Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition) | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall & Winter 2019 Edition)

Last edited:
I love riding at this time of year. The scenery and colour is beautiful. I especially like stumbling across some unknown back road so tight that the trees lining the road create a completely enclosed canopy of colour. Maybe I'm weird, but even the smell of the leaves in the fall is refreshing. And the cool temps make my SV feel like it has 10 extra HP.

Had a nice 4-bike impromptu meet while on my commute, a guy that parks same place as me and 2 splitters that kinda passed us getting on the gardiner. Almost had a 5th one too that was already on the highway

Nice to see there are still enough bikers riding at this time of the year to have this kind of stuff happen

I love riding at this time of year. The scenery and colour is beautiful. I especially like stumbling across some unknown back road so tight that the trees lining the road create a completely enclosed canopy of colour. Maybe I'm weird, but even the smell of the leaves in the fall is refreshing. And the cool temps make my SV feel like it has 10 extra HP.

Same here. With a couple of sweaters on underneath, this is way more comfortable temperature as well.

rode to work twice last week - an electric vest shines this time of year

Why is it always cold/rainy on weekends and nice when I have to work? :(
I know how you feel, I was thinking it can't just be my luck.

Sunday was nice, had the kids, couldn't ride yesterday.

Work until 9pm tonight, will be dark and cold and riding through Brampton road construction in those conditions not going to risk it, wouldn't ride today.

But tomorrow I'm off, and it looks nice so I might take the cover off and head out for one last run.

Just back from 4 days / 3100KM motocamping in the south with @regder - Checked off a few boxes on this years bucket list:

- Tail of the dragon
- Shiners 28
- Cherohala Skyway
- Back of the dragon.

Got some of the Blue Ridge in as well.

I'm just back from the same area. Cheated a bit in that bikes were trailered down to Maggie Valley, NC and we then spent about 3.5 days riding 1,600 km on some of the nicest roads I've ever been on. First time I've trailered vs. rode but given time of the year, the heavy rain we experienced both ways and the length of the drive down I'm glad we opted for this.

30CD2A43-B116-4590-A9B1-86CC8BBB542C.jpeg
Awesome weather for a ride today. Just back from a 6 week vacation so great opportunity for a ride.

Ride down to the Escarpment and had a brief stop at the Steeltown Garage coffee shop in Hamilton but they were closed . Will have to visit again.

Rode along and up and down the escarpment to Jordan and then out to Effingham and then back along the dreaded QEQ to return to Toronto. Now the bike has a fresh tank of gas.

Started at 7C and got as high as 18C this afternoon.

. 31A85F53-85FA-4F93-8DA4-112ED7E670DF.jpeg9A65F262-9B06-47E9-9BF1-40A9F144A854.jpeg0304DC3B-3385-4919-ADCB-8B530E71EDAB.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice out, just got back in. Knocked off a photo tag, then wandered around, ended up in Keswick, then over across to Lindsay. Heading back west was a challenge with that low sun between 5 - 6. I managed by zig zagging south, then west. Tomorrow should be nice as well! (y)

Looks like the last ride for the year tomorrow . Enjoy .

I've been off the bikes for 3 weeks due to carpal tunnel release surgery. Put new fork seals in the husky as they were leaking. Still can't quite handle the clutch on the street bike so I'm taking a dualsport ride tomorrow as the husky has a rekluse!

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

I'm just going to keep riding every day unless there is ice and snow on the road (or risk of...)

..Tom

Rode down the coastal highway from Sydney NSW to Batemans Bay with a trip inland through the Macquarie Pass.

Okay, so perhaps that's cheating.

Rode to work this morning @ 6am via Don Valley to downtown core, could've easily been the biggest mistake I made in my life LOL

Man worse than riding in the rain, the inside of my visor gets foggy, my glasses are foggy and the little droplets are misting everything, at least in the rain everything beads off....how do people ride in dense fog? cuz maybe they don't?!

Yep, the ride this morning sucked. Gave up on wiping the visor and rode with it up......tons of fun.

This afternoon should be really nice though!

Back
Top Bottom