Where to find engine stator cover beside dealer | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to find engine stator cover beside dealer

GRN_ZX7R

So yesterday came out of work just to find my bike lying on its side, someone while backing out of a parking spot must have hit it, my stator cover cracked. So far I’ve tried the dealer but don’t have it in stock and the price is a bit on the high side... So was wondering if I have any other options in the GTA on where to find one new or used. The bike is an 06 Kawasaki 636.

Ebay - search 06 Kawasaki 636 stator cover OEM

Looks like you can also buy Chinese cast versions for $40 if you want to roll the dice.

I’ve seen the ones on eBay, almost all of them ship from China and they have an estimated delivery date of July. Was hoping to find something in stock locally

Do you need stock? I would investigate aftermarket covers that will be a little tougher (and may be more available).

Do you need stock? I would investigate aftermarket covers that will be a little tougher (and may be more available).

If you're talking about something the track guys use like woodcraft expect to pay up to ten times the cost of an aftermarket ebay cover.

3-400 dollars easily. They are CNC billet and not cheap.

Quick search is showing the china covers at an average price of 50 bux.,

OP, order the ebay cover, and temp fix yours with some JB weld for now..........just to get you riding again. If you're worried about a gasket just use some black Permatex on super clean surfaces, cover and case.

Last edited:
OEM motorcycle parts are only going to come from a Dealer or you look for used ones at the usual places like Ebay. Other option is try Bike Bandit that carries most OEM parts but it will ship from the U.S. $136.95 US$

14031:COVER-GENERATOR 14031-00321Ships within 3 to 4 business days$155.32$136.95

So yesterday came out of work just to find my bike lying on its side, someone while backing out of a parking spot must have hit it, my stator cover cracked. So far I’ve tried the dealer but don’t have it in stock and the price is a bit on the high side... So was wondering if I have any other options in the GTA on where to find one new or used. The bike is an 06 Kawasaki 636.
Try calling Woody's in Perth, if he says he has one you are good to go
and if he says he's not sure, probably won't work out for you unless you like to explore scrap yards in person.

If you're talking about something the track guys use like woodcraft expect to pay up to ten times the cost of an aftermarket ebay cover.

3-400 dollars easily. They are CNC billet and not cheap.

Quick search is showing the china covers at an average price of 50 bux.,

OP, order the ebay cover, and temp fix yours with some JB weld for now..........just to get you riding again. If you're worried about a gasket just use some black Permatex on super clean surfaces, cover and case.

I thought about job weld, just not sure if it’s gonna work, it’s a pretty big crack

I’ll just order one, my point was to try and find one in stock locally so I could ride it and not have to wait.. but guess I have no choice

Try calling Woody's in Perth, if he says he has one you are good to go
and if he says he's not sure, probably won't work out for you unless you like to explore scrap yards in person.

I’ve tried a couple of scrap yard with no luck, funny enough they seem to have almost every year ZX6 in stock except mine

massively sh*tty, OP
karma you think will come around and even the score with that dooosh canoe

the motorcycle scrappers were my first suggestion
but you've done that

so you're saying the Kawasaki dealers do not have a stator cover for a ZX6R?
why even bother having a bricks and mortar store......

you could try having it welded
aluminum is not the easiest but can be done

I thought about job weld, just not sure if it’s gonna work, it’s a pretty big crack

I’ll just order one, my point was to try and find one in stock locally so I could ride it and not have to wait.. but guess I have no choice
Ouch, that's a big crack. If you were to try a temporary fix, I would grind it out to give the JB some more surface area to grab onto.

It's not a dealers' issue. I think they get the parts from the distributor next day. I think it's just the OP wants to find the cheaper solution.

Can you imagine having all the parts in stock for the past 13 years different models? Not to mention how inefficient to have all the parts in stock for every dealer. We can get overnight shipping from the most of the cities so not necessary.

Brick and mortar stores are for guys like me. I ride motorcycles and I rather not fiddle with tools in my garage. I have better things to do than that. Also, if they can do a job for $200 in an hour vs. me, working on it for a half day, take my money. If something goes wrong, at least I know who's liable.

stator cover
how many bikes fall/knocked over?

we're not talking about a 1974 CB350
that part should be in stock
it IS a dealer issue

edit: 4-5 days
unacceptable
that means to me not in Canada

It's not a dealers' issue. I think they get the parts from the distributor next day. I think it's just the OP wants to find the cheaper solution.

Can you imagine having all the parts in stock for the past 13 years different models? Not to mention how inefficient to have all the parts in stock for every dealer. We can get overnight shipping from the most of the cities so not necessary.

Brick and mortar stores are for guys like me. I ride motorcycles and I rather not fiddle with tools in my garage. I have better things to do than that. Also, if they can do a job for $200 in an hour vs. me, working on it for a half day, take my money. If something goes wrong, at least I know who's liable.

This wasn’t about saving money, was just trying to find a faster solution...
I did end up ordering from the dealer at this point, only down side it takes 4-5 business days to get the part... not extremely long but would have been nicer to have it fixed sooner.

stator cover
how many bikes fall/knocked over?

we're not talking about a 1974 CB350
that part should be in stock
it IS a dealer issue

Exactly, it’s a common item and especially being a pretty popular bike... the funny thing is they all have the gasket in stock for some reason

Exactly, it’s a common item and especially being a pretty popular bike... the funny thing is they all have the gasket in stock for some reason

that's a customer issue......

"the gasket is how much?"

as mentally they are already half way to Canadian Tire for silicone :cool:

that's a customer issue......

"the gasket is how much?"

as mentally they are already half way to Canadian Tire for silicone :cool:

The gasket is $14.95, seems reasonable.. I think

Not that my opinion matters, but I find that making gaskets out of permatex is better than using a purchased gasket most times on things like crank case covers and similar engine components. The only downside is you gotta wait an hour before you torque the bolts to allow the goop to somewhat solidify or else you just spew it all out.

Glad you got it sorted.

Back
Top Bottom