What's for dinner? | Page 85 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's for dinner?

a good bourbon can be enjoyable
JD is not one of them

duck tacos and nachos are on the menu

as for the American football thing
it has it's roots collegiate football
two streams of the game, one kicking (soccer) and one carrying/running (rugby)

North American branches of the game started in the Ivy League schools
first documented match was between Harvard and McGill
ended in a 0-0 tie...so at that time it had the excitement level of soccer
but it was carried out under rugby rules

over the next few decades the game had some evolutions that distinguished it from Euro football
biggest change was down and distance, this gave the game it's stop and go cadence
and the concept of offense/defense, then later, the forward pass
Canadian football eventually adopted these changes, so our game looks quite similar

soccer fans don't like the game because of the constant stoppage
football fans appreciate that it's a balance of strategy and execution
there's a lot going on during the stoppages
and then you get to see the millionaires try to put it in action

it also transfers better to TV than any other major league sport

a good bourbon can be enjoyable
JD is not one of them

duck tacos and nachos are on the menu

as for the American football thing
it has it's roots collegiate football
two streams of the game, one kicking (soccer) and one carrying/running (rugby)

North American branches of the game started in the Ivy League schools
first documented match was between Harvard and McGill
ended in a 0-0 tie...so at that time it had the excitement level of soccer
but it was carried out under rugby rules

over the next few decades the game had some evolutions that distinguished it from Euro football
biggest change was down and distance, this gave the game it's stop and go cadence
and the concept of offense/defense, then later, the forward pass
Canadian football eventually adopted these changes, so our game looks quite similar

soccer fans don't like the game because of the constant stoppage
football fans appreciate that it's a balance of strategy and execution
there's a lot going on during the stoppages
and then you get to see the millionaires try to put it in action

it also transfers better to TV than any other major league sport

I’ll watch rugby league for a game that compares (a bit) as that has more constant action, doesn’t require a millionaire to enter the game after a mandatory ad break for a few seconds of action and the players don’t dress like they are assaulting a small town in Afghanistan. ?

American football is as said above , stragtegy , stamina, and execution. There is no question of the athletisism , be it round ball, fat ball or pinched ends ball at these levels. Watch it for what it is, or dont.
Just have some tasty snacks and get together with some friends.

American football when it comes to Superbowl time is all Hollywood not football. Commercials & halftime show are where all the attention is focused - not the football, oh no; it's not the football!

don't think I'll be tuning out the halftime show this year
I will watch that, whenever, wherever

don't think I'll be tuning out the halftime show this year
I will watch that, whenever, wherever

shakira and jlo?

those hips my brother, those hips
They definitely don't lie.
I'd love to have those two over for dinner.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Thx @J_F. It was MX ;), Mayan Riviera. I try to get back when I can. Riviera Nayarit is great and popular. Like you, I find MX great as well; so much history, culture and a big country with lots to explore and something for everyone. Amazing fresh food and food culture.

I'm not doing anything special for SuperBowl. I don't do gatherings for the game any longer. I do eat well though every day. Today I grilled some pork back ribs, four hrs low and slow to perfection. I'll try to get pics up in the next few weeks.

More meal pictures and good food.

This is another top notch meal I enjoyed recently. I riffed this meal; it was super easy & fast to prepare & cook, and it came out excellent. Mussels Provencale Risotto. Highly recommended. (Big picture and lots of details)
WP_20191217_14_33_02_Pro%2B%25282%2529.jpg

This meal was PC PEI Mussels in Provencale (seasoned tomato) sauce used in the Instant Pot with a traditional risotto recipe and cook. It's a 5 minute (!) IP cook and pressure cooking works perfect for the rice and seafood combo. After plating it, I added a generous amount of fresh hand grated grana padano and some butter pads. It was excellent.

Cheer and enjoy the weekend.

Last edited:
Thx @J_F. It was MX ;), Mayan Riviera. I try to get back when I can. Riviera Nayarit is great and popular. Like you, I find MX great as well; so much history, culture and a big country with lots to explore and something for everyone. Amazing fresh food and food culture.

I'm not doing anything special for SuperBowl. I don't do gatherings for the game any longer. I do eat well though every day. Today I grilled some pork back ribs, four hrs low and slow to perfection. I'll try to get pics up in the next few weeks.

More meal pictures and good food.

This is another top notch meal I enjoyed recently. I riffed this meal; it was super easy & fast to prepare & cook, and it came out excellent. Mussels Provencale Risotto. Highly recommended. (Big picture and lots of details)
WP_20191217_14_33_02_Pro%2B%25282%2529.jpg

This meal was PC PEI Mussels in Provencale (seasoned tomato) sauce used in the Instant Pot with a traditional risotto recipe and cook. It's a 5 minute (!) IP cook and pressure cooking works perfect for the rice and seafood combo. After plating it, I added fresh hand grated grana padano and some butter pads. It was excellent.

Cheer and enjoy the weekend.

Not a seafood fan
but Holy **** that looks good

Not a seafood fan
but Holy **** that looks good
I never was either, but mussels was where I started.
I'm still more inclined to eat shellfish as my main seafood

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Jlo is 50! Some good Latina gene's.

yep, was moving a little slower, but still a great looking old gal

Shakira on the other hand, while 7 years younger, still moves like she did 20 years ago
and she looked really happy to be there, whilst JLO looked angry

and an angry Latina is a bad situation for everyone involved

Back
Top Bottom