Where to find engine stator cover beside dealer | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to find engine stator cover beside dealer

If the bike is a keeper then NRC covers are a good investment. (And they are not cheap imported parts.) May be less expensive than OEM.

Oshawa Cycle Salvage, or Ontario Cycle Salvage, worth a call.

Ontario Cycle Salvage has been gone for quite a while, you might find one at Oshawa if you don't mind sifting through heaps of junk.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions and help, but after having no luck anywhere, I just ended up getting one from Kawasaki dealer...
A little pricey @ $174.99, only thing that bothers me a bit is that it will take 4-5 business days to get the part... since they don’t keep most parts in store you figure they would at least be able to get things quicker for customers..

Reactions: J_F
Not sure if it'll fit but he's parting a 636.

Please view this ad:

Parting out 05 636,

Price: $ 20

Download the application from the Google Play Store.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Wow 4 to 5 days to get the part! Holy crap we are in a society that if we can;t get what we want immediately the world falls apart. It is not the dealers fault. No dealer stocks parts for every motorcycle just in case someone comes in for that particular part. Manufacturers have warehouses with parts inventory and dealers will place orders for parts. Parts are picked and then shipped out. To be cost effective they don't just ship every part the dealer orders as soon as the order is placed. This is not Amazon folks, they take all the dealers orders over a few days and then ship it all together a few days later in one big shipment. It is called being cost effective. Before Amazon we waited for things, not next day delivery. The world is spoiled. Now if I was told 2 to 3 weeks I would be upset but 4 to 5 days is not in any way unreasonable!

Now if I had a 13 year old bike and was told the parts would take a couple of weeks I would also understand as I would not always expect an older bike to always have parts in my local warehouse. Sometimes the parts may have to come from Japan or England or Italy where my bike was manufactured.

I had to get a part last year for my 2018 Kawi Z900RS and had to wait almost 2 weeks because the parts had not filtered into the Canadian warehouse since it was a brand new model. Had to wait for them to come direct from Japan.

Wow 4 to 5 days to get the part! Holy crap we are in a society that if we can;t get what we want immediately the world falls apart. It is not the dealers fault. No dealer stocks parts for every motorcycle just in case someone comes in for that particular part. Manufacturers have warehouses with parts inventory and dealers will place orders for parts. Parts are picked and then shipped out. To be cost effective they don't just ship every part the dealer orders as soon as the order is placed. This is not Amazon folks, they take all the dealers orders over a few days and then ship it all together a few days later in one big shipment. It is called being cost effective. Before Amazon we waited for things, not next day delivery. The world is spoiled. Now if I was told 2 to 3 weeks I would be upset but 4 to 5 days is not in any way unreasonable!

If it is being cost effective is the reason it takes longer, than it’s finished. I never said it’s completely unreasonable, just it bothered me a bit knowing that apparently the warehouse is in Ontario, I haven’t had to deal with a dealer in a few years so I guess things changed a bit... When Kahuna used to be around 90% of the time they had most parts in stock, at least the most common ones, and if the had to get something they would be able to get it within 2 days. But again I guess things change, and like I said 4-5 days it’s not completely unreasonable...

Now if I had a 13 year old bike and was told the parts would take a couple of weeks I would also understand as I would not always expect an older bike to always have parts in my local warehouse. Sometimes the parts may have to come from Japan or England or Italy where my bike was manufactured.

I had to get a part last year for my 2018 Kawi Z900RS and had to wait almost 2 weeks because the parts had not filtered into the Canadian warehouse since it was a brand new model. Had to wait for them to come direct from Japan.

I totally agree with you, but would be nice to see some common parts in stock especially when they’re fitted on different models, a stator cover is a very common item, even when reading through forums etc.. lots of bike get tipped over and that’s usually one of the first things to get damaged.
Now when I had my Aprilia that’s a different story, talking about waiting forever for a part...

Dealers are already hurting for cash as most people don't buy from brick and mortar stores anymore. How is a dealer supposed to determine what parts a customer may need. Sure common things like oil and air filters and consumables sure. How can a dealer justify carrying multiple parts for multiple models on speculation that some day someone may come to buy it. They would have so much money tied up in inventory they would be out of business in weeks. How many models does Kawasaki have per year and how many years back should the dealer stock. Not every model has the same parts from year to year. Even just your stater cover may only fit one or 2 model years then same bike it changed for the next model year slightly so another part#. Should the dealer have 1 cover for every model and every variation for the last 5? 10? 20? model years along with the same of every other possible part that a consumer may need? Not going to happen and is insane to believe it is even feasible.

Parts that are interchangeable with other makes and models or consumable parts like brake shoes should be in most local business inventory, specialty stuff no. Some of the dealers that show up at trials events have a lot! of good inventory on hand if you crash and need something, probably way better then most big, store-front, bike shops.

... we crash a lot.

Dealers are already hurting for cash as most people don't buy from brick and mortar stores anymore. How is a dealer supposed to determine what parts a customer may need. Sure common things like oil and air filters and consumables sure.............................

You're correct in that no dealer would have the resources to stock seldom sold parts, that's what a regional distribution/parts center is for.

In over 15 years of ownership the only part a dealer ever had in stock for my ST was the oil filter. Everything else had to be ordered from the distribution center and this is the key reason why I buy everything in the US. Better service, better prices and all done online with delivery to my door or to a US mailbox.

I did need a part in a hurry in April and Milton Honda let me order over the phone at 2 PM and they called at 9 AM the next day to say they had received it, that's pretty good service.

Actually, if the Kawasaki parts warehouse is in Toronto, say vs. Vancouver, any non dealer stocked part should be available next business day or two days at most if the order cut off time is missed the day of the order. Any longer period is attributable to ineffective systems or processes at the distributor or parts warehouse.

key reason why I buy everything in the US. Better service, better prices and all done online with delivery to my door or to a US mailbox.
Well that is the difference between 35 million people and over 300 million people. More people in U.S. means better selection. We have a 5 month riding season and far less bikes on the road so we will never have the stock and distribution advantage that south of the border has,

Exactly, it’s a common item and especially being a pretty popular bike... the funny thing is they all have the gasket in stock for some reason
Gasket may need to be replaced if one opens the cover... it is a replaceable part..hence it is in Stock.. not so much for stator cover..

Well that is the difference between 35 million people and over 300 million people. More people in U.S. means better selection. We have a 5 month riding season and far less bikes on the road so we will never have the stock and distribution advantage that south of the border has,

Sorry, but our season is 7 months, not 5, and this is a GTA forum, not a national one. The GTA is one of the top 10 metro areas in North America with about 7M people. Virtually all national or regional OEM warehouses or distribution centers are in the GTA. With this concentration of businesses we should expect 1 or 2 day delivery and there is no legitimate excuse for extended lead times. Now, if you live in Sudbury, Thunder Bay or some other city far from the GTA then I'd understand the need for an extra day or so for transportation.

Sorry, but our season is 7 months, not 5, and this is a GTA forum, not a national one. The GTA is one of the top 10 metro areas in North America with about 7M people. Virtually all national or regional OEM warehouses or distribution centers are in the GTA. With this concentration of businesses we should expect 1 or 2 day delivery and there is no legitimate excuse for extended lead times. Now, if you live in Sudbury, Thunder Bay or some other city far from the GTA then I'd understand the need for an extra day or so for transportation.

And exactly how many authorized dealers are left, especially in the 416 ?

That bottom piece is going to come off. Take it to a welding shop. Once it is properly welded it can be ground smooth and high-polished. Won't even know it was cracked.

Welding would be what i would do too.I know of a welder in Cambridge that could do a perfect job on that.
Grand Valley Specialty Welding

Last edited:
Well I do have another problem now, as I’m waiting for the part to arrive, I started taking it apart to see if I can get this one fixed and keep as a spare... but when I was trying to take the stator out I stripped one of the bolts, for some reason they where extremely tight almost impossible to come off, got three out but one won’t budge so now I’m stuck

Back
Top Bottom