Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition) | Page 19 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition)

Got out for about an hour and a half. Rode around the Bath Ont area and went into Napanee for some nice fresh fuel.
LOTS of sand especially at intersections and still some ice and snow where the road is sheltered.
Was going to do a north and south shore Hay Bay tour but my old wrists were starting to complain. Haven't ridden since November.
Very comfortable riding, no wind makes a big difference.

I have ridden every day this year so far. (Jan 1,2 and 3.).

Looks like snow on Saturday the 4th so the streak will likely end.

..Tom

Put another couple hundred screws in my tyres last night,
:devilish: need some more freezing rain.

What do you think, 2nd gear or 3rd? :LOL:
seethatrock.jpg

I tested the lake :| seems to hold me ymmv.
1stlakeride.jpg

Studs are wicked fun.

I wonder if :unsure: am I required to carry a rope a bailing bucket whistle etc on the lake?

What do you think, 2nd gear or 3rd? :LOL:

I tested the lake :| seems to hold me ymmv.

Studs are wicked fun.

I wonder if :unsure: am I required to carry a rope a bailing bucket whistle etc on the lake?
Just curious does your bike have a seat? Maybe a full shot would be helpful?

Stand there as long as I need to :) on the pegs
... is an exercise machine.

Actually right now it would be very dangerous to put a foot down,
my boots don't have studs and the moment you take the weight off the tyres bad things would happen real fast :|

Took the bike to work on Tues the 7th and went for an hr ride today to satisfy my itch. Only my hands got cold about 40mins in, using some leather amazon gloves. Was quite pleasant cruising around ?

There have been so many nice days that started with ice and snow on the roads in Port Perry so I ahven;'t ridden since Jan 3rd. Maybe tomorrow?

..Tom

I did get out finally at long last a week or so back. Felt great. Discovered that despite my bike having been plugged into my tender however that the battery was flat dead. Apparently I need a new battery in the spring. It's been dying for a while, it's not a total surprise.

Hmm I dunno the forecast around here is calling for mostly rain tomorrow. I was hoping to go out for a spin since the temps are going up.
We'll see what actually happens.

Would't set your heart on it - the big winter storm that is scheduled to hit full force Saturday is poking it's leading edge up here tomorrow so it'll probably be drizzly all day.

The weekend is out for sure. 50-100mm (!!) of rain forecasted Saturday with what looks to be an increasing chance of a major ice storm when temps crash through the evening Saturday. Could be an interesting weekend.

Very warm, very wet. :( Might be a good day to park the bike outside for the next few hours for a nice fresh water rinse for those still riding.....thought about it.

Last edited:
Forecast says no precipitation. On my way to work saw some light flurry and freezing rain. Hope it doesn't last or stick, otherwise I'll be leaving the bike at work and busing my ass home ?

Better get a better weather app. All the ones I use showed precip and less than ideal conditions today.

Back
Top Bottom