Where to get rid of used oil? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to get rid of used oil?

kdamerje

Hello,

I am planning on changing my oil and was wondering where would i get ride of used oil? Is there a garage that would take it?

I live in Toronto.

Thanks

Last edited:
I've seen a lot of people just dump their used oil off @ Canadian Tire, just outside of the "garage doors", don't think that's actually a legit drop off though.

I live out in Oshawa, so the Ritson Waste management is my spot.

1640 Ritson Road North
Telephone: 905-433-2050
Hours of operation:
  • Tuesday to Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
  • Open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesdays only, from the first Tuesday in May until the first Tuesday in October.
  • The site is closed on all holidays.
I might have waiting a bit long for the last dump

Attachments

• GotOil.jpg
    GotOil.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I drop mine off at the local recycling station, good place to get rid of old paint cans too.

Just pull up put it on the table and drive away.

yea me too. ill go to the one next to polson pier. thanks!
You might want to check, not sure if all locations allow this to be dropped off. I think it falls under house hold hazard wastes.

Can’t say for certain but I’m pretty sure all locations. Always best to call first.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

CTC

they are paid by the Gov as a used oil acceptance centre
I don't care if they squawk

If you want to check, there isn't many Canadian Tire stores on the list

No one is REQUIRED to take your used oil from you except the transfer/ recycling depots run by your city or town, where you pay taxes.

AFIK no one is "paid by the Gov as a used oil acceptance centre".
That's not how this works.

Must be nice to live in a community that has a transfer station that allows you to just drop used oil off at any time!

Here in Dufferin County we have to wait until they hold a "Household Hazardous Waste Day", then join the lineup with everyone else who has been hoarding all the stuff that the garbage truck and transfer stations won't touch. There hadn't been one in Orangeville since before COVID so the August 29th event had to be held at the Orangeville Fairgrounds in order to accommodate the numbers. It took about 30 minutes to get through the line but at least I had some entertainment watching the Saturday morning motorcycle training in the parking lot.

CTC

they are paid by the Gov as a used oil acceptance centre
I don't care if they squawk

So much inaccurate

No one in Ontario is paid by the government to recycle or take oil

CTC store policy on taking your oil varies by store and is entirely decided by the store owner.

CTC does not need to take your oil back. There is no squawking.

CTC stores do sell their oil to recyclers and therefore it would be in their interest to have a way to easily take your used oil cause it's some free money for them.

You putting your oil outside a CTC store and driving away is classified as illegal dumping. However enforcement would be classified as spotty at best.

But unfortunately over the last years do it yourselfers who dropped their oil off at CTC had too many times contaminated the oil with glycol, brake fluid and even cooking oils. This resulted in huge, and I mean huge costs to the dealers for contaminating the stream. And therefore CTC dealers opted out of any recycling efforts.

I have a Jiffy Lube near my house. They are always really great about letting me bring my oil to them to dump with all the car oil.

Back
Top Bottom