What's your vinyl count? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's your vinyl count?

50 ish
99% original from '70s & '80s
Bought 2 or 3 collector ones over the last few years.
My kid is building up their collection, probably near 100
From Beach Boys to the Zombies to Taylor Swift to Poppy to Kanye

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

12 milk crates full, unknown #.
Got my aunt's collection when she passed.
Chubby Checker's and every Elvis he ever made.

A couple. Grace Jones and garage sale find - Drag race sound effects record. Nothing but guy guys leaving the line.
The Squeeze has a milk crate or 2.

(no need to mention two crates of my cassettes in the garage)

Maybe 100 to 200 or so.
Used to get them at half price when I worked at HMV in the early to mid 2000's.

Also have several thrift store qualities.

100 or so that came in the marriage. Probably more waiting in the wings.
There is some cool stuff in there - Steve Miller Band Fly Like an Eagle, Fleeteood Mac Rumors, some Journey I think, Toto, several Glen Campbell…

50 or so. Wife’s collection from high school.

Anyone need Donny Osmond or Bay City Rollers for their collection?

Zero, had a few when I was a kid but never was a audiophile

I have about a hundred. Of those a handful are really good pressings. Picked up a bunch at antique shops here and there and I’m getting a lot more picky about the quality of the recording/pressing now.

I have around 1000 records. Went through a phase of buying random boxes at auction. 90% was junk, but the 10% good stuff made it very good value. Found a whole bunch of great records I never would have bought otherwise, too. Biggest headache was disposing of all the Burl Ives and Herb Alpert discs once Value Village and Goodwill stopped taking them...

Best thing I ever did was put them all into Discogs so I can confirm if I actually have something before going digging.

I have an old Yamaha table with a H/K integrated amp run through either some Smaller Advents or Dynaco A25's for downstairs, and a Thorens plus Chinese tube amp through a set of JBL monitors upstairs. The Yamaha and H/K combo gets much more use, though, and sounds 95% as good. I love listening to records from the 60's and 70's on the gear they were mixed and mastered to be played on...

Back
Top Bottom