Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition) | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition)

Rode to work this morning @ 6am via Don Valley to downtown core, could've easily been the biggest mistake I made in my life LOL

Man worse than riding in the rain, the inside of my visor gets foggy, my glasses are foggy and the little droplets are misting everything, at least in the rain everything beads off....how do people ride in dense fog? cuz maybe they don't?!
Today was horrible -- I left at 7AM, visibility was less than 300' the entire way to work.

I keep a shamwow type towel tucked into my collar when it's really foggy. I leave my visor up as there is no way to stop visor fogging when there is a heavy surface fog. I use the shamwow to wipe fog from my glasses.

Other things I do in the fog:
1) Travel behind a large vehicle - bus, transport, pickup.
2) Double cautious at intersections or any point where a car might enter the road
3) Avoid the curb lane on a busy multi-lane road.
4) Use your brake lights signal whenever slowing or stopped

Rode to work this morning @ 6am via Don Valley to downtown core, could've easily been the biggest mistake I made in my life LOL

Man worse than riding in the rain, the inside of my visor gets foggy, my glasses are foggy and the little droplets are misting everything, at least in the rain everything beads off....how do people ride in dense fog? cuz maybe they don't?!

I keep my visor waxed and use the pinlock setup that Shoei provides.
My only real issue was the breath fog internally and light mist buildup externally when stopped at the lights.

it was a fun "challenge", had to keep the visor up as my visor is smoked and i wanted to avoid the double misting

I bailed today ....yesterday was so nice and today is grey tho warm plus jammed with work.
I almost bailed as well when I saw the fog outside, but it cleared up and some sun came out, but ya pretty grey.
I tooled around Hockley valley. A few other riders were out which was nice to see.

couldn't help myself. just did a little highway run this afternoon. 401 to 427 to QEW
. Beautiful out but did see dark clouds approaching.

Rode to work and back today . There was lots of fog in Milton . Probably my last day .

Rode down the coastal highway from Sydney NSW to Batemans Bay with a trip inland through the Macquarie Pass.

Okay, so perhaps that's cheating.
Ha! Had you gone north you'd be heading by my hometown. Was just there a few weeks ago too, alas with no wheels. Was very jealous watching all the riders starting their season.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Got a 3 hour ride in today, was a bit chilly but bearable with layers.

Pretty sure that will be the last ride of the season, but that's what I said last time lol.

Got a 3 hour ride in today, was a bit chilly but bearable with layers.

Pretty sure that will be the last ride of the season, but that's what I said last time lol.

Sat..

Drive home for me was fine but it was still so dark and cloudy -_-

My daily riding commute to work every day is 55km each way along the 401. I love riding in the fog. Blasted my tunes and enjoy. Arrived at work feeling refreshed and ready to start the day!

Love me my heated gear too - will keep me toasty very late in the season.

Just installed an Elka shock on the bike and it just glides now. Commuting just got a whole lot better!

Heated gear is key. Heck, just plain proper gear is key. Had a co worker complain about having to put his bike away for the season already because he's cold, but this is the same guy who never wants to wear anything more than a sweater at most while riding.

This all still seems like decent riding weather to me. I have about 3,000 km more riding to match last year's 50,000 km and unless we get a lot of snow and ice it looks pretty good to do it again.

..Tom

We had a group ride in Milton on Monday. Seven riders on a ~1 hour loop through some very entertaining roads. We might not get above 10 degrees for the rest of the year, which basically means I won't be sweaty. Great weather!

Looking forward to the weather clearing up this Friday!

Supposed to be extremely windy though. Add in wind blown soggy leaves everywhere and it’s probably not a good recipe.

Back
Top Bottom