Where to go in Ontario? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to go in Ontario?

The Crazy Canuck in Waterloo
A dam fine burger and fries.

IMG-20190521-202815.jpg

ya...notice the healthy milk i ordered with it :)

if you get up north you can always run hwy 129. Google it. i think you'll be impressed
Yes to 129. Better than the gap, returning down the zero traffic 144 is a beautiful run.

I have a place in the far north, I take these roads a few times each summer, they are brilliant and unrecognized as outstanding MC routes.

Bring a tent and find a spot on a forestry or mining road, fish for lunch or get some awesome Ontario hospitality from restaurants and motels.

Im doing 129/144 this weekend, way more fun than heading to Deals Gap - except for the bugs.

Roads I love in the far north:
Timmins to Matchechewan on Naybold rd
Hwy 566

Google maps Timmins and look at the small highways that head south for some spectacular routes.

I took a ride over to the falls today and couldn't believe how deserted the place was. Nothing's open so I guess it makes sense but I have never seen the sidewalks and road that runs close to the falls so empty! I literally parked my bike at the side of a live lane in a couple of places, wandered over and took a couple of pics without issue. That road is normally bumper to bumper. I was glad I went because I wasn't pushing and shoving with the sweaty masses trying to get pictures :LOL:

Once they open patios etc. that will change quickly I'm sure. Glad I got it in before then 🙂
NF3.png

Yup I agree with you GM...it hasn't been too busy there at all.
I've been twice on the weekends and hardly any traffic.
Once things open up I'm sure it will become quite busy.
Tims in Chippawa is a gong show with or without Covid.

I took a ride over to the falls today and couldn't believe how deserted the place was. Nothing's open so I guess it makes sense but I have never seen the sidewalks and road that runs close to the falls so empty! I literally parked my bike at the side of a live lane in a couple of places, wandered over and took a couple of pics without issue. That road is normally bumper to bumper. I was glad I went because I wasn't pushing and shoving with the sweaty masses trying to get pictures :LOL:

Once they open patios etc. that will change quickly I'm sure. Glad I got it in before then 🙂
View attachment 49189
Awesome pic. Can you imagine surviving that fall with just a life jacket? Lucky kid.

I took my new tires out for a spin. I went past both dark skies reserves near me, took the four seasons scenic road from highway 41 through Myers Cave. Went through Ardoch, slowed down to let a deer and her baby cross the road. Murdered a fair few hundred giant dragonflies. Took the 509 to Highway 7 then took Bollingbrook Rd to Westport and then Perth Rd back to Kingston. These last two are really good this year. The 509 is always good!

Apart from a small amount of tarmac everything is in great shape.

Ardoch, Ontario.

1623361178936.jpeg

I took my new tires out for a spin. I went past both dark skies reserves near me, took the four seasons scenic road from highway 41 through Myers Cave. Went through Ardoch, slowed down to let a deer and her baby cross the road. Murdered a fair few hundred giant dragonflies. Took the 509 to Highway 7 then took Bollingbrook Rd to Westport and then Perth Rd back to Kingston. These last two are really good this year. The 509 is always good!

Apart from a small amount of tarmac everything is in great shape.

Ardoch, Ontario.

View attachment 49387
Have you recently been on Mountain Rd between Tamworth and Parham?
Wondering what the road condition is like since it's been a while since I was last on it.

Wondering what the road condition is like since it's been a while since I was last on it.

I was going to take that today but went to Tamworth via Enterprise instead. Last time I took mountain road they were still doing road work on it but that was a while ago and should be finished now. If it is that should mean great tarmac on most of the run. I might run out and do that tomorrow depending on work.

I was going to take that today but went to Tamworth via Enterprise instead. Last time I took mountain road they were still doing road work on it but that was a while ago and should be finished now. If it is that should mean great tarmac on most of the run. I might run out and do that tomorrow depending on work.
Awesome thanks - I was thinking about riding it next weekend with some others and would prefer to avoid gravel or a chewed up road.

Awesome thanks - I was thinking about riding it next weekend with some others and would prefer to avoid gravel or a chewed up road.

Looks like a nice day tomorrow so I’ll try to head up there and check out Arden Rd North From Tamworth too. If they managed to do anything with that surface it will be fabulous. Previously Arden Rd was really good but there was a lot of “dodge the pothole” going on in spots. There’s new ownership of the little bike friendly cafe in Tamworth, the River Bakery. It looks like they may be open very soon. The previous owner had amazing home made food. Awesome Jamaican patties.

I was on that road about 3 weekends ago. I don't remember the condition exactly but there was no gravel.

Back
Top Bottom