What mods are you planning to do over the winter? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What mods are you planning to do over the winter?

So, tore the bike apart today to install the last bit of upgrades (520/+3 Rear, PCV, SH4, smog plates, +4 ignition rotor, new air filter). Once I got into the airbox I was a little grossed out :(

At first glance I'm like DAMN that's a dirty filter!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

Then I was like EWWW look at all the wildlife in there!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

Once I got around to the other side I was beyond ewww.

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

I took my shop vac and sucked it all clean before attempting to lift/remove the old filter! Luckily it was super clean underneath, yay!

09R6Sairbox_sm.jpg

Installed my velocity stacks:

09R6SvelocityStacks02.jpg

Installed my smog block off plates:

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

Why anodize them blue?? lol. Nobody will ever see em under there!!

Installed my home made slide stops:

P1050580.jpg

Installed the new BMC race air filter

09R6SvelocityStacks01.jpg

Buttoned her all back up and gave her a test.

Had a super weird issue with the Power Commander V. I tapped into my speedo healer V4 to get the speed signal so I can do per gear tuning with the PCV, but after I had everything installed, map uploaded, firmware updated, the PCV wouldn't read my throttle position (TPS stayed at 0%) and wouldn't read any speed from my speed signal wire!!!

I called DynoJet support, they determined that the firmware update didn't complete totally and messed up the unit. He walked me through updating it again, it still failed! He told me I had probably swapped the black and clear fuel injector connections under the tank (doubt the bike would run if I did that! lol), so I took the tank back off, rechecked all the connection, everything was perfect, still no TPS!! I called again and was given different instructions to flash the unit:

In the power commander software tell it to update the firmware, pick the firmware file, click update. After a while it'll show "boot loader", click on that, click update, pick the firmware file again. When it says "firmware update complete" DO NOT unplug the USB cable. Exit the power commander software (DO NOT reboot), go back in, do the same firmware update steps again, this time it'll work properly.

Once it was flashed correctly my TPS and speed sensor worked perfect! (on a side note, my TPS is out of spec at 16/89 :( not sure if that will cause any issues, like will my ECU think I'm only at 89% throttle when I want WOT?! I calibrated the PCV so it reads 100% at WOT) I was able to calibrate all the gears and create a per gear map with 250rpm fueling resolution. All ready for the dyno tune.... or am I? I read people are having REALLY good success with the PCV AutoTune when using per gear maps (because the tuning required for 1st gear is way different than 6th, etc.) The only issue is my bike doesn't have an O2 sensor so I'd have to drill a hole and weld a bung in. Problem is with my super shorty exhaust I'm pretty tight for room to fit an O2!!

Overall an amazing day wrenching. Runs great now, sounds MEAN with the +4 ignition advance rotor, super quick throttle response! Can't wait till I can ride it :)

-Jamie M.

Last edited:
I'm going to install my new rad and all new body work! Weeeeee!
And then if there's money left over a new chain and sprocket for some power wheelies :D

Hey, that's MY woodcraft cover!
It was in the box with the rest of MY goodies from bluestreak!! How DARE you get YOUR parts shipped to MY house! Anything that arrives here is MINE MINE MINE! *snatch*

-Jamie M.

For the 2006 Ducati Sport 1000 (track only). In order of preference / necessity...

1. Install custom Top Mount Steering Damper once it gets here (already paid for)
2. Send 8983 shock back to Penske for service
3. Replace final drive (same gearing -1 front +3 rear)
4. Get rid of battery box and install LiPoFe battery under the seat
5. Move voltage regulator under the tail where it can stay cooler
6. Aerotech race fairing (order, get painted, make custom stay and brackets, install)
7. Send AK-20 cartridges back to Traxxion to get modified for compression damping adjustment
8. Get track wheels powder coated plack

...whew! Lucky if I make it to #4. Only the first 3 are strictly necessary.

Possibly do stainless steel braided brake lines, front and back (toss up is between Galfter, Goodridge or Spiegler at the moment...).

Possibly do stainless steel braided brake lines, front and back (toss up is between Galfter, Goodridge or Spiegler at the moment...).

Definitely my next "upgrade" SS brake lines...
Leaning towards the Spiegler's myself.

Possibly do stainless steel braided brake lines, front and back
I had the Galfer on my 08 R6 and the feel was amazing! I also had EBC HH pads installed at the same time so it was difficult to tell how much was just the lines ;)

Blue Galfers they were so pretty!

DSCN2594.JPG

-Jamie M.

Definitely my next "upgrade" SS brake lines...
Leaning towards the Spiegler's myself.

Just starting my hunt now as to why the price discrepancy between Spiegler and the other two i.e. research on reviews, feedback, etc. (I know Galfer comes in highly recommended by folks on this board and on the Gixxer forums).

Just starting my hunt now as to why the price discrepancy between Spiegler and the other two i.e. research on reviews, feedback, etc. (I know Galfer comes in highly recommended by folks on this board and on the Gixxer forums).

I think the main reason for that is the price difference... I could be wrong, I'll look into it a little more.
If you have any direct links to reviews of either, PM me.

I had the Galfer on my 08 R6 and the feel was amazing! I also had EBC HH pads installed at the same time so it was difficult to tell how much was just the lines ;)

-Jamie M.

It's what I've heard i.e. feel/response is increased significantly on braking with the Galfers (my gut feel is that it should be the same for all 3, but hey, that's just a guess at the moment; maybe Galfers are that good).

It's what I've heard i.e. feel/response is increased significantly on braking with the Galfers (my gut feel is that it should be the same for all 3, but hey, that's just a guess at the moment; maybe Galfers are that good).

I believe all SS lines are supposed to give the same feel... (Or somewhat similar)

I think the main reason for that is the price difference... I could be wrong, I'll look into it a little more.
If you have any direct links to reviews of either, PM me.

2live&ride, will do (the supplier I normally deal with has Spiegler the cheapest of those 3 brands, and by 'cheap', I mean half the cost - maybe it's specific to my bike make/year/model?)

Just did a quick search on sportbiketrackgear.
Spiegler's- 109$ Front, 56$ Rear
Galfer- 90$ Front, 50$ Rear
Goodridge are the cheapest- 78$ Front, 48$ Rear

I have an 06 750, hope your buddy can still hook it up.
What I like about the Spiegler's is that you can choose a color for the line and a color for the fitting...
Silly I know!

Last edited:
some kind of mechanical cruise control for long rides. i have something in my mind and would try it over the winter.

hmmmm... what mods am i planning to do over the winter ?

r1Girl, Isis, and cutekill. cuz they have the sexy names. Hopefully they'd like a wee bit of Scotland in them.

Bring back a some-what dead thread...

Just picked up a new gas tank, cause my girl scratched the **** out of my old one while she was 2-upping with me.
Autotune to hook up to the PCV
-1/+2, 520 did erv3 conversion with driven front/rear sprockets
SpeedoDRD
Spiegler SS brake lines, front and back

Thinking about grabbing the Brembo RCS as well.
Plan on powder-coating the passenger pegs to match the frame/rearsets.
Also putting on new spark plugs, air filter and rear pads.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom