What gear do you wear? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What gear do you wear?

The Hwk gear I'm wearing has 600 denier on the likely wear areas but the result is very light flexible pants and jacket with excellent cooling for the emerging 30-36C daily weather.
I'm considering upgrading the knee armour from the supplied CE1 to D30 CE2 and hope it will not impact the cooling.
I switched the lighter riding pants with 3 mesh panels but sticking with the jacket ...the cooling system just never ceases to amaze me on rides. Range was 22 in the morning to 34 this afternoon and the only time I felt hot was at an overly long wait for construction in full sun. I would have been roasting in my Scott waterproof jacket.
Will see if the HWK are truly waterproof soon enough as rainy season starts in Nov.
The minute I'm moving the 6" gaping cooling ports funnel air into the top of the jacket both front and back with no ballooning. The ports have waterproof zippers. I had to keep the ports closed on cooler days earlier this year. They worked too well on high teens, low 20s temps.

The lighter pants are so easy to walk in ...just two slit pockets for keys. I really don't mind wearing them. The heavier waterproof pair have loads of pockets, are waterproof, no mesh but again some innovative cooling ports.

57 years riding I have yet to get road rash on pavement and intend to stay in that zone with conservative riding and atgatt that is comfortable ..not overkill.
Low cost for HWK is bonus so I can afford two sets of riding pants for different conditions.

Last edited:
1 Shoei Helmet
2 pairs of boots
3 pairs jackets, depending on the weather
3 pairs of gloves, depending on the weather
4 pairs of denim with Kevlar. Usually rotate

As for Motoport, I have a Kevlar mesh suit from them and did go for a 50ft slide in it on my trip to BC and it held up very well. I’d say worth the money for sure, but I do agree it’s quite expensive. It’s extremely ugly gear though, but very comfortable stretch fabric to wear with very beefy armour. I keep that as my backup suit or suit for insanely hot rides only.
I've been eyeing their mesh outfits for years, but hard to commit when the same outfit can look great in one pic and "sloppy" in another. Would love to see yours in person sometime to get a better idea. Probably next season.

I've been eyeing their mesh outfits for years, but hard to commit when the same outfit can look great in one pic and "sloppy" in another. Would love to see yours in person sometime to get a better idea. Probably next season.
Anytime you want to see it, you are more than welcome to. The jacket would probably fit you perfect too if you want to try it on - the pants might be a bit long.

It's an older one - maybe around 10yrs now. If you can get past the looks of them, they are otherwise very comfortable and very well made.
I've used it specifically for all my multi-day trips and anything super twisty.

Last edited:
Another option for a 'mesh' suit with good abrasion resistance is the Klim Marrakesh. It's one of the most comfortable pair in the Klim Motorcycling apparel range, and it is a 1000D Cordura woven stretch everywhere. I almost took the plunge for the suit this year, but decided to postpone as I went with a laminated pant first.

Might want to give it a trial shot at GP. Last I checked they had a L & XL in stock.

Helmet: AGV K1

Summer Jacket: Alpinestars T-GP Plus R V2 (a mouthful i know).

Cold Weather Jacket: Alpinestars Andes V3. Just got this in the mail and will test it out tomorrow!

Gloves: For summer Im using a pair of Dainese 4 stroke 2 short cuffs and for colder weather a pair of Scorpion Tempest gloves

Pants: no riding pants so i got nothing for this except whatever is in my closet LOL

Boots: a pair of Alpinestars Faster 3's which are great but after a year of use and 11,000 km later wear is showing in the laces and the velcro is deff not as strong as at was when new

My gear is worth more than my bike.
+1

Too much to remember. Lots of pairs of gloves(long and short), jackets and suits. Textile mesh jackets for summer, leather for cooler temps and sportier riding. Usually had Shoei helmets, but currently run an AGV. Alpinestars boots. Need new helmet and boots though.

Helmet: Bell Vortex + Transitions visor

Gloves: Alpinestar SMX-2 Air Carbon 2
Joe Rocket "something" (backup)

Jacket: Rev'it Eclipse (hot weather)
Joe Rocket Phoenix 12 (cool weather)

Pants: Resurgence Gear Ultralight Bootcut jeans

Boots: Icon Truants 2

Helmet: Bell Vortex + Transitions visor

Gloves: Alpinestar SMX-2 Air Carbon 2
Joe Rocket "something" (backup)

Jacket: Rev'it Eclipse (hot weather)
Joe Rocket Phoenix 12 (cool weather)

Pants: Resurgence Gear Ultralight Bootcut jeans

Boots: Icon Truants 2
How do you like the Resurgence Jeans?
I have a pair of their Voyageur jeans and they seem pretty tough. Great for spring and fall, but too hot for use over 25deg.

I ride all year round rain and shine in all kinds of weather (I try and avoid riding when there is ice and snow on the road. Don't always succeed.)

My current gear has works for me from -18c up to +38c (-18 for an hour or so, -10 all day)

Aerostich Roadcrafter R3 goes over everything else in all weather.

HJC RPHA Modular Helmet (Don't recall the model number)
Tilley Travel Dress socks as my everyday socks

Assorted gloves for moderate and hot weather.

For colder weather:
Warm n safe heated gloves
Warm n safe heated socks
Warm n safe heated jacket
Aerostich Fleece Pants (Goes over my street pants. No "Base Layers" required in colder weather.)
Aerostich Soft Shell fleece Jacket (Normally goes over the Heated Jacket only in colder weather.)

For rain rides: Aerostich triple digit rain overgloves

Alpinstar Web Goretex boots

Shorts, t-shirt in hot weather, evaporative cooling vest in real hot weather (this stuff under the R3)

..Tom
Fwiw I have ridden every day for the last several months (as far back as I can remember) including the last few days in the rain.

My gear has kept me warm and dry and comfy.

..Tom

How do you like the Resurgence Jeans?
I have a pair of their Voyageur jeans and they seem pretty tough. Great for spring and fall, but too hot for use over 25deg.
The voyageur is the 3 layer deal, right?

The ultralight I got is single layer denim with the aramid woven in. It's one of the few riding jeans I can find that's not skinny or slim fit (makes no sense for riding IMO). I generally quite like these jeans, they feel no different to me than heavyweight denim. I rode in them late Aug when it was stupid hot and my legs weren't cooking as much as my head or torso were. On the other hand, I definitely need longjohns underneath when it less than 10c outside wearing them. Only gripe I have is the hip protectors digs into you a bit when/if your legs are really compressed on the bike.

The voyageur is the 3 layer deal, right?

The ultralight I got is single layer denim with the aramid woven in. It's one of the few riding jeans I can find that's not skinny or slim fit (makes no sense for riding IMO). I generally quite like these jeans, they feel no different to me than heavyweight denim. I rode in them late Aug when it was stupid hot and my legs weren't cooking as much as my head or torso were. On the other hand, I definitely need longjohns underneath when it less than 10c outside wearing them. Only gripe I have is the hip protectors digs into you a bit when/if your legs are really compressed on the bike.
Yeah the Voyageur jeans are the 3 layer ones. Very soft texture and feeling inside and out, but also very thick due to the layering. They also fit well and I like that they have belt loops, so I can wear them like a pair of jeans. They feel like they would hold up pretty decent in a slide too and the D3O hip armour doesn't dig into me at all, but my bike is a pretty upright position which may help.

Last edited:
How is the sizing? Similar to normal jeans such as Levis?
I find it's pretty good. Mine are 32Wx33L and fit equal to the many pairs of jeans I have. I can't speak for the other models they sell, but have no reason to think they would be different.

The ones I have can be worn as standalone jeans, or sometimes I'll wear a pair of thin polar fleece pants underneath if I want extra warmth on the colder days. But now that I have the Klim gear and got my Olympia Ranger pants fixed up by a professional tailor, I doubt I'll be wearing the Resurgence anymore and will probably sell them in the spring.

Back
Top Bottom