Where to find engine stator cover beside dealer | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to find engine stator cover beside dealer

Well I do have another problem now, as I’m waiting for the part to arrive, I started taking it apart to see if I can get this one fixed and keep as a spare... but when I was trying to take the stator out I stripped one of the bolts, for some reason they where extremely tight almost impossible to come off, got three out but one won’t budge so now I’m stuck

They're loctited, thats why

Why were you taking the stator out? I thought we were fixing the cracked cover?

I am fixing the crack and keeping it as a spare, have a new cover coming.. The stator is bolted onto the cover so either way as to be removed

yep, heat will break the loctite
and a pair of vice grips in good condition should get that bolt out
clamp as tight as physically possible
tap with a hammer to get started

yep, heat will break the loctite
and a pair of vice grips in good condition should get that bolt out
clamp as tight as physically possible
tap with a hammer to get started

I will try that, hopefully it’ll work

Try to remember how much torque put that screw in there.Probably not much more than 50 in/lb.heat is your friend...in the right place.You don't want to melt the insulation on the stator.

Ordered brake caliper seals, which fit a million different Hondas, from Snow City first thing this morning. "Yep, in stock at the warehouse in Markham. Will be here in 3-4 days", he says. Not satisfactory. I can accept the part not being in stock at the dealer, but 3-4 days from a local warehouse doesn't cut it.

If I'd dropped my bike off at the service department with a stuck caliper, does this mean it'd be sitting in their shop for three days?

I used to work at a Napa store in Toronto many years ago. We'd have not one, but two shipments from the DC in Cambridge everyday.

BTW, whatever became of the OP and his stator bolt?

Last edited:
Shopping for torx head cap screws that are a better fit for the allen keys? ;)

.... Not satisfactory. .....
Every time I hear this just cracks me up.

So you think to compare international chain to a local dealer that has about 3000sq.ft. retail space is a fair comparison? Why don't you go to NAPA store and get the part?

WTF is wrong with the people these days. Think before say stuff.

So you think to compare international chain to a local dealer that has about 3000sq.ft. retail space is a fair comparison? Why don't you go to NAPA store and get the part?

I think he was complaining about the shipping delay, not that they didnt have it in stock. Reality is people want and expect to get things in a day now. If retail doesnt adapt to this new reality, they will continue to struggle. Markham to Scarborough in 3 to 4 days is pretty crap.

Shopping for torx head cap screws that are a better fit for the allen keys? ;)

Ended up drilling the screw out and just ordered a new one from dealer

As it was said, the problem is not the fact that dealer has no stock, but when the part is in stock at a warehouse that’s only a few minutes away, 4 days to get it it’s not really reasonable...
Having said that, when I used to get my parts from Kahuna powersports back when they were around they would have my parts within 2 days top. Still from same warehouse maybe things have changed now..

I can accept the part not being in stock at the dealer, but 3-4 days from a local warehouse doesn't cut it.

Please read and have a thorough understanding of what was written before replying.

via Tapatalk

I think he was complaining about the shipping delay, not that they didnt have it in stock. Reality is people want and expect to get things in a day now. If retail doesnt adapt to this new reality, they will continue to struggle. Markham to Scarborough in 3 to 4 days is pretty crap.
Understood what he was saying.

Napa is higher volume company. Also, the automotive industry, in general, have much higher volume than the motorcycle industry. Every company has a minimum requirement in order for them to ship so small retailers have to wait and get more order to fill the minimum requirement.

Not to mention some warehouses only ship stuff out twice a week to save cost.

Ordered brake caliper seals, which fit a million different Hondas, from Snow City first thing this morning. "Yep, in stock at the warehouse in Markham. Will be here in 3-4 days", he says. Not satisfactory. I can accept the part not being in stock at the dealer, but 3-4 days from a local warehouse doesn't cut it.

If I'd dropped my bike off at the service department with a stuck caliper, does this mean it'd be sitting in their shop for three days?

I used to work at a Napa store in Toronto many years ago. We'd have not one, but two shipments from the DC in Cambridge everyday.

Apples and oranges - the auto parts business is driven by 'right now' delivery - ever see any Honda Canada parts trucks on the road ? Car dealers will have a full time gofer, not because they want to but because they have to.
When I was running a powersports parts dept., you had 3 choices for parts ordering - 'emergency' (today, but minimal discount), 'regular' (2 or 3 days usually, fair discount and prepaid freight if you hit certain conditions) or 'stocking' which could be 2-3 weeks.
Most dealers use regular orders in season - its the only way to make any $$$, if you're a multi-line it gets even worse.
Not making excuses - the dealer can USUALLY get things like caliper rebuild kits from the aftermarket next day but if its something oddball then OEM is all there is. What bike ?

Apples and oranges - the auto parts business is driven by 'right now' delivery - ever see any Honda Canada parts trucks on the road ? Car dealers will have a full time gofer, not because they want to but because they have to.
When I was running a powersports parts dept., you had 3 choices for parts ordering - 'emergency' (today, but minimal discount), 'regular' (2 or 3 days usually, fair discount and prepaid freight if you hit certain conditions) or 'stocking' which could be 2-3 weeks.
Most dealers use regular orders in season - its the only way to make any $$$, if you're a multi-line it gets even worse.
Not making excuses - the dealer can USUALLY get things like caliper rebuild kits from the aftermarket next day but if its something oddball then OEM is all there is. What bike ?

Automotive industry is basically the same, will vary depending on manufacturer and dealer. As a general rule, emergency orders (overnight/same day) not only cost the dealership more, but the dealer may face various discouragements from the manufacturer to order as few things on emergency as possible. Some dealers/manufacturers may not even have the option of an emergency order.

Parts departments have various metrics to monitor their stocking performance like fill rate, turn rate, inventory age, etc. The bottom line is the more parts a dealer has on hand that sell quickly, the more profitable they are. A part that they sell twice a year is generally not worth the inventory cost and rack space to stock vs a part that they can sell once a month or more frequently. Multiply that concept by multiple brands and product lines, the number of rando parts that they can stock is going to be pretty minimal.

Snow City, in my experience, has an excellent parts department. The OEM Yamaha parts I have called them about are understandably generally not in stock, but normally take 2-3 business days to order in, they're pretty good at telling me when a part is backordered, and they always call me when a part comes in. The last two may sound like common sense, but it's surprising how often that doesn't happen.

Wow 4 to 5 days to get the part! Holy crap we are in a society that if we can;t get what we want immediately the world falls apart. It is not the dealers fault. No dealer stocks parts for every motorcycle just in case someone comes in for that particular part. Manufacturers have warehouses with parts inventory and dealers will place orders for parts. Parts are picked and then shipped out. To be cost effective they don't just ship every part the dealer orders as soon as the order is placed. This is not Amazon folks, they take all the dealers orders over a few days and then ship it all together a few days later in one big shipment. It is called being cost effective. Before Amazon we waited for things, not next day delivery. The world is spoiled. Now if I was told 2 to 3 weeks I would be upset but 4 to 5 days is not in any way unreasonable!
When I had my 650R it was less than a year old and it was faster and 1/3 the price to order OEM parts from a dealer in Thailand than to go to a local dealer.

Back
Top Bottom