What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 45 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

Started taking the bike apart to get to the valves and spark plugs.

Only 2 broken clips so far and I can’t take the RH side off. But the tank coming off was annoying as eff…

If you're breaking tabs off of a 2-3 year old bike you're doing something wrong. Do you have the shop manual or similar or is there a bike specific forum to help you with this.

I took huge amount of plastic on and off my ST for 18 years and never broke a tab

If you're breaking tabs off of a 2-3 year old bike you're doing something wrong. Do you have the shop manual or similar or is there a bike specific forum to help you with this.

I took huge amount of plastic on and off my ST for 18 years and never broke a tab
I knew it was to push it a certain way…but I pushed it wrong and both snapped off. So 100% my fault. I’m hoping it doesn’t to much by not having them as the panel is still held together my a few bolts.

If you're breaking tabs ......... you're doing something wrong.

Yeah... That's the trooth...

It's amazing the help you can get from randoms on the YouTtube on just about ANYTHING.

My hint, if you have any tabs left for reinstallation... squirt of silicone spray on the tabs.
They'll slip into their slots way easy...

Honda plastic (others too) breaks easily when cold.

Spark plugs are now 5yrs old on my 2017 bike although it only has 9,000km on it so I might put it off another year.
Meantime I made a rustic kids measuring chart to chart their height and mounted it in the basement. Dad life.

Honda plastic (others too) breaks easily when cold.

Maybe new Honda's, but I never had an issue with my 2002, regardless of the temp.

Coach house progress. Wiring in, 2 circuits for plugs/lights, 1 for fridge, 1 for stove, 1 for washer/dryer, one for minisplit (holy **** is wire expensive) and 2 circuits for supplemental heat. 60A panel is maxed out.

Insulation R35 in the walls, will blow in ceiling and eaves.

Next week is roughing in plumbing and drains.

Changed the intake manifold gaskets on the convertible. Great idea putting the engine under the windshield makes for a more interesting job than if you could actually see the engine. Also replaced the carb on the 30 year old snowblower runs like a charm now. Could have tried cleaning it but a new one was like 12 bucks.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

First cut on the used CNC router I bought. I need to get a dust boot for it - it's like its snowing ultra fine saw dust while it runs

0fSIyEU.jpg

Started taking the bike apart to get to the valves and spark plugs.

Only 2 broken clips so far and I can’t take the RH side off. But the tank coming off was annoying as eff…

View attachment 52731

View attachment 52732
Nothings says I fixed it (or in my case crashed it) like zip tie stitches on bodywork. And as for valves remember "the tighter the valves the higher the lift"

Ugh so close to removing the valve cover but stuck on the radiator (?) hose….Frak.

BDE17EC9-F996-49C5-AFF3-A145E7A55727.jpeg

A8A0E497-43D1-4453-87A1-F86C6C82CE45.jpeg

It sucks having to remove stuff so you can remove other stuff to get to something else.
Sarcasm noted and accounted for….I’m trying to remove the hose but can’t seem to get a good grip on it.

Thanks. Will try again tomorrow morning.
Sometimes it comes down to having the right yools handy. A hook pick is helpful here. The hose is probably stuck and hard to grip. Get under the lip with a pick and gently work your way around the hose - breaking the seal is half the battle.

images.jpeg

Sometimes it comes down to having the right yools handy. A hook pick is helpful here. The hose is probably stuck and hard to grip. Get under the lip with a pick and gently work your way around the hose - breaking the seal is half the battle.

View attachment 52745
Agree. Twist/pick/air to get it unstuck and it should come off easily. For air, something like below minus the bleeping safety slot can work. Similar to pick, get it under lip and give it a blast to unstick. Keep in mind, coolant may blast out somewhere.

Jet-409904-Angled-Tip-Safety-Blow-Gun-Heavy-Duty.jpg

Agree. Twist/pick/air to get it unstuck and it should come off easily. For air, something like below minus the bleeping safety slot can work. Similar to pick, get it under lip and give it a blast to unstick. Keep in mind, coolant may blast out somewhere.

Jet-409904-Angled-Tip-Safety-Blow-Gun-Heavy-Duty.jpg
I hate that tool! While blowing out a emulsion tube, the stream blew a bubble of air into the tips of my index finger and thumb.

I don't often scream, that day I did.

Back
Top Bottom