What will you do after covid? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What will you do after covid?

bigpoppa

Read of another promising vaccine today, this time coming from oxford, being co developed by AstraZeneca, seems like eventually things will go back to normal, what are your post covid plans?

Im probably gonna go on a long trip to the US, never actually ridden there

I haven’t put a lot of thought on the matter other than I will be taking a vacation, likely some place in the Caribbean. I will also be making a point of spoiling myself a bit more in general. A lot has happened in the last year including covid so my mentality has changed a bit where it pertains to money. I’m willing to spend a bit more freely than I have in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

go the gym and play badminton in the short term. Like to, as most, start tipping my toes in the U.S. Overnight trips to Pennsylvania etc. Go to the Smokey Mountains again.

A lot has happened in the last year including covid so my mentality has changed

changes your perspective doesnt it?

Take some time off I have been busier than ever with Covid and don't think I will go to México for Christmas this year like usual. Trip is already paid and will be a complete loss but such is life lost a couple of paid weeks in Vegas already this year.

I’ll stop wearing a mask.

"After covid"... Lol.

There will be no "after covid".

It'll be called something else, but don't think it'll be long before the next big crisis.

If not some newly discovered, often survivable virus it'll be something like a meteor on a collision course with earth or a new dance craze sweeping the nation and corrupting the youth.

Cry because I'll probably have to commute again.

But least my glasses will stop fogging up with the mask lol

Cry because I'll probably have to commute again.

But least my glasses will stop fogging up with the mask lol

I think the paradigm has been changed, if you're able to work from home now as a matter of necessity, you will likely be able to continue after

I think the paradigm has been changed, if you're able to work from home now as a matter of necessity, you will likely be able to continue after

I sure hope so. But being in construction there will be some aspect that I need to spend on site.

As for the original question....travel. We already cancelled our flight to Poland this year, and I have 4 weeks to decide on a new date and I'm tempted to try and get my 75% cost back as it doesn't look overly positive to be travelling to Europe next year. Oh and go back to my favourite Polish restaurant....Albatross Pub in New Toronto...highly recommend.

Even if there is a vaccine...how long before we're able to actually get our hands on one.

We'll be heading straight back to Rome in spring or fall, whichever comes first.

I miss it all. Drinking coffee standing up, aperitivo in the evening, three hour dinner at 10, Carbonara and Cacio e Pepe, gelato in the piazza, fresh buffalo mozzarella, calcio, art and history at every turn, walking the Appian Way and aqueduct parks, high speed trains for daytrips or weekends in Florence, Venice, Bologna, Ravenna, Naples. the daily rituals savouring moments where everything must be 'just so'.

We've missed it so much this year that we've started watching hours long YouTube videos where people just silently walk around these cities, soaking in the ambiance.

Take a month and do a decent long trip. I hardly did any riding this year.

Was thinking about riding to Tuktoyaktuk. Supposedly its the most northerly place in Canada accessible by road. It would be nice to do in the spring after the snow is gone but before the flies come out

Start to pay off the National debt, I expect. Unless Trudeau's still in power, in that case I'd better start working for the government.

changes your perspective doesnt it?

Sure does. Between multiple unexpected deaths of people close to me and covid etc etc I really want to spend more time focusing on enjoying life. I’ve always tried to balance now vs retirement but I’m overall in a comfortable place financially and need to start leaning toward enjoying the now. I also won’t be going back to the office. Only a career change will mean no longer working from home for me.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Travel again. Want to get down to the mountains in PA, back down to the dragon, out west (covered in another thread I started), and back on a cruise ship hopefully by this time next year.

Take a month and do a decent long trip. I hardly did any riding this year.

Was thinking about riding to Tuktoyaktuk. Supposedly its the most northerly place in Canada accessible by road. It would be nice to do in the spring after the snow is gone but before the flies come out
wife went there for business, if you have questions LMK. as far as i recall they only recently made a highway there, previously you had to drive across a frozen lake.

Visit my sister for sure. She lives in Connecticut and I haven’t seen her since August 2019 which was also the first time I met my nephew who was born a month earlier. That’s first up 100%.

"After covid"... Lol.

There will be no "after covid".

It'll be called something else, but don't think it'll be long before the next big crisis.

If not some newly discovered, often survivable virus it'll be something like a meteor on a collision course with earth or a new dance craze sweeping the nation and corrupting the youth.

IMO Covid will hang around for along time but at rates that are as acceptable as the common flu, traffic deaths, cancer etc.

If you don't like it, continue with distancing and masks. Don't go anywhere or do anything.

If everything goes right we would start off with some local day trips or 2-3 day driving trips.

Keep in mind that the pent up travel bugs will put pressure on facilitates as the tourist industry tries to make back some of the Covid coin loss.

Last edited:
IMO Covid will hang around for along time but at rates that are as acceptable as the common flu, traffic deaths, cancer etc.

If you don't like it, continue with distancing and masks. Don't go anywhere or do anything.

A lot of diseases died out after vaccines came out, once people start getting them, it will become fairly trivial, like polio

For history buffs, here is a list of now extinct diseases:

Back
Top Bottom