Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition) | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition)

Went for a ride in Alliston area this afternoon. Was cold and some freezing rain and some fun wheel spin, fueled up and put to sleep in the garage for the season.

Just came back from 2 hr ride.

It was cold but it was tolerable. Merino wool baselayer, heated vest, then light down under textile jacket.

Crappy Oxford bone dry gloves and Max heated grip.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Put some stabilizer in the bike and then went for a ride to fill it with Super.
I'll see if there are some better days this week.

If it makes people feel better ...it's 0C in Wytheville VA
Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at Nov, 3    2019    9.26.38 PM.jpg
We are on the way to NASA by cage ....chilly day the whole 1,000 km day.

First time I've used assisted driving ( holds the lane and smart cruise ...other features )
It could drive hands free on the slab easily but won'y let you remove your hands for more than 10 second

Best Novemberide ever. I just finished a track day at Phillip Island on a rental BMW S1000RR. I'm not about to challenge Jonathan Rea's job, but did okay. One more day on it tomorrow (and the weather is supposed to be better - I didn't do the last session because it had started raining)

Was scared of commuting this morning, but did it anyways. I'm glad i did cause it was quite nice actually! Rain had just stopped and the weather was warmer than expected. Only a tailwind so it didn't make me any colder

Looks like the first traces of the white crap are due to arrive in the next 72 hours. Brine going down in some areas already.

Man, I'm sure glad I did that trip down to the Tail and such 2 weeks ago and not a day later - it's been almost exclusively positively dismal since. Bike hasn't left the garage since returning - gotta get it out and fill it up and stabilize things on both bikes yet however. I should probably do that tomorrow morning.

Did a bit of a scoot today, while the sun was out. Dodged a dark cloud up near Stouville and Uxbridge. Wind didn't help either, but was nice to be out in November. Looks like the season might end earlier then previous. I was able to ride up until early Dec last couple of years. Maybe not this time around. Seems too short this year, I guess because it also started late. I thought global warming was helping us out! ?‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:

Rode to work today, nice and warm. But then again I'm only about a 20ish min ride. I'll take any riding over no riding ☺️

I try to ride as many days that are dry, including today. Fortunately/unfortunately work is only 30 mins from home and it's all stop and go riding on vic park.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I was out running an errand at lunch today, and as I was waiting at a light to turn left, I guess another rider was excited to see another bike on the road. He gave me a few honks and waved as he rode past. Gotta love the enthusiasm!

Unrelated, when I was gearing up again a guy came over to chat bikes - turned out he owns a 1957 East German MZ which still runs. Bloody hell I'd love to see that thing!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Started to prep my vfr for storage this morning but the sun peeked out so I decided to squeeze one last ride in. She's safely tucked away for the winter now and that's it for me this season.

For those of you whose bikes become a pile of rust at the first sign of salt your season is probably over.

Mot of my ride home from Vaughn to Port Perry had been brined: Keele from King to 15th sideroad, all of 15th (Bloomington) to Goodwood, and Goodwood into Port Perry. I suspect most major roads have been brined.

That means riding in to work tomorrow might be okay and odds are the bit of snow we get Weds night/ Thurs morning won't do anything on the roads but melt (unless we get a bigger dump of snow than predicted. )

..Tom

Best Novemberide ever. I just finished a track day at Phillip Island on a rental BMW S1000RR. I'm not about to challenge Jonathan Rea's job, but did okay. One more day on it tomorrow (and the weather is supposed to be better - I didn't do the last session because it had started raining)

Yesterday afternoon I clicked down into 4th and flicked the bike left, knee puck skimming the tarmac over Lukey Heights, then hit the brakes and dropped two gears into MG for the last time, signalled that I was exiting the track and cruised down pit lane, got off the bike and handed the key back to the rental agency.

Judging by the forecast back home, that is probably it for this year. Can't imagine a better way to end this season. I'm in Melbourne now, flying home tomorrow.

Been following your trip on the book of faces BP, looked amazing. What's next year's plan??

I noticed brine has been sprayed across Markham. My bike developed a lot of surface corrosion (DL650AX) last season, mostly on the plated brake line fittings, spokes, and nut/bolt fasteners. I want to protect cables, pivots, and the plated fittings this year, gonna try CRC Marine Corrosion spray, it works fantastic as a corrosion inhibitor on my boats. Any other ideas?

I noticed brine has been sprayed across Markham. My bike developed a lot of surface corrosion (DL650AX) last season, mostly on the plated brake line fittings, spokes, and nut/bolt fasteners. I want to protect cables, pivots, and the plated fittings this year, gonna try CRC Marine Corrosion spray, it works fantastic as a corrosion inhibitor on my boats. Any other ideas?

I have a heated area to keep my bike in this year so going to see how many days in each month I can get out. I hadn't really considered the corrosion problem until you mention it, so thanks for the heads up. I was planning on lots of washing and wiping though. The CRC spray looks like a quality product , where do you source it?

Back
Top Bottom