Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2020 Edition) | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2020 Edition)

I rode from Mississauga to Oshawa to drop my Monster off at Ken's Motorworks this morning.
I learned that my gear is not good for 0 degrees. I was half frozen when I got there and I could not feel my hands.

Looking into heated gloves....... those Five ones are expensive.

I rode from Mississauga to Oshawa to drop my Monster off at Ken's Motorworks this morning.
I learned that my gear is not good for 0 degrees. I was half frozen when I got there and I could not feel my hands.

Looking into heated gloves....... those Five ones are expensive.
picked up a pair of these last month.

i had some alpinestars from a year ago which aren't too bad but i found them too thick. these are decently thin enough for me to be happy with throttle feedback.

I see they also make some heated glvoes

saw bunch of heated hoodies, jackets by Milwaukee at HomeDepot. Kinda of pricey. FYI the gear I saw didn't include the charger!

Rode to work this morning 7:30, bit chilly.. Saw another biker westbound 16th Avenue and Leslie. Was still dark out, think it was a Ducati supersport. Finger tips got cold with heated grips and handguards. Short commute to work though.. Can't justify heated gloves yet..

@justride ive seen those, heard the battery is bulky af though.. A coworker of mine got the ororo? Brand from Amazon, not bad. I just run a fleece line softshell and my winter down jacket.. Squid ish ya.. Does the job though

Rode to work this morning 7:30, bit chilly.. Saw another biker westbound 16th Avenue and Leslie. Was still dark out, think it was a Ducati supersport. Finger tips got cold with heated grips and handguards. Short commute to work though.. Can't justify heated gloves yet..

@justride ive seen those, heard the battery is bulky af though.. A coworker of mine got the ororo? Brand from Amazon, not bad. I just run a fleece line softshell and my winter down jacket.. Squid ish ya.. Does the job though
lol, saw a guy on an R6 on the 404 the other day with a Goose Bomber on, i just shook my head.

I am eyeing the double digit temperatures coming up at the second half of next week. Might do hwy118 cost to cost hwy 28 (North of Peterbourgh to Bala. Just sticking to the main roads.

It was great riding today :cool:

and I did crash pretty good once,
backwards. don't you hate crashing backwards! ?

Gonna put the CBF1000 to bed this week with the tender and some stabilizer. What are people using for gas stabilizer?

CB500x will be available all winter tho the rear tire wear will mean careful riding on any cold/wet roads. Sunny and cold is okay tho. - Looking forward to later this week...Wednesday on are all excellent for the time of year for 7 days of double digit - mid teens

1604256350480.png

This is the kind of weather I'd expect from a La Nina year warmer and wetter - just dodge the occasional Arctic Dipole blast

All bikes put to sleep this weekend - except for the Vstrom which alway stays ready.

I the tanks with non Ethanol fuel and add stabil brand. Worked perfectly for as long as I can remember.

I leave batteries in, no tenders. Once a month I’ll start each bike and run it till it reaches operating temp. Done this forever, my FJR battery is on year 8, Vstrom still on OE after 4 winters.

Gonna ride till the snow comes down! I invested in thermal gear this year, wanted to get heated gloves but dropping $350 for an extra month of riding didn't seem worth it so I just went with the klim glove liner

This is not an advertisement! just trying to corrupt you, studs of any kind are a blast

Gonna ride till the snow comes down! I invested in thermal gear this year, wanted to get heated gloves but dropping $350 for an extra month of riding didn't seem worth it so I just went with the klim glove liner
snow was here this morning? ?

saw bunch of heated hoodies, jackets by Milwaukee at HomeDepot. Kinda of pricey. FYI the gear I saw didn't include the charger!

@justride ive seen those, heard the battery is bulky af though.. A coworker of mine got the ororo? Brand from Amazon, not bad. I just run a fleece line softshell and my winter down jacket.. Squid ish ya.. Do
I wouldnt want to ride with a milwaukee battery pressed against my kidney. They do sell a 12V cable so you can plug their heated gear into a lighter socket though. I would probably go with that if I wanted to use their stuff on a bike. Heated panels are quite small though (just the top of chest and back), I would much rather use a heated vest full of panels and use a proper insulated mid layer if required.

It works the opposite with studded tires, you need to seek out the ice and stay away from the bald rock,
studs are Terrible on smooth rock. Great on trees, studs devour dead trees like a chainsaw, total traction,
it's very hard to make your frozen brain adapt to that situation :|

I wouldnt want to ride with a milwaukee battery pressed against my kidney. They do sell a 12V cable so you can plug their heated gear into a lighter socket though. I would probably go with that if I wanted to use their stuff on a bike. Heated panels are quite small though (just the top of chest and back), I would much rather use a heated vest full of panels and use a proper insulated mid layer if required.
I have the vest and hoodie and have heard about an adapter cable. Where do you suppose I could buy one?

I have the vest and hoodie and have heard about an adapter cable. Where do you suppose I could buy one?
Seems to be put of stock almost everywhere but the price was crazy for what it was (~$50). It would be nice to measure one to confirm but it appears to be a 12v lighter plug hardwired to a female barrel plug.

I never realized my FIRed Up heated vest's batteries are 11.1v until someone mentioned they also offer a 12v cigarette lighter adapter (also for about $50). My sockets are Powerlet, so for that price, my next project is to make my own cable with coax on one end to connect to the vest, and either a powerlet end or directly wired to the battery.

Back
Top Bottom