Where to go in Ontario? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to go in Ontario?

Good post. Anywhere in Mennonite land is good food.
Sittlers bakery in Conestoga.
Bonnie Lous in Floradale.

I'm in Durham and for a quick run (about 200 km) I like to head out to Jackson's Point and do Lake Drive. There is a little convenience store that seems to be pretty popular for street meat. I usually just stop in to get a drink and watch the owners patrol the parking lot like the Gestapo. Last summer was particularly fun while this 65+ year old lady was chasing people off the lot with her cooking tongs.

On the way back I stop at Annina's Bakery for butter tarts. My family enjoys those.

On the longer runs, I like to make my way out to the Muskoka's and run hwy 118 from Carnarvon to Port Carling and stop at Turtle Jacks for a bite. That usually makes for a really enjoyable 400km+ day.

I thought you guys wanted challenging roads to ride, not food destinations during a pandemic :unsure:

Good post. Anywhere in Mennonite land is good food.
Sittlers bakery in Conestoga.
Bonnie Lous in Floradale.
Try the ham hocks in Heidelberg with mashed potatoes and salad with homemade bread

The best

Try the ham hocks in Heidelberg with mashed potatoes and salad with homemade bread

The best
I have.I like the rolled ribs at Kennedy's in St Agatha.

Edit: mmmmm bread! I'm making sourdough bread today. House smells awesome. Short Johns tomorrow for the grandkids.

I've ridden every feckin road within a 250km NE of Toronto so many times I swear I could ride them in my sleep now.

I hope the border opens at some point (which is possible mid to late summer I think, the USA is in way better shape than us) as I do really need to get down for some PA riding at the very least.

Anyhow...to throw a vote out there, the Trans Canada between the Soo and Nipigon. Even rode that multiple times last year trying to get out to find some new roads and experiences (see my Pickle Lake post from last summer) but it's a good stretch with some nice scenic stretches, albeit not particularly technical roads in the least really.

When you're up there anyways, 129 from Thessalon up to north of the Trading Post (through the "Canadian Tail of the Dragon which was great, but short) is worth the detour IMHO.

I think out of desperation for destinations this year (and since I don't see the JBR being viable, at least if one wants to get to James Bay that is) this year, I think I'll probably find myself up that way again multiple times this coming season. Couple of my twistie-loving friends were talking about going back up and camping at the Trading Post there and spending a day or two just running the squirrlies through there back and forth a bunch of times.

tons of nice riding up in the Ottawa Valley
won't find touristy things like in Tennessee
and it's not quite as scenic

but there is also not the road traffic
the 500 series roads cannot be all explored in one summer
I tried, still lots to see

kV9rEpa.jpg

Thanks all to those that posted I have some great ideas. Now I'm just hoping for an early spring and lots of raid to clean up the roads a bit.

I just hope washrooms and restaurants are open in Ontario, in the event the border is still closed.

I just hope washrooms and restaurants are open in Ontario, in the event the border is still closed.
No but we have lots of trees to pee behind, you can mostly drink the water and the hunting and fishing is still good.

I never have trouble finding challenging roads in Ontario. If you limit yourself so velvety smooth blue highways, you’re missing a lot.

I find challenge in rough roads too. Motorcycling isn’t limited to track smooth Pennsylvanian highways - get out there, hold on tight and blast some some of the tougher beauties that cross cross the near North.

Well with the nice weather approaching time to revive this thread.
Those looking for a chip wagon east of the GTA...
Tweed Ont.
IMG-20201107-144228.jpg

IMG-20201107-143953.jpg

IMG-20201107-143935.jpg

North of the GTA...
The Fry Guy Horseshoe Valley Rd

IMG-20200825-165420.jpg

More east of the GTA...
A great little lunch spot on the water
The Blue Anchor just past Cornwall.
Beef dip and fries.

IMG-20200703-162929.jpg