What did you do in your garage today..? | Page 106 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What did you do in your garage today..?

You mean like when you're playing good samaritan doing a neighbour's driveway and find his flyers?

There should be shear pins that break when the auger jams on something to save the motor. Found out the hard way when I hit the curb with my father-in-law's Craftsman. Luckily they're cheap, easy to find, and easy to replace.

There should be shear pins that break when the auger jams on something to save the motor. Found out the hard way when I hit the curb with my father-in-law's Craftsman. Luckily they're cheap, easy to find, and easy to replace.
I broke a shear pin on the first use this year. Only ate a small river rock from the landscaping. Luckily I had spares.

It should be noted that the manual states that you should only use the shear pins are specific to your snow blower.

"Generic" shear pins may not shear off as needed or may shear off too easily.

If he doesn't take your $50, tell him I can offer him $100.
Watched him and his boys shovel the snow just now with that blower sitting in the garage mocking them.

As for shear pins…last year my machine ate through 4 sets.

This year…not a single one…yet.

Watched him and his boys shovel the snow just now with that blower sitting in the garage mocking them.

As for shear pins…last year my machine ate through 4 sets.

This year…not a single one…yet.
Look your model up online and confirm the correct pins are in it. It shouldn't break a pin unless you're hitting bid hard/frozen stuff like newspapers or big rocks like above.

The drive on mine is slipping in the first few gears. Started doing this after I replaced the drive pulleys. At that time I also lubed the gearbox and cleaned the friction wheel and disc. I'll pull the bottom panel and clean them again but I think my friction wheel is just too worn. MTD site showed it is no longer made but I'll try to source one. Or I may get a new blower this Spring if there's a good sale.........

You mean like when you're playing good samaritan doing a neighbour's driveway and find his flyers?
My neighbour has a broken leg and his wife has Norwalk. I did thier driveway this morning. They have a big dog and leave the poop bags at the top corner of the driveway. They are all shredded and scattered now.

Attachments

• 20230304_081825.jpg
    20230304_081825.jpg
    714.8 KB · Views: 27
Effing hell. My last shear pin failed the second it hit the wet snow.

Guess I’m hand bombing a 9 car driveway.

Effing hell. My last shear pin failed the second it hit the wet snow.

Guess I’m hand bombing a 9 car driveway.
For sure you have the wrong pins in.

Ask your neighbor if you can take them off of his. Their no use to him anyways

Had a nice new Craftsman snowblower about ten years ago, neighbor borrowed it and broke a shear pin. He replaced it with a grade 8 nut and bolt without telling me. Next day I use it to clear the frozen windrow at the end of my driveway.I’m really biting into some ice and the impeller and auger stop working , gearcase is totally screwed because of that bolt not shearing. I had to buy a new snowblower as it was almost the same cost to fix the first one. Got a nice new Honda to replace it which is ten times better and I don’t lend it to anyone anymore.Use to enjoy watching that guy shovel his way out after every snowstorm after that.I’ve never broken a shear pin on that Honda.

Last edited:
Good thing you have a snowblower. Does the sausage normally minimize windows? I would gladly pay a little extra property tax not to come home to a 2' ice wall.
Correction…I currently have two non functioning snow blowers! So hand bombing that windrow!

They do not come back to clean that 2ft beauty.

No gym required today…

💪

Once you make 1 out of the 2 snowblowers you owe that neighbor a driveway cleaning

Guess I’m going hunting for new shear pins…these are on the neighbours whereas mine have the clip holding them in.

6AD2A0E3-82C1-4596-8CF1-B2A28DD47052.jpeg

Looks like a normal bolt. If you took it out and looked at shaft, you could easily tell if it was a shear pin or bolt. FWIW, mine have a nut not a clip.
Nah it’s a shear pin 100%. I used those before but when I couldn’t find it in a pinch I bought the CT branded ones with the pin.

Sheer pin normally wouldn't have that much thread on the end unless it's the incorrect size. That's why it looks like a regular bolt. Nut or clip end doesn't matter. It's the length (so sheer section is in correct spot) and width.

Back
Top Bottom