Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition) | Page 21 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition)

Brrrr!

The last real ride last year was at Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit. Since then, there have been a few short hops to the Forks but none in the last few weeks. Maybe that might happen again in February or March but ... it's quite possible that the first real ride this year will be after picking up a rental at IMTbike in Malaga, Spain in late March. Semi-retirement is awesome.

Went for a quick ride Markham to Stouffville and back - chilly. Ticks off January for me.

Really was thinking to drag the bike out as that sun was amazing. Feels like it hasn't been out for awhile (the sun).

Nice ride in this morning! Heading home last night and heading in the morning is was cold enough that the bike temperature display said "lo" in the half of the ride near Port Perry. So it flips to "lo" when it gets below -10, and seeing that the display is 2°c optimistic, that would mean -13 or colder.

I certainly preferred the weather in Arizona last week but any riding is good riding!

..Tom

Some crazy on a bike going west on the 401 near Port Hope yesterday evening. Newer ADV bike judging by the lights (I was going the opposite way). Car display said -7c......

Saw some young-ish dude all armored up riding a naked Ducati around 10ish am this morning - Islington and Bergamot...dude - it was 0C!!

Looking like a early spring. :)(y) According to most of the Groundhogs, except that one in Nova Scotia.

I'm genuinely curious on as to what the historical accuracy has been, so far..!

I think I read a few days ago that it was 31%.

So yeah, you have a better chance of predicting it yourself just going out in your driveway and flipping a coin.

greg_perry_groundhog_day.jpg

•••••••
Geez pretty good out just now to try the eBike. 3 and sunny this afternoon
Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at Feb, 3    2020    9.25.59 AM.jpg

Last edited:
Macdoc,

I am sure you will enjoy the Rad mini. We got two last spring and put 1000 + kms on them. If you have any questions re mods, upgrades or improvements please let me know..l assume you already know how to bump up tgs top speed?

Phil
Wiarton

Thanks - good to know. Not sure about the top speed trick. Email me. I really like how the seat post and the handlebars are height adjustable easily.
What do you usually wear ??...can't see full mcycle gear but want something more than street clothes.

I'm off on Mondays. Went for a little ride: Sutton, Fenelon Falls, Bobcaygeon, Bewdley. 325 km

Roads were mainly nice and dry. Temps were 0 to +4. Cooler than Arizona. Nice to be out!

..Tom

I didn't see anyone out today, but a few times when the sun was out and the wind was down, I was thinking it would have been nice.

Roads pretty sloppy still though. Just washed my VTX to get her all spiffed up for prospective buyers - riding in the slop isn't on my acceptable list of things to do right now.

@mistersouthpaw and I went for a quick mid-day jaunt yesterday, was fine around town and for 5 minutes' worth of highway.

I got to try my first modern 600 (his 2016 ZX6R) - man, I can't imagine ever wanting the extra torque and ~70 ponies one gets from a liter bike. Roll-on power is plenty sufficient even starting at 100km/h in 6th.

Hate the riding position, love the engine.

G0hNKTH.jpg

Back
Top Bottom