What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 68 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Hand Bombing. Where do you place the valve stem so it's least in the way of spooning the new one on?
If I start at 6oclock and end at 12 oclock then I figure 4 or 8 oclock is a good spot.

"L" shape stem? I've never used them.
The pic above has a stem that'll never be in the way......I was getting at the 'balance', or 'weight', red circle/dot on the sidewall.

Got out for a couple of hours on the RD yesterday and noticed the turn signals stop flashing when I apply either the front or rear brake. Give her a little throttle and they blink sloooowly.

This morning in the garage I pulled the flasher connections and cleaned them up. However, the problem remained. Btw, they are a pain in the *** to get to under the tank due to the tank equalizing fuel line running under the frame.

Rather than struggle under the slightly propped up tank, I fabbed up two additional longer wires and connectors and tried the flasher from the Honda.

Bingo !!! Problem solved and the flasher is now relocated under the side cover.

Also found a spare flasher in my parts bin that went back into the CB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ice. Broken fibula and a destroyed ankle. Got ankle reconstruction and a plate. I made it more than 40 years before breaking something.
Ouch. 20 years ago I was sledding across lake Simcoe and clipped a dock that was frozen into the ice hidden under a drift. Broken fibula, spiral fracture on tibia - they healed fine. The crush injuries... not so much. I still feel the odd sprain like shock and get a good swell on that ankle if I'm on her for more than a few hours.

10+ Years later I had was dealing with another sports physio on a hockey related shoulder injury. I had him look at the ankle, he told me had I had proper therapy after the injury it would have been a full recovery, but after a few years there was nothing he could do.

See a good sports physio - you future self will thank you in 20 years.

Ouch. 20 years ago I was sledding across lake Simcoe and clipped a dock that was frozen into the ice hidden under a drift. Broken fibula, spiral fracture on tibia - they healed fine. The crush injuries... not so much. I still feel the odd sprain like shock and get a good swell on that ankle if I'm on her for more than a few hours.

10+ Years later I had was dealing with another sports physio on a hockey related shoulder injury. I had him look at the ankle, he told me had I had proper therapy after the injury it would have been a full recovery, but after a few years there was nothing he could do.

See a good sports physio - you future self will thank you in 20 years.
Already lined up. Need doc signoff to start seeing her. In another cross-thread post, she runs with my wife every week. Hopefully she's good. She says she is but I haven't been treated by her yet. I love my old physio guy but he's so far away now (more than an hour each way) and he'd rather not deal with normal people as he prefers high-performance athletes. If I think I need to, I'll try to get one session with him to get me on the right track. He is physio/chiro/acupuncture/sports medicine all in one.

I spent an hour searching for the bolt for my horn mounting bracket. It's gone. Now I need to figure out the routing for the choke cables into the carb and how to get the throttle cables on the carb.

Sorting out how to secure everything before hauling out to Calabogie in a couple of weeks.
I need a bigger trailer….

6dc80d03defae9c8ea5537128a75efc5.jpg

Late post but on Two-Stroke Tuesday I fired up the KTM smoker, weedeater, and sled. You forget how enjoyable the sound of a ring-ding dirtbike can be.
Also fired up and polished the genny but 4cycle....

Back
Top Bottom