Will my broker hate me? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Will my broker hate me?

Anything size 10 shoe or more will have the same problem I did on the 821 - your heel will be resting on the exhaust.

As for my choice for the OP - Aprilia Tuono. Incredible sound, power, and comfy riding position.

The current gens are pricier, thoughts on the 2nd gen 1000cc V twins?(tuono 1000 R)

The current gens are pricier, thoughts on the 2nd gen 1000cc V twins?(tuono 1000 R)
Call around. It's black listed by a lot of companies.

More so the 1100.

I still love my Tuono. I have it insured with Wawanesa at present.

How are the moto guzzis? Specifically the V7s?

the guzzis dont strike me as the performance type unlike the rest of their italian cousins(ducs, aprilia, MV etc)

my Capo is less to insure than the Vulcan 800
and I had basic coverage on that old cruiser
coverage out the wazoo on the Aprilia

no one (not literally) in Ontario owns a Capo
no claims history to jack prices up, I'm guessing

the Guzzi V85TT is giving me all kinds of wood
problemo

problemo
Im not much of an Italian bike fan, but I have to say
I kinda bike the Gootch TT. I rode a friends Norge, it was very capable and a pleasant riding bike I’d expect the same. Worth a look.

Last edited:
Reactions: J_F
Going from Suzuki and Yamaha to the Italian bikes can be a learning experience. Make sure you do your homework on the Italian brands!

The guy formerly known as Mladin.
Italian brands :geek: they are made in Italy, just like Brembo brakes, Marrzocchi forks and MV Agusta (y)

How are the moto guzzis? Specifically the V7s?

the guzzis dont strike me as the performance type unlike the rest of their italian cousins(ducs, aprilia, MV etc)

The V7s are lovely bikes, inexpensive and easy to live with. Cheap to insure. Reliable and maintenance free shaft drive. Air cooled. Screw and locknut valve adjustment means service doesn't get any more simple. Just keep in mind that at about 50hp, you won't be winning any races.

Im not much of an Italian bike fan, but I have to say I kinda bike the Gootch TT. I rode a friends Norge, it was very capable and a pleasant riding bike I’d expect the same.

Indeed, the V85 is really quite special. All day comfortable, near perfect ergos, versatile, stunning good looks. The same signature shaft drive and easy maintenance as all Guzzis. RBW throttle, riding modes, TFT dash, ABS and traction control, cruise control. It's missing the grunt of my old Tiger, but makes up for it with more manageable and reassuring overall weight. It never fails to satisfy.

Yep, I'm a fan.

problemo

I dunno man, been looking, cant find a capo in any of the dealers so you might be the only owner then..

I dunno man, been looking, cant find a capo in any of the dealers so you might be the only owner then..

Corsa Meccanica has a new, old stock Capo
it's not a Rally though, it's a Travel Pack
very much the same bike but uber-ugly IMO

I've only ever seen one other Rally on the road
they do better in Quebec, no love for them in Ontario

Indeed, the V85 is really quite special. All day comfortable, near perfect ergos, versatile, stunning good looks. The same signature shaft drive and easy maintenance as all Guzzis. RBW throttle, riding modes, TFT dash, ABS and traction control, cruise control. It's missing the grunt of my old Tiger, but makes up for it with more manageable and reassuring overall weight. It never fails to satisfy.

Yep, I'm a fan.

BP

have a look at this really special mid-size if you're thinking some Italian magic
haven't ridden one yet, but from what I've read and watched the reviews
it sounds great, nothing else around really like it

of course you have to like the looks

Beq8WsK.jpg

of course you have to like the looks

Beq8WsK.jpg

The bike pictured is shown with an aftermarket CalSci windscreen, which is not the least bit pleasing to the eye. In fact, it's butt ugly and really spoils the look.

BP, go visit George at Corsa Meccanica. Maybe he'll have one to test ride.

The bike pictured is shown with an aftermarket CalSci windscreen, which is not the least bit pleasing to the eye. In fact, it's butt ugly and really spoils the look.

with the spoke arrangement, are they tubed tires, Jayell?
can't find the certain answer on that

with the spoke arrangement, are they tubed tires, Jayell?
can't find the certain answer on that
That info is clearly spelled out in the Guzzi specs, JF. They are tubed tires from the factory. Unbelievably, this has stopped a few folks from buying, but that's just silly. It's easy and inexpensive to seal the rims, as I have already done with mine.

IMG_20200325_201445900.jpegIMG_20200325_221409795.jpegIMG_20200328_134620522.jpeg

Italian brands :geek: they are made in Italy, just like Brembo brakes, Marrzocchi forks and MV Agusta (y)
If only they could put all those delicious parts together and make them work.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

On the Tuono?

I know for sure that Riders Plus wouldn't insure my Tuono recently, and there were others but the broker didn't list them all.

I ended up with Intact, though I signed up before I checked with TD, who would've been $200/yr cheaper...

lord I hate dealing with brokers and insurance people, they have the same lowly paid bureaucratic vibe that says 'why is this person bothering me by asking me to quote them 5 bikes even though its literally my job and all I have to do is click a few buttons?'

Or the smug lady who's absolutely certain that the monster 821 is an 'enduro' and they dont 'do enduros' then comes back 5 seconds later with a quote...so apparently they DO do 'enduros' ?

anyway, got some preliminary quotes, will do some test rides and decide if an extra 100$ a month is worth it or not

Back
Top Bottom