What you define as "Spirited Riding"? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What you define as "Spirited Riding"?

A squid, does stunts at any time. Even when inappropriate.
Rides over his head, disrespects other riders space, pisses off cagers, runs from the police, acts like an idiot.

Spirited riding can mean two things.

I take it as a quick romp through some twisties. At a controlled pace, not even coming close to the edge of your abilities.
As long as you are having fun at the pace and would never fall down,

Spirited means, something like 10-40 kph above the posted limits.

Or, riding like crazy, in a group. Riding like a bat out of hell.

Really depends on the group you are riding with. Spirited can either mean around the limit but somewhat faster in the twisty sections...or it can mean the entire ride will be 50+ and the group will run if need be.

I typically stay away from anything 'spirited' until I know the group I am riding with, or at least the leader...that way I know what they mean by the word.

5MbXgvW.jpg

If you've only been riding for only 3 seasons then a spirited ride on this forum is not for you.

If a ride is posted as "no 250s, sv650 minimum & experienced rides only"; be prepared to run from trouble when it arises. Or you'll be bait meat. Just my humble opinion

Spirited tends to mean well above the speed limit, running stop signs, passing on double lines etc.

I prefer to avoid spirited rides.

Riders may be agatt, as opposed to squid.

Spirited tends to mean well above the speed limit, running stop signs, passing on double lines etc.

I prefer to avoid spirited rides.

Riders may be agatt, as opposed to squid.

Passing on double yellow lines? lol...The horror!!
You know that's legal, right? How would you ever pass a bicycle with the minimum 1M distance. Double yellow just means its not suggested.

Passing on double yellow lines? lol...The horror!!
You know that's legal, right? How would you ever pass a bicycle with the minimum 1M distance. Double yellow just means its not suggested.

It's all fun and games, until some tries it around a blind corner, between cars going in opposite directions.

Find out the destination in advance, and then ride your own ride.

What is the difference between spirited riding and being a squid / street rossi?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

What I define as spirited riding starts by rolling the throttle in such a fashion as to provide a satisfyingly firm tug on the handlebars each and every time you snick into the next gear of a left sided international shift 1dn 3up chinese knock off 120+cc horizontal one lunger. Anything more than that you're getting into street rossi territory.

Last edited:
If you've only been riding for only 3 seasons then a spirited ride on this forum is not for you.

Quite. 'Spirited' on a public forum is often a euphemism for 'street Rossi'. The other thing I learnt that seat of my pants day is how difficult it is to 'ride your own ride' when all around you are making it look so easy. But they weren't squids. Rather, experienced riders riding well and studiously avoiding trouble.

Edit: I did leave the group halfway, when mortality trumped vanity.

Ive done spirited.

To me its when I've probably left a little bit of poop in my boxers.

My definition of spirited is a lot less extreme than most of you. To me it's finding an open road where I can accelerate at will and really lean the machine over. Notice I said nothing about going at stupid speeds or running from cops.

Spirited Riding for me equates to late braking accompanied by heavy downshifts with aggressive corner entry and exit. This can be done in a skillful, controlled and safe manner. Squiding is this done with either less or none of the aforementioned.

If other road users are keeping pace with you, that's less than spirited riding.
If old people shake their fist when you go by, that's spirited riding.
If cops don't even bother chasing, that's more than spirited.

So it's basically old white haired people that determine the classification.

If other road users are keeping pace with you, that's less than spirited riding.
If old people shake their fist when you go by, that's spirited riding.
If cops don't even bother chasing, that's more than spirited.

So it's basically old white haired people that determine the classification.

hahahaha, reminds of this crazy old lady up in Bala area.

Spirited Riding for me equates to late braking accompanied by heavy downshifts with aggressive corner entry and exit. This can be done in a skillful, controlled and safe manner. Squiding is this done with either less or none of the aforementioned.

This type of riding is only suitable for the racetrack.

For street riding, I prefer barely using the brakes at all. If you have to brake hard for a corner, you are taking too many chances.

Those Pace articles are pretty cool. Thanks for posting. I found it interesting how he suggests not leaning off the bike on the street so that you don't need to go really fast to achieve fun lean angles.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom