Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition) | Page 23 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition)

Totally agree on being more careful during the winter. Bad enough with the temperature aspect, bike and body wise, but yes drivers don't expect us. Personally I tend to just ride to work and back (15km? One way) and on the days off maybe 30 45 mins joy ride. Sit in the slow lane and just ride. So to those out there doing the big km's.. Please be safe!

Private account (can't open it) but I assume that's the pic of someone doing a wheelie on highway 7 which has been making the rounds today.

I got the facebookers riled up by pointing out that it appeared that the rider was very much in control of his vehicle, there was good visibility, and there was no traffic beside him or ahead of him for quite a ways. I didn't bother pointing out that the bike didn't appear to have a license plate ... which, for that rider in those particular circumstances, is probably intentional.

Private account (can't open it) but I assume that's the pic of someone doing a wheelie on highway 7 which has been making the rounds today.

I got the facebookers riled up by pointing out that it appeared that the rider was very much in control of his vehicle, there was good visibility, and there was no traffic beside him or ahead of him for quite a ways. I didn't bother pointing out that the bike didn't appear to have a license plate ... which, for that rider in those particular circumstances, is probably intentional.

I will not pretend that I know anything about wheelies or stunting ... but I also saw the video on TV and I would say that there was 2 times in the video that I would say he was close to loosing it.
particularly towards the end of it.

Article.

wait so... the 14 year old took somebody else's bike and got hit by a car, which then fled the scene?
They are looking for a "four-door sedan that would have extensive front-end damage"
... guess they never seen a car that ran into the rear tire of a moving motorcycle before :|

A nice ride in to work this morning! A balmy -15 when I left home in Port Perry and all the way up to -8 when I got to work in Vaughn.

..Tom

Sounds like you're having a blast @V-Tom ! I'm saving my energy for the wknd!

I love riding!

No need to save energy for the weekend! I have about 2,300 km of riding in 2020 so far (not including the week in Arizona this January where I rented a bike for 5 days and rode 1,900 km.)

..Tom

Tried for fun but the bike tires felt ?? like a car on summer tires in snow ?? Do the experienced folk here switch the motorcycle tires to winter tires ?

Tried for fun but the bike tires felt ?? like a car on summer tires in snow ?? Do the experienced folk here switch the motorcycle tires to winter tires ?
Can you fit radial ply tires? just like with a car they work better.

Checked the pressures on my bike this afternoon, front was 19 psi, rear was 28.

I take all my corners like a turtle, and don't touch my psi levels during winter. Feels fine. Also just came back from a ride Stouffville area, saw a few ??️? folks ?

I did a short ride yesterday after coming home from the bike show (and saw no one around here, although a few rode to the bike show). And I went out again today, and this time saw a few others out as well.

Back
Top Bottom