What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 133 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

I seriously need to figure out how to declutter. I’m horrible at it because ‘we’ll I’ll probably use that soon enough’

Maybe if I could actually ORGANIZE the junk…would make it more bearable. Tips? Tricks? Suggestions?
It is tough. What we do is focus on one room at a time and split things into three categories. Keep, donate/sell, and throw away. Our focus was on the basement, garage, and spare bedrooms as they tend to be dumping grounds, plus since we are moving we want to eliminate as much unwanted stuff as possible. We're focused on simplicity for our new home and if I need something again, I'll just buy, rent, or borrow it.

New black and gold RK chain on my black/yellow and gold rimmed 650 V-Strom...
...best motorcycle ever made except maybe a V65-Magna?
(Just kidding don't go crazy on me for the comment, but I did do the chain!)
FYI - for the DL650, there are the screw type master link chains made by EK that are easier and faster to install than the rivets.

And it is one of the best bikes ever made!

Blech. Wifes engagement ring broke. Diamond and claws are gone. Just 7/8's of a hoop remains. Window is approx 6 hours. Looked in all the simple places already. Tomorrow going into the septic tank. Fml.
Had this happen with my wife's engagement ring.
The first time the diamond fell out she actually found it. She heard it drop on the floor. We took it to a local shop to get it fixed.
A couple months later the entire crown with diamond fell off and this time nowhere to be found. It was most likely the fault of the previous "repair" but they didn't want to own up to it and take responsibility.

We put it through insurance and got the crown and diamond replaced/fixed at a place in Woodbridge. My good friends family owns the place.

Let me know if you need a contact.

Good luck with the search.

Had this happen with my wife's engagement ring.
The first time the diamond fell out she actually found it. She heard it drop on the floor. We took it to a local shop to get it fixed.
A couple months later the entire crown with diamond fell off and this time nowhere to be found. It was most likely the fault of the previous "repair" but they didn't want to own up to it and take responsibility.

We put it through insurance and got the crown and diamond replaced/fixed at a place in Woodbridge. My good friends family owns the place.

Let me know if you need a contact.

Good luck with the search.
No insurance, no luck, no repair needed.

I seriously need to figure out how to declutter. I’m horrible at it because ‘we’ll I’ll probably use that soon enough’

Maybe if I could actually ORGANIZE the junk…would make it more bearable. Tips? Tricks? Suggestions?

If you're not ready to declutter then you're not ready, I wouldn't fight it. If you think something has value it's hard to get rid of it.

A first step could be to organize the junk, so hit Walmart or CT for containers and have at it.

Label things and also put the date on it. A few years from now you'll realize all of this stuff is sitting there unused for a couple of years........... and do you really need it. So have a garage sale, donate it, recycle it or trash it. It's very liberating to look at empty closets.

We did several iterations when kids moved out, when parents died or moved to residences. All bedrooms, main level and most of the basement done. We have about 20 totes full of lead crystal glassware, fine china, figurines and family memorabilia. What do you do with Limoges china from 1890, or your great great grandmother's piano purchased in 1898? Boxes of weekly letters from great grandpa from the trenches between 1914 - 1918? Some of this stuff we're going to keep for the duration. Maybe I'll let my kids deal with it LOL

If you're not ready to declutter then you're not ready, I wouldn't fight it.
I would, it should be a fight you easily win. I'm not talking about precious mementos, I'm talking about the basic "junk" we all gather.
I know have a bin full of it, we're moving, so it is either toss it or move it then toss it... Easy choice.

Back
Top Bottom