Who is heading across the border ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who is heading across the border ?

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Just waiting until Canada drops the Covid test requirements for fully vaccinated travellers. Hopefully JT will follow the US lead and that will happen by early next year. If that happens and the US allows mixed dose vaccinations, I'm going skiing in NY. My wife is hoping it happens because she will need to get away to somewhere warmer before winter comes to an end. Neither one of us are eager to board a plane at this point, so it has to be a road trip.

BTW, the test doesn't stop Covid from coming to Canada. A couple of weeks ago we attended our grandson's Baptism. Also in attendance were the sister and brother-in-law of the other grandparents, who came in from Michigan. Both of them are fully vaccinated and presented a valid negative Covid test before entering Canada. They were here for several days and stayed in the home of the other grandparents. Upon returning to the US they were told by their son that he had been exposed to Covid and this happened before they left for Canada. He received a positive test on the day of their return. They both went for tests, and both tested positive. Needless to say, everyone who attended the outdoor reception had to get a test. Fortunately everyone who was present, except our grandson and two underage cousins, had been fully vaccinated. Only 2 of the 20 or so people there had a positive result and one of them was an 11 year old who could not be vaccinated. Both of them had very mild symptoms and have now fully recovered.

I miss our shopping trips. Spouse spends hours in various warehouse sized knitting and sewing shops and I cruise Harbor Freight picking up odds 'n ends of stuff I think I need, but could probably do without.........

We're looking forward to a driving trip south in January, so hopefully all of the testing details will be sorted out by then. I don't want to pay for tests either way, but I'd do this as part of the cost of a 3 week+ trip, no way I'm doing this for 2 - 3 days shopping.

I'm a mixed vaccine dose victim, so another hurdle to travel in the US.

We used to like day hops to Watertown NY as it’s only an hour away. Not going to happen anytime soon. My bike rides in the Adirondacks are usually solo affairs away from everyone so I’m looking forward to that again although it may be a race with the weather for this season.

Not you, or I for a while. You're down under.

A friend has asked me to go on a trip next October, which still seems feasible at this point.

Hopefully everything is sorted by next riding season. I want to see the Mothman statue in West Virginia.

Not planning on it this year, but anyone know how Canadian trip/health insurance would view such a trip in November?

Not planning on it this year, but anyone know how Canadian trip/health insurance would view such a trip in November?
Insurance doesn't seem to care. At this point they have some stats on likelihood and cost so they just include it in their pricing like any other disease/illness. The alternative for the insurance companies would be no income if they dug in their heels.

i read that as mixers with AZ as one dose...
"The CDC says on its website that mixed doses of the two mRNA vaccines, Pfizer and Moderna, are acceptable in "exceptional situations," such as when the vaccine used for the first dose was no longer available."
The problem was that it is still available. How do you prove that it wasn't when you went for your shot?

"The CDC says on its website that mixed doses of the two mRNA vaccines, Pfizer and Moderna, are acceptable in "exceptional situations," such as when the vaccine used for the first dose was no longer available."
The problem was that it is still available. How do you prove that it wasn't when you went for your shot?
Discretion at the border probably. Nothing like rolling the dice every time you try to cross. Even if I had mixed mRNA, I wouldn't cross until that mess was sorted out.

Discretion at the border probably. Nothing like rolling the dice every time you try to cross. Even if I had mixed mRNA, I wouldn't cross until that mess was sorted out.
If they take the "2 valid doses sheet" from the second dose, that I've been using as a "vaccine passport" at restaurants, then it's not a big deal, as it only lists what you had for your second dose. Otherwise . . .

If they take the "2 valid doses sheet" from the second dose, that I've been using as a "vaccine passport" at restaurants, then it's not a big deal, as it only lists what you had for your second dose. Otherwise . . .
Agree. I present only cert 2 but have cert 1 with me in case they ask for it. So far nobody has asked for it (although I've only gone to two places where a check was required).

Back
Top Bottom