What mods are you planning to do over the winter? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What mods are you planning to do over the winter?

Gonna strip down the Ninja 250 all the way down to the frame and put it back together. Should be fun.
Valve check and adjustment
Cartridge emulators in the forks
Maybe swap in a new rear shock if I can find one cheap that fits
Might change chain and sprockets
Repaint fairings

If you have a model of rear shock that you know is a swap in I have the name of an EBay seller in Florida that will mail you the parts with cheap shipping. I ended up getting a 2005/6 636 shock + links + dogbones for something like $68 delivered.

Gonna take 1/2 a tooth off the front sprocket, for better acceleration.

Only mod I'll be doing over winter, will be removing the warning stickers off my bike and washing it. lolz.

Fuel stabilizer. Maybe even lube the chain.

All the girls complain my pipe is too long ;)

It was the only bill in my wallet, not cause I'm a baller, just cause nobody will take em! lol! I put it there to show the size of the can, it looked so big in the pic (taken from my crackberry) i wanted to show scale (it's only a 10" can!).

The pipe was cut as short as possible and welded to the "v.a.l.e." flange by the Two Bro's factory. Total prototype/custom job, no refunds, no guarantee, etc. I told them I wanted it mounted nice and tight like my 08 R6 was. I sent them some measurements, angles, etc., and they said my stock header exhaust outlet is at the perfect angle and position, so it was easy for them. They also included the stock midpipe too in case their setup didn't work, but they said they wouldn't do any alterations for me. The muffler is super close to the rear brake, and if you push it down hard it contacts the exhaust just slightly (where the brake pivot is). If it wasn't a carbon fiber can I'd probably let it slide, but I don't want to crack the carbon! As soon as I can find someone that can weld thin wall stainless I'll get them to cut up the stock midpipe and give me a little more room.

HID install is done and super tight and neat, and exhaust is installed temporarily. I didn't bother recording a sound demo because I can't take the bike out of my shed. I'm also getting the Two Bro's P1X sound reducer so wanted to do a before/after demo with that too :)

Sorry the pics are crappy, battery was low and wouldn't let me use the flash:

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

I had to cut the side shields a little to give more room for the HID wires coming out of the middle of the dust cap:

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

Let there be light!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

Not bad for a cripple eh!? :)

Next to arrive should be chain kit and power commander :happy3:

-Jamie M.
you should have gonne with the M4 exhaust, it would have looked better and no need for so many custom jobs to fit it, its meant as a shorti. Why didn't you spent all that extra money on a better bike?

Im gonna spend time just fixing the damage from my crash and making sure it's still straight.
Gonna wait for left arm to heal though. Lots of time til 2012 season. :)

you should have gonne with the M4 exhaust, it would have looked better and no need for so many custom jobs to fit it, its meant as a shorti. Why didn't you spent all that extra money on a better bike?

Lol. That's what I said. It keeps him busy while he's crips.

Lol. That's what I said. It keeps him busy while he's crips.

Except that you just don't heal right, if you keep moving stuff around. That (and the fact that I'm not 20 years old anymore) resulted in it taking 8 months to heal a broken collarbone.

you should have gonne with the M4 exhaust
I didn't like the sound of the M4 on the R6S. Sounds sweet on the R6 with the cat though. The two brothers sounds amazing so far, so I'm super happy with my decision!

On another note, MORE PARTS! lol. I'm not able to get stuff installed by the time the next batch comes!!? AHHHH!

Kickstand_VelocityStacks_IgnitionAdvanceRotor_Plugs_sm.jpg

Man my bike is going to be in so many pieces by the end of the day today! LOL!!!

-Jamie M.
(P.S. Uh oh! Where are my smog block off plates?! Supposed to be in the box :( I'd be installing em at the same time as the vstacks :()

Patching up all the crash damage to the fiberglass on the Muffin and maybe getting someone to paint the checkered paint stuff again.

Last batch of goodies just arrived! I think this is the end of it (once my P1X and smog plates arrive) :)

PowerCommander_Sprockets_OtherGoodies_sm.jpg

-Jamie M.

My goal over the winter is to make my KLR more off-road / tour worthy. Dual Sport Plus / Twisted Throttle shopping sprees shortly.

My goal over the winter is to make my KLR more off-road / tour worthy. Dual Sport Plus / Twisted Throttle shopping sprees shortly.

Let me know how it turns out. Mine is a blank slate, and I have no clue what's worth doing :)

Will do.
There was an article started over on cmgonline about restoring / improving a klr, but looks like the project has mothballed. Too bad as it looked like it was going to give some good info. Do a search, you'll find it.

Finally found someone that can weld stainless to titanium (to weld a V.A.L.E. Two Bro's mounting ring to the factory Ti pipe)! WOOT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=J74HUM8K44s&vq=large

Exhaust is all mounted and solid! Sounds 1000x better then the Yosh pipe that was on there! Sorry for the cheesy video, I promise once my leg is healed I'll do a sound video outside, with the camera not right beside the engine, and some flyby vids too ;)

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

I tried to take a pic of the clearance to the swingarm, but black on black, lol. At full droop there is 3/8" between the swingarm and the pipe, so lots of room! Also tons of clearance under the rear brake lever now too!

LICK FOR HIGH RES!

-Jamie M.

Back
Top Bottom