What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 118 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Put wheels on it and it’s a work bench. Hell I’d buy one like that for my garage.
Ideally you don't want wheels on your workbench. If you really feel the need, check out table saw wheels and copy that system. Wheels when you need them, solidly sitting on the floor when you are working.

Where is this thing located? Currently using an old computer desk as a workbench but I could reconfigure.

Ideally you don't want wheels on your workbench. If you really feel the need, check out table saw wheels and copy that system. Wheels when you need them, solidly sitting on the floor when you are working.
I have lockable casters on my bakers scaffold and it works fairly well…haven’t fallen off yet.

Hell I can build one myself when I’m not feeling lazy.

@Chameleon PM me info if you can.

I have lockable casters on my bakers scaffold and it works fairly well…haven’t fallen off yet.

They won't move much but they absorb a ton of energy when you are hammering on things. You can hammer all day on casters, drop it onto legs and two hits later the job is done.

Where is this thing located? Currently using an old computer desk as a workbench but I could reconfigure.
Currently, midtown Toronto. If I get the go ahead to take it, I'll be storing it in Ajax until I figure out what to do with it.

I put casters on my tire changer which is about 800 lbs, and it still moves when you're rotating a stiff tire around a clamped rim to line up the dot with the valve stem. It was a great idea at first when I was moving it around to different spots in the garage, but now that it's settled into the same place it's been for a couple years, I'll probably remove them.

If you want that bench also let me know I can use the trailer to grab it and pop it up to you sometime in the near future. Or you can just grab my trailer while you’re down.

If you want that bench also let me know I can use the trailer to grab it and pop it up to you sometime in the near future. Or you can just grab my trailer while you’re down.
I need to wait until his storage location gets annoyed at him as he waits for hipsters to buy a four figure table for their condo. When he gets down to "just get it tf out of here" level pricing, I may be interested. If he can get a lot of money out of someone else, awesome.

I need to wait until his storage location gets annoyed at him as he waits for hipsters to buy a four figure table for their condo. When he gets down to "just get it tf out of here" level pricing, I may be interested. If he can get a lot of money out of someone else, awesome.
I'm willing to settle for 3 figures.

My storage location is my brother. He's my favourite brother out of the one that I have. And he owes me many favours. So I think it's safe for a bit haha

I'm willing to settle for 3 figures.

My storage location is my brother. He's my favourite brother out of the one that I have. And he owes me many favours. So I think it's safe for a bit haha
Just watch, like every other workbench, three minutes after you put it down, it will be covered with nine years of junk and you will never be able to get it back from him.

Ideally you don't want wheels on your workbench.
Wheels- yes. Junk wheels, no. Table saw cam wheels are aren't dobevtgst way to help locking saws down, just a really cheap way to add wheels to something that rarely moves.

2 rigid and 2 swivel casters with brakes
locked should be harder to move than 4 steel feet. Bonus is its really easy to move when unlocked.

Finished rust repair on GL1000 seatpan. 20230430_131228.jpg20230430_131303.jpg

20230430_134214.jpg

20230430_140706.jpg

20230430_143108.jpg

Attachments

• 20230430_131542.jpg
    20230430_131542.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 6
Hack sawed a piston in half to get a better look at this. The wrist pin is locked. "Hello Mr Con Rod it's your old friend Valve Stem?
IMG_0398.JPGThen I parted a second piston in the lathe to get that small ash tray I've been needing. If you have one you want "converted" PM me. It's takes just minutes and I'd gladly do it for free. IMG_0440.JPG

Trying to solve a near-new John Deere E180 that's hard to start when cold. Acts like the choke isn't functioning. Youtube hasn't been overly helpful so I'll search out an exploded view parts diagram and see if that helps. It always starts but needs to crank for 10sec before it'll fire when cold.

Last edited:
made a gps mount for now until the Powerparts mount is availiable.

Have you tried the Vanasche mounts? They make good stuff:

IMG_1243_1000x747.jpg

Have you tried the Vanasche mounts? They make good stuff:

IMG_1243_1000x747.jpg
Thanks just noticed they mentioned sending some to Camel ADV I will have a look.

Back
Top Bottom