Will my broker hate me? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Will my broker hate me?

So to be clear, you're looking for a street-focused super naked? (Just not the KTM)

Assuming you've looked at and/or rejected the other street-focused models out there, including the Speed Triple RS, S1000R, and Kawi Z H2?

I'm deeply biased in favour of the Tuono, as I'm madly in love with mine. It's comfier on the road than people assume from sitting on one in the shop. On the move, it makes a lot of sense. Corsa Meccanica has a clean and stock 2017 RR for $11.5k.

Curious to see where you end up. Sounds like you want the Super Duke with different styling...

I dont really like labels, if its torquey/punchy, characterful and comfortable I will probably like it.
One of the bikes on the list is a multistrada, spoke to someone at GP bikes about trying it out...have yet to hear back from them(fingers crossed)

Not really a big fan of inline 4 engines...my fz6 is not my cup of tea...
A few years ago I also rode a z900 that everyone seems to rave about, but I didnt like it either...so that rules out the s1000r and Z h2

I dont know what to think of a V4 as i've never ridden one and the conversation with my broker left me a bit skittish after asking
them for a quote on the tuono(they said current company wont insure it, others will only insure it if its a "factory tuono")

If I get a chance to test ride a tuono at some point and really like it, I might get it

I still miss my Sv from years ago, just something about a sporty V twin that gets me off, the torque, the sound, the vibration, the character
this was reinforced after I rode the hyperstrada 821 recently (v twin)

The super duke sounds like the perfect bike for me, but for the love of god cant get past the orange and hideous front headlights
Also cant seem to be able to find that many super dukes out there...there are a lot more ducati's that I can get a good deal on

Never ridden the speed triple, but have heard from reliable sources that they are...very gentlemanly and not all that rowdy

Only reason Im considering the Mt 10 is because by all accounts its nothing like traditional inline 4's
they have some pizzazz and some grunt, easy to insure is a bonus too

"Sounds like you want the Super Duke with different styling..." That actually sums it up pretty well

I dont really like labels, if its torquey/punchy, characterful and comfortable I will probably like it.
One of the bikes on the list is a multistrada, spoke to someone at GP bikes about trying it out...have yet to hear back from them(fingers crossed)

Wow, that's a totally different bike from the nakeds you're looking at. Different seating position and ergos. Stonkin' engine though.

Wow, that's a totally different bike from the nakeds you're looking at. Different seating position and ergos. Stonkin' engine though.

the 950 is easy to insure...the 1260...not so much, yolo right?

if you love the V-twin, and there's much to love, the MTS is a fantastic bike

KTM 1290, or a 1090? same lovely engine performance, not sure it's as refined
have ridden the Duc, sported much wood, not the KTM yet

and you need to like the looks, getting your first Euro bike and spending that much
you need to love it, and to me? a KTM looks like it's missing the side mower

the MTS is pure sex on wheels, but the little one will always feel like a compromise

I'd at least throw a leg over the Triumph and take one for a rip, if you can. I looked closely at one when I was shopping last year, and it was top three, after the Tuono and KTM. The triple has a different vibe, no pun intended, and does split the character difference between a twin and four.

The Aprilia V4 does as well, with a bit of lumpiness down low, but smoothing out as the revs rise, especially past 7k. Definitely not the smoothness of an I4. The Ducati V4 sounds a lot more like a twin to me.

As for the Tuono insurance, I went through Mitchell & Whale because they could get me the replacement waiver for the value of a new bike rather than used. I think they had a couple choices, but I ended up going with Intact because of that waiver, and added more income replacement. As it turns out, TD could offer functionally similar coverage for a good bit less, but I'd already started with Intact, so am stuck until the spring at least.

Back
Top Bottom