Winter storage | GTAMotorcycle.com

Winter storage

For those of you that live in a house without a garage, how do you store your bikes?

Btw, if you thought about filling your tank with e-free gas for the winter, I can confirm that the Shell stations here in Mississauga don't supply it anymore and offer 10% ethanol in their gas mix. I missed out this year.

In college we disassembled my KZ650 on the street and carried it up the stairs to my buddies apartment piece by piece. The next day we did the same with his CB750F.

For those of you that live in a house without a garage, how do you store your bikes?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Most people I see in this scenario just have their bike under a cover, winterized and parked behind some yard junk so its not so easy to see or steal.

Battery stored inside would be my guess.

Thanks, that's a good really good read.

Btw, if you thought about filling your tank with e-free gas for the winter, I can confirm that the Shell stations here in Mississauga don't supply it anymore and offer 10% ethanol in their gas mix. I missed out this year.
A stabilizer would remedy that though, right?

If your location has some outside space big enough, one answer is to build a small "box" of plywood big enough to roll your motorcycle in to it and with a hinged lid to cover the bike. I know of one "box" built on the "pull on parking space on the driveway" that the municipality decided to overlook as the bike was normally parked there with a cover anyway. And the "box" was just as small.
If it is "bikes" you could check with the local municipal by-laws to see if a "garden shed" is permitted. Often something up to 100 sq. foot (8' x 12.5') is allowed and these are available as plastic kits at some building supply stores. Or they can be built from plans if you have carpentry skills.
I remember (long ago) a fellow who kept his Vincent Rapide on his large front porch of a house in downtown Toronto for the winter. It was about 5 or 6 steps up from the sidewalk level.

AFJ
That's interesting but I don't have the energy to build stuff. Maybe one of those tent things would do.

In college we disassembled my KZ650 on the street and carried it up the stairs to my buddies apartment piece by piece. The next day we did the same with his CB750F.
Impressive! I wouldn't know how to put it back together though

I pay my dealer. $250 tax included for the winter.
I've considered this too. $250 is a really good price. Who is your dealer? Does that include all the winterization work on the bike or is it just for storage?

Most people I see in this scenario just have their bike under a cover, winterized and parked behind some yard junk so its not so easy to see or steal.

Battery stored inside would be my guess.
It might have to come to that but I'm worried about rust and other weather-induced damage.

Back
Top Bottom