What's your plans (or dreams?) in retirement? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's your plans (or dreams?) in retirement?

Its easy to dismiss narcotics as “the devil” and all that until you’ve actually experienced pain that justifies them. Serious “I want to die, please kill me” type pain. Most people have never experienced that. That’s a good thing
Can relate. Having skull drilled open was a month of morphine-related drugs

You don’t know pain.

Anyone who’s never experienced writhing in uncontrollable agony unable to hold in your own waste and not even able to communicate doesn’t know pain.

I hope you never experience that. But if you do someday, trust me, you will hope and pray for something or someone to take away the pain.
I did! That's what made me retire.
Hot bath tub of water and curl up in a ball in your own waste 27 times a day seemed to help.
Riding motorcycles full time seems to have miraculously improved it. Must have been stress related.

Wow. Some of you have had some significant pain and surgeries. Frankly, I have been pretty lucky from that perspective.

As for the topic itself. My main goal is to stay as healthy as I can and other than the part time RV dream I hope to do some travel with my wife. I have not been back to Greece since 1995 or Italy since 2001. Never been to Austrailia and would love 3 to 4 weeks to get a decent view of the place.

I have been to every state except Alaska and would love to see it. Same for our North. I have been to every province; but have not been to Yukon or N.W.T. Time to head North.

I have been to Costa Rica but never to South America so that is on the bucket list as well.

Mainly travel as a dream.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Travel was a big part of how we lived, and I hope will be again in retirement. Post covid.... just so much to see on the planet.

oxycontin = one of the dirtiest prescription drugs ever conceived, great if you are aiming for nausea, vomiting, constipation, dry mouth, indigestion, weakness, sweating, lightheadedness, dizziness and drowsiness. Wash that down with alcohol to induce blackouts, hallucinations, slurred speech and make you completely uncoordinated.

That's not a retirement plan that's slow suicide.

For the sake of having better information on the internet, this is completely wrong.

Oxycontin, if used in the prescribed dose by a responsible doctor, is euphoria inducing. I've engineered a system while high off oxycontin before (and it's still being used today lol.)

Just don't abuse it.

Also, Trials, for a fellow software dev, what the **** lol Do you not logic/sanity/validate check your own thinking?

Wow. Some of you have had some significant pain and surgeries. Frankly, I have been pretty lucky from that perspective.

As for the topic itself. My main goal is to stay as healthy as I can and other than the part time RV dream I hope to do some travel with my wife. I have not been back to Greece since 1995 or Italy since 2001. Never been to Austrailia and would love 3 to 4 weeks to get a decent view of the place.

I have been to every state except Alaska and would love to see it. Same for our North. I have been to every province; but have not been to Yukon or N.W.T. Time to head North.

I have been to Costa Rica but never to South America so that is on the bucket list as well.

Mainly travel as a dream.

really should put that on your short list
amazing to see so many people doing their thing
thriving and happy
with zero connection to the US or Europe

For those of you who are retiring soon: you may have dodged a bullet. Interesting **** imo.

*** the oxy and all yer pills,
I'm seriously thinking about getting one of these because I can't get a Montesa
Do you think this would be a good one for a boomer to buy?

41d010_rra.jpg

I did! That's what made me retire.
Hot bath tub of water and curl up in a ball in your own waste 27 times a day seemed to help.
Riding motorcycles full time seems to have miraculously improved it. Must have been stress related.

Oh FFS...

You're one of those sorts who sees someone on Antidepressants and silently thinks to yourself "If they just looked at the bright side and got outside in the sun more, they'd cheer up! Pills are a crutch. Go for a nice walk in the woods and you'll be fine!", people, aren't you?

Newsflash for you:

- Not everyone with depression can just "cheer up" and get over it.
- Not everyone who takes anti anxiety meds can "just relax!" and be fine.
- Not everyone who needs insulin is fat and "should just lose a few pounds"
- Etc etc..

....and not every person who uses narcotics when they're damn well needed because of something you so clearly can't wrap your head around (since you've never experienced) it is a drug addict in the making or some sort of pansy who "just can't deal with the pain".

I've had my share of pain in my life. I deal with it every day. Chronic pain sucks ass. I've dealt with 99.9% of it with OTC meds. But that 0.1% of the time it burns my ass to be preached at by people who just assume that you can just "suck it up" and deal with it. Because anyone who has a clue knows that's not reality.

Stop being so sanctimonious.

I'll leave it at that because everything else I want to type is apt to get me banned.

Maybe I'm just lucky.

really should put that on your short list
amazing to see so many people doing their thing
thriving and happy
with zero connection to the US or Europe
Cool! Top pics for country or 2 to see first?

My other plan is a curated tequila tour. I have also never been to Mexico City. Would love to go see it.

Go directly to Tequila, Mexico (it's just outside of Guadalajara) and do the Jose Cuervo tour. They bring you to the basement to sample some of the Reserva.
I do have a bottle of the Reserva Extra Anejo. Very good stuff.

I want to see Patron as well and then (if possible) get to see where Tequila Ocho. Tapatio, Pasote etc get made.

I have a soft spot for Roca Patron. While I am so-so on standard Patron I love Roca Patron. The Blanco in particular is one of my faves.

I actually don't have a lot of overseas places in mind that I'm dying to visit.

Australia is tumbling around in the back of my head and is of moderate interest. France maybe. Iceland is probably ahead of both right now for the natural beauty thing which is honestly what interests me most.

But none inspire me in any such way that I'm dying to get on an airplane and head there in any sort of rush, Covid aside.

This isnt retirement related, but Id like to go to italy, see miguello, pay a visit to bologna, noale and even tavullia
maybe do some factory tours etc

Back
Top Bottom