Who's still riding? Fall & Winter 2022 (& 2023!) edition! | Page 23 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? Fall & Winter 2022 (& 2023!) edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a rental ... it does what it needs to for these couple of weeks. I'd rather have had the F900R, but no such thing available. And the XR is no GS. I actively disliked the GS. This one ... it'll do. I still won't buy one. Too high, too soft, too vague, just not as bad as the GS.

Most of out riding thus far has been on wet roads. Hopefully that changes tomorrow. Portugal has been great otherwise.
For what it’s worth the 1000XR is far different and certain doesn’t feel this way in Dynamic mode.

For what it’s worth the 1000XR is far different and certain doesn’t feel this way in Dynamic mode.
I suspect BMW built a highly specialized bike like the XR, because they already had a tremendous ADV bike in the GS (unlike everyone else who sort of had to play catchup, and build all rounders)

Found part of the issue. The 900XR has electronically adjustable suspension, which I didn't know, and it was set for 2 people + luggage! And the damping is independently set from traction control and was full soft. With that set for solo rider and dynamic mode, it's much better.

Found part of the issue. The 900XR has electronically adjustable suspension, which I didn't know, and it was set for 2 people + luggage! And the damping is independently set from traction control and was full soft. With that set for solo rider and dynamic mode, it's much better.
Depending on your weight you may want to try setting it for rider with luggage as that’s where mine had the sag in the right numbers and kept it properly on its nose. I’m 225lb before gear though.

I put the Guzzi V7iii into heated storage the first week of October.
I usually ride later than that but this year has been a bust with a lot of cancelled rides.
The stars did not align well (money, weather and time)
with the final insult of my landlord wanting to charge me to park the bike in the driveway.
Moved my stuff out of the shed at where I live and took down my ShelterLogic tent so the tiddlers got put in a self store.
Tomorrow I will start them up, add stabilizer and remove the batteries.
There is always next year!!!

Speaking of storage can any one explain why when you put 4 socks in the wash you only get 3 back
but if you put 3 boxes in storage a month later you have 4?

Speaking of storage can any one explain why when you put 4 socks in the wash you only get 3 back
but if you put 3 boxes in storage a month later you have 4?
That's because the sock gremlins steal a sock from every wash and place it in a box in the storage facility

Out today for maybe a last run, I’m sure there is one more? Ran into @Malks while stopped for this pic. What are the chances of seeing another ST1100 let alone a red one. It was great!

Attachments

• IMG_4196.jpeg
    IMG_4196.jpeg
    500.2 KB · Views: 24
Out today for maybe a last run, I’m sure there is one more? Ran into @Malks while stopped for this pic. What are the chances of seeing another ST1100 let alone a red one. It was great!
I've rarely see another red ST1100 while out riding, likely because it's over 20 years old. It was great to ride together along Hockley Road and CR 1 over to Tottenham Road. BTW, I picked up the N, O and P for the Tag Game over on that other Forum.

Here's my route and a photo at the N that I posted:
IMG_1514.jpgIMG_1519.jpg

I've rarely see another red ST1100 while out riding, likely because it's over 20 years old. It was great to ride together along Hockley Road and CR 1 over to Tottenham Road. BTW, I picked up the N, O and P for the Tag Game over on that other Forum.

Here's my route and a photo at the N that I posted:
View attachment 64183View attachment 64184
You had a nice long ride! I was only out for 2 hours. I knew better than try to get the next letter for the tag game against you Pros. Next ride before season end I have to try your alternate route to River Road as in the above map.
Great seeing you!

Interested in how you play this tag game on your other forum?
Sorry, I used the wrong name for the game, it's actually the "A to Z" game, but there's also a Tag game where you take photos of landmarks with the bike in the shot, which I think GTA also does. With the Tag game you need to post a photo of the old location and a new location to move the Tag along.

Here are the rules for the "A to Z" game:
Screen Shot 2023-11-07 at 7.21.36 AM.png
Since this is a site based in the US they have games for each and every State, but there's also games for each Province.

You had a nice long ride! I was only out for 2 hours. I knew better than try to get the next letter for the tag game against you Pros. Next ride before season end I have to try your alternate route to River Road as in the above map.
Great seeing you!
That route includes some of my favourite roads. If you've never ridden River Road you will like it. Just be aware that the speed limits have been reduced to 60 and 50 kph along most of it and during the summer months it is heavily patrolled on the weekends. My favourite route is below. I go counter-clockwise around the lower loop and clockwise around the upper loop.

IMG_1463.jpg

That route includes some of my favourite roads. If you've never ridden River Road you will like it. Just be aware that the speed limits have been reduced to 60 and 50 kph along most of it and during the summer months it is heavily patrolled on the weekends. My favourite route is below. I go counter-clockwise around the lower loop and clockwise around the upper loop.

View attachment 64218
That is a great loop. I've ridden the River Road, but thanks to you I have a better way to get there than Airport Road. I usually go early, I've yet to see patrol there (I know jinx). It is one road I do not like riding from West to East (but do it to keep humble), unlike Hockley Valley which is fun. both ways.
You and shanekingsley post the best maps!

View attachment 64218
Hmm thanks for sharing this. I didn't realize how close Orangeville was to Creemore and Angus. I've always got to there from going north before OV (come from more East). Might have to explore more around there now.

I am , not in Ontario though , does that still count? Daily low 25 high 32-34 but it rains occasionally now for a couple more weeks then 6 months of no rain and very hot; You guess where and win a prize...

BB

Image.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom