Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2020 Edition) | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2020 Edition)

Yeah, I should have done that. But in typical me fashion I was in a rush, the plug nor tire were cooperating, and strings of expletives were forming in my mind.

I'll assess how much tread is left on the tire come spring and decide if I'll just eat it and put a new one on, or if it's worth dumping a can of leak-sealer in to get some more miles out of it before replacing it - that should get it to hold air despite the wonky plug.

Yeah, I should have done that. But in typical me fashion I was in a rush, the plug nor tire were cooperating, and strings of expletives were forming in my mind.

I'll assess how much tread is left on the tire come spring and decide if I'll just eat it and put a new one on, or if it's worth dumping a can of leak-sealer in to get some more miles out of it before replacing it - that should get it to hold air despite the wonky plug.
I couldn't do that, if it wasn't holding i'd just ponder dealing with the fallout in the middle of a ride.

end of season? replace tire and gain peace of mind. plus..new rubber, who doesn't love new rubber?!

Green Slime and ride it, at least you will see where it is leaking. Doesn't everybody keep a jug of that on the garage shelf? :LOL:

Green Slime and ride it, at least you will see where it is leaking. Doesn't everybody keep a jug of that on the garage shelf? :LOL:

Yep, it goes with me on every long ride.

@Evoex yeah that's in the back of my head. I would definitely replace it before any seriously long trip as the last thing I want to deal with is a flat 12 hours into a 2-3 day trip. That said, how many of those sorts of trips are likely next year I guess will depend a lot on what happens with Covid and the border.

I think the tire realistically has 5000-7500km left in it tops so if I lose that by swapping early, well, not the end of the world.

But given how much of an epic PITA the rear tire is to change on this thing, well....kinda irks me given I just changed it this June. Although I put a ton of miles on it since then.

'Tis what it is, I guess.

No. It makes a mess. If I get to the point where slime is my only option, I replace the tire.

Showed Wojo the new hard enduro trail this morning
? sure didn't have to wait for him very much, holy he's fast.

Another perfect riding day :cool:

It was cold and windy north of me. Did a loop on the 2-stroke including Forks of the Credit and Hockley Rd. A cold ride is better than no ride .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was cold and windy north of me. Did a loop on the 2-stroke including Forks of the Credit and Hockley Rd. A cold ride is better than no ride .

Cold is fun. My old 450 used to be able to do power wheelies below zero. In the summer, not a chance in hell.

I ran out easy to Sharbot Lake and back on Remembrance day (11th). Took the Flinton road to Cloyne, then over to Ardock, back to the 509 then on to Sharbot lake. Looped back on Fifth lake rd. Roads were nice, a little damp in the morning, really nice from noon on. Might have been the nicest November day ride I can remember.

Still working out the gear.....

I picked up a pair of Five WFX3 gloves, huge improvement. If I had heated grips they would be fine on the highway. Without, 80-90 kms is still warm enough for me.

My jacket has an exposed zipper that let the wind through. I guess that's the next purchase.......

Still working out the gear.....

I picked up a pair of Five WFX3 gloves, huge improvement. If I had heated grips they would be fine on the highway. Without, 80-90 kms is still warm enough for me.

My jacket has an exposed zipper that let the wind through. I guess that's the next purchase.......

I wear a winter coat that goes over my summer textile jacket. Also a balaclava and a neck warmer/gaitor.

Long-johns under a pair of lined jeans plus a pair of rain pants.

Gloves go from summer gloves to black thinsulate work gloves and then to winter ski gloves.

None of my cold weather gear is motorcycle-specific. I get more use out of it that way.

Took the XR in today for service appointment on Monday

• Front caliper recall
  • Oil change
  • Fix broken left brake light/turn signal (no warranty, self inflicted wound)
I may get a few days commute per week but i expect the end is near.

End to another perfect riding day :cool:
so cool when 6 riders come out to play for the day, weekends really should be 4 days long.

My new bike doesn't have heated grips. Yet. I saw Oxford has a cheaper version out that just has high and low. Seems like that's all I've used on the one I have

Sent from my Redmi 7A using Tapatalk

I should have went out riding today...but had a bunch of crap I had to get done around the house, including installing my new GeekLights9000 Christmas Lights setup.

Priorities were clearly in the wrong place.
Did you have those under your bike this summer?

Amazon. I spent far too long investigating things to find the perfect combination that wasn't going to cost $500. Still ended up costing $220 LOL.

3 strings of 2812B fully addressable LED strips and all the support gear. I went with a 108 controller that had a lot of "prefab" show options through the accompanying app, but they can also be controlled via a Rasberry Pi - I have one that I'm poking at/programming to get some more customizations, but honestly, after having played with the 108 controller now for an hour or so last night flipping through all the different light combinations I'm not sure I'll worry about the Pi.

The fully addressable thing means that each and every LED along the entire strip is fully addressable, IE, each independent LED can be an independent colour along the entire strip based on what the controller tells it to be. It allows for some pretty cool stuff to be done. Here's another configuration.

I'll take another video flipping through a bunch of random show configurations once I get things tidied up a little more with the setup. Just got up the hardest strings yesterday in the peak of the roof above the garage as shown in the video - ugh, I hate heights. I can fly an airplane any day of the week with the door open and that doesn't bother me at all...but put me on a ladder 15 feet in the air and I turn into Jello. Worse yet was I had to go along the soffits and spray them down with cleaner and then wipe them all down to ensure the adhesive on the strips would actually stick, so I had to do it all twice LOL.

image_2020-11-15_092519.png

Back
Top Bottom