a non work computer and ensuring my wife isn’t around.

There's no 9000 year old vampire on that list lol

That would be: Rachel Alucard

Frankly I'm not interested in that ****, but (Rule 34 - Wikipedia) is legit real and I know it exists.

Use a Zoom backdrop. Whatever you want..the deck of the starship enterprise, four seasons landscaping. They are all there.
I'd go with a nice lunar landscape.

I strongly dislike almost everything about them except the concept. The fuzzy halo, the gaps if you move, the colour temp mismatch, the processing power required (tablets heat up quick if you use them), the general weirdness of the whole thing. If I had an ok but not ideal background (like mess not something offensive) it may be a reasonable approach.

I tried them once. Cheesy. Never again but it’s an option if your walls might be covered in questionable material you don’t want to move.

Just remember this...people are looking at what’s in your room. It’s almost a sport. I point my camera up so it’s mostly ceiling.

I tried them once. Cheesy. Never again but it’s an option if your walls might be covered in questionable material you don’t want to move.

Just remember this...people are looking at what’s in your room. It’s almost a sport. I point my camera up so it’s mostly ceiling.
I point mine up but rarely use it. Stuck in a basement office so not many choices lol.

Just moved the gym to the garage so will be working out there during meetings.

Afaik, it is just a straight $400 on your tax return (I would guess non-refundable tax credit but not sure). Alternatively you can do it the old way with the form, percentage of house used etc.

Wait really? We can just file that this year?

gaming chairs are good. How much do you want to spend?
Just finished my new desktop build - so I was looking at something like the Corsair T3 rush (fabric).
But it turns out a lot of gaming companies tend to use the same or similar suppliers in China.
Hence the similar structural cues between brands like Killabee, Secretlab, Noble, Corsair, GT racing etc.

My friends suggested Embody - what 油井緋色 stated...but 2000 CAD is up there in terms of pricing.
Given that the embody comes with a 12 year warranty...I guess it may be a good choice!

Just finished my new desktop build - so I was looking at something like the Corsair T3 rush (fabric).
But it turns out a lot of gaming companies tend to use the same or similar suppliers in China.
Hence the similar structural cues between brands like Killabee, Secretlab, Noble, Corsair, GT racing etc.

My friends suggested Embody - what 油井緋色 stated...but 2000 CAD is up there in terms of pricing.
Given that the embody comes with a 12 year warranty...I guess it may be a good choice!
I have an Andachair. I like it, lots of adjustability and it’s made well. Hunt around for coupons on the web and you can knock $100 off the price quite often.

Afaik, it is just a straight $400 on your tax return (I would guess non-refundable tax credit but not sure). Alternatively you can do it the old way with the form, percentage of house used etc.
That is what I have heard as well.
Guess I'll find out by March - I heard some employers may be issuing forms for home office expenses...

I got it for $1200~ here. COVID kinda ****** this up though...and I think they are actually a bit shady lol

Also I had a gaming chair before (DxRacer), they suck. No offense to anyone who likes 'em. I got back and tailbone area pain from them. I'm also the type that sits down for like 3 hours straight though so that probably played into it.

Has zoom sorted their security? My employer forbids the use of zoom due to security breach concerns.

We use Microsoft Teams for video conferencing.

Regarding backgrounds, I’d consider anything you allow in a public office as acceptable. So would you bring something like that into an office and put it up on the wall?

It’s not about old school. It’s about professional conduct.

Unprofessional conduct is subject to disciplinary action.

If it’s just a couple of coworkers and you know them, no big deal.

If there are other employees you don’t know and their camera are off but they can view others and see something offensive, it might get ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at HM as one store is doing 15% off right now. I got annoyed at their pricing. Typical rich dbag pricing like Fairmont where the more the base fee is, the more you have to pay for add-ons that the cheaper competition includes for free. Paying hundreds for chair arms (you are buying an ergonomic office chair FFS), poly wheels (wtf does a chair >$1000 have $1 plastic wheels on it?), etc turned me off. They can screw themselves, I will buy from a company that isn't just riding their history and brand name.

I screwed up the name..it’s Andaseat and they are based in Richmond Hill.

I was looking at HM as one store is doing 15% off right now. I got annoyed at their pricing. Typical rich dbag pricing like Fairmont where the more the base fee is, the more you have to pay for add-ons that the cheaper competition includes for free. Paying hundreds for chair arms (you are buying an ergonomic office chair FFS), poly wheels (wtf does a chair >$1000 have $1 plastic wheels on it?), etc turned me off. They can screw themselves, I will buy from a company that isn't just riding their history and brand name.

Steelcase then? Those are expensive too.

Ill get rid of my Embody in a few years for a Steelcase because I hate the armrests on this thing. At the same time, it's easy to justify the cost because most of us (at least devs) spend 40-80 hours a week on this chair. I'm definitely in the 50-70 hour range.

But yes, the wheel price is stupid and I just got ones from Amazon lol

All it takes is one Karen... : /

Yeah....I'm actually afraid of Karens. God damn unhappy landwhales need to take a good look in the mirror to realize why nobody wants to love them instead of ******* us over!

Googled....I’d get fired if my bosses saw that.

totally calling pedo after seeing this. 9000 years old or 20...looks young.
They're all over 18 lol

Sakimichan actually draws underaged characters as adults, which I find ******* hilarious cause she just increases their ass/bust/height.

....oh and warning, she draws a lot of yaoi (guy x guy); gotta waddle through the garbage to find the gold.

Back
Top Bottom