Who's still riding? Fall & Winter 2022 (& 2023!) edition! | Page 22 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? Fall & Winter 2022 (& 2023!) edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
*coughs in Ducati
January rides are some of the best you can have, for different reasons than summer riding. Whole new perspective on the sport.

Gear is everything. Maybe winter phototag will be more than just me and @Jayell this year.
@anterabae has run a few colder tags as well.
1698537854407.png

No, not at all. Both bikes run fine in the cold, never any fuss.
Ok great. Which gen is your V7? I bought a bit of a basket case V7 I (2013) I've been totally going over... found rust in the tank, fuel pump on the verge of collapse, fuel filter not looking so great, all parts replaced, but now I'm doing more work on the tank so I haven't had a chance to see if that's why the bike always needed a long time to warm up or not...

Ok great. Which gen is your V7? I bought a bit of a basket case V7 I (2013) I've been totally going over... found rust in the tank, fuel pump on the verge of collapse, fuel filter not looking so great, all parts replaced, but now I'm doing more work on the tank so I haven't had a chance to see if that's why the bike always needed a long time to warm up or not...

I'm not particularly familiar with the V7. My bike is a V85TT. 850cc so called "small block", but that's where the similarities to the V7s end.

Good luck.

whoa whoa whoa, brian, on an ADV bike?!
It's a rental ... it does what it needs to for these couple of weeks. I'd rather have had the F900R, but no such thing available. And the XR is no GS. I actively disliked the GS. This one ... it'll do. I still won't buy one. Too high, too soft, too vague, just not as bad as the GS.

Most of out riding thus far has been on wet roads. Hopefully that changes tomorrow. Portugal has been great otherwise.

It's a '76 Olds NinetyEight Regency. Same squishy ride. Same isolated steering with no traction feedback. It even has cruise control. It seems to have decent grip in the wet, but I've got no idea what's going on down there because of how much fluffiness is between the tire contact patch and my hands.

Calling an XR an ADV bike is playing pretty fast and loose with the term...

But hey, it's 2023. Any motorcycle can identify as whatever it likes.
It’s a transbike
(Please don’t ban me wingboy)

I got back from the 20+ degree riding weather just in time for the snow.

Was planning on putting the snow tyres on the cars after the next week or two, but with the sudden cold snap it's below 7 degrees now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom