Whats the "sweet spot" for you | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Whats the "sweet spot" for you

my current 600cc bikes are supposedly 100hp....with steel frames, so solid weight. Just fine for me. Though my previous 600 GSXR was nice too, but with better acceleration. :)

Wow what can I say these guys nailed it for me, I'll take one of each (y)

Based on the reviews the Duke 890R looks like the new one to beat in the segment.

compliments of Cuban Rider, he of XR track fame at ze dragon!

There is no replacement for displacement....150hp fz1....try that in the mountains...minimal shifting..just roll the throttle ?
Ya, there is... Torque. I know an FJR is bigger displacement and around the same HP, but it has an FZ1 by 40-50% in torque dept.

An FZ1 is a disappearing dot in an FJR's mirror on mountain climb.

I have a CBR 1100 and a SV650. Both bikes are fun. The SV is great just for me and I prefer it for my commute to work.
I prefer the 1100 for multi hour rides, especially with luggage or a passenger (or both).

Ya, there is... Torque. I know an FJR is bigger displacement and around the same HP, but it has an FZ1 by 40-50% in torque dept.

An FZ1 is a disappearing dot in an FJR's mirror on mountain climb.

You just disagreed with the no replacement for displacement saying, and then went on to say a bike with more displacement has a big advantage in torque but with the same hp, mhm, thats how it works.

Maybe I am not following the argument but you proved his point

You just disagreed with the no replacement for displacement saying, and then went on to say a bike with more displacement has a big advantage in torque but with the same hp, mhm, thats how it works.

Maybe I am not following the argument but you proved his point
My point is torque matters. Yes there is a displacement difference, but it's the torque making that matters (the smaller displacement FZ1 actually makes more HP, but the FJR is faster).

It's what you do with the displacement that matters, in the sport bike -- big torque wins over big HP on the road.

Something that's fast enough to pass when I need to, and slow enough that I can't go crazy.

You think more torque is going to do it for you, just bolt an extra couple of pounds of dead weight on one end of your crankshaft, or buy an engine that has an under-square stroke. Sure you get all that extra flywheel effect that spells torque :sneaky: but now your engine also takes longer to spin up.

... numbers people also need to keep in mind the horsepower numbers being compared here are Brake horsepower, not Taxable horsepower.

Last edited:
That burnout video is amazing, that's the tiniest burnout I have ever seen riding a motorcycle.
If they just want to destroy a perfectly good motorcycle, a can of gasoline and a match would work way faster.

Currently ride a big twin and a sub 300cc twin and though very different I enjoy them both and again for different reasons. Must say that extracting the potential of the smaller platform has been a bit of a learning challenge but great fun and it is so much easier to pick up. Less is more has become a priority it seems.

Back
Top Bottom